TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED

It will be interesting to here other peoples comments, on value for money.

As one night in a PREMIER LODGE is £55 +£7.50 for brekfast.

I laid on for £60 two nights music, as many doughnuts as you can eat, camping two nights, food as much as you can eat, fruit as much as you can eat. tea and coffee as much as you can drink.

A guide OFF ROAD with 30 years experiance on Salisbury Plain, 8 traders that don`t have to pay for a pitch, TOILETS, a BAR and SHOWERS.

So please others answer Mr TONEDin`s post as I`m now shaking in anger.:(

P.S as long as I have a hole in my arse I WOULD NEVER HAVE A BURGER VAN !!!!!

Now you have insulted me !

Sorry to Disagree Steve.
But we we're going to stay in a Travelodge for £47 the 2 of us inc breakfast on the Saturday night/ Sunday morning, but we decided not to attend because of the previous exchanges between me and you..
It is Expensive, BUT I didn't mind last year £100 for 2 pork rolls 6 doughnuts AND the BEST TIME WE HAD ALL YEAR......
We still look at the pics of Steptoes ride last year and wish we had been on this years::tears
{ we also missed out on the friday food as it did run out very early on} but we were self sufficient :beer: lots of Woods and Pussers HIC :bounce1 plus fully stocked wobblybox fridge and larder.

NEXT year, IF we can sort our differences I will be Proud and Privileged to join you all again :thumb2

Steve

Something the chap who gave the talk on sunday morning said during his talk "Pain is temporary, Pride is forever", you can definately hold your head up with pride dispite what people may think or say

I had a cracking weekend, met some of the poeple on here, help pick steptoes bike up on friday evening (what an honour that was :D ) brilliant ride out on the plain on saturday, food and live music both nights, best doughnuts i have ever had, unlimited tea and coffee, some of that new fangled fruit stuff too, secure camping over the weekend, showers and a bar, all for £50 plus £8.50 for a T shirt

All of it to raise money for a worthy charity, is it is worth it - DEFINATELY! :thumb

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Putting into perspective, I spent £145 on a ticket for Glastonbury a couple of weekends before, some of which goes to charity, but there's no free grub.

And this year's hogroast had tons of free grub, the doughnut mine was outstanding. Last year the food was a bit short, this year there was more than enough.

In terms of weekend entertainment, £60 is not much even without the food. And the bar prices for soft drinks were very fair too, which is unusual.

I too would think twice about spending £200 to get there though, £260 for a weekend is a bit steep to do very often.

I'll be there next year, assuming Bakes isn't too cheesed off at having all his hard work denigrated and decides not to bother.

I can see why Tuned In said what he did, but, in common with many postings, it had content that might have been better left unstated.

To be fair to Tuned In, most of us post something at some time which is controversial and was perhaps better not said due to the risk of misinterpretation.

I've never been to the Hograost but it looks like a really good event. The photos and personal recommendations by many assorted tossers are first class :thumb2

TBH I really don't see the problem with Tuned In's post. It's just his personal view of his experience last year and his own opinion as to how he feels the event could be better. To read some of the subsequent "backlash" posts you'd think he'd advocated the legalisation of child prostitution.

Is he to be shot at dawn? :nenau

Different opinions. It's what makes things interesting...:thumb2

Funny thing is last year on the FRIDAY NIGHT, 20lb of savory mince was left and 50 whole 1lb loafs, so why you guys say we ran out of food I don`t know.

What we may have run out of is patiants at 9.45 and stopped serviing waiting for you to stop talking and drinking to come and get your food, not my fault your to fecking lasy to serve yourselfs, we had been serving for two and a half hours previous, and called out many times.

:nenau

Funny thing is last year on the FRIDAY NIGHT, 20lb of savory mince was left and 50 whole 1lb loafs, so why you guys say we ran out of food I don`t know.

What we may have run out of is patiants at 9.45 and stopped serviing waiting for you to stop talking and drinking to come and get your food, not my fault your to fecking lasy to serve yourselfs, we had been serving for two and a half hours previous, and called out many times.

Maybe there was a queue at the Off licence :augie

Steve. sorry but you are talking out of your arse.
We could not get food at 7.45 pm on the Friday, we were pointed towards a fruit table and told that's all that was left.
So the 20lb of mince was nowhere to be seen, cos I'd have made a serious dent in it, and your WONDERFUL bread...:thumb2

{ seriously Bakes Bread is finest I've ever tasted:bow :bow }

Well done Steve and team.

We had a great weekend good food and entertainment very well set up
for all including families. We were out in the car park in our motorhome and it was no big deal I heard no snoring and nobody could hear me.And all for £50 each good value.

Maybe there was a queue at the Off licence :augie

My Dad always said " Don`t drink out of cans " now I know why, I think they all may have alumminum poisoning ! :D

At this years WEYHILL BEER FEST this weekend they are bag searching to make sure you don`t carry in.

May be no beer bought in on site next year, so that ANDOVER RUGBY CLUB can benafit a bit more, as John P said cheaper beer than his local. :D

Must get the LANDLADY to up grade the Wine List ! :thumb

Oh I must go and look at the Pole :clap

Interesting post as I had not been to a Hograost before as I'd felt in the past that it seemed expensive. However, having heard such good reports about it from fellow GSers I decided to go for the first time this year.

As you may remember from the Llangollen aftermath, I'm not adverse to also spouting my opinions on events even if like Tuned In, I may be in a minority :). I accept his right to have his own opinion but feel it could have been put in a much more sensitive and diplomatic manner. As I've learnt myself, it not just what you say but also how you phrase it that can alter how others react to it.

I'm happy to admit that my preconceived ideas about Hograost were wrong. The event was much better than I expected in every area.

As a first time Hograoster, these are my thoughts about it:

I booked in advance and paid only £50.

The camping area was perfect with soft level ground, good clean toilets close by, excellent scalding hot showers and clean changing rooms. That alone must be worth a few quid for the two nights.

The inclusive evening meals were great even for a greedy fat bastard like me. Quality and quantity so no complaints there.

Free tea, coffee, fruit and donuts (yes, numerous donuts :)) were greatly appreciated and consumed.

Bar staff were friendly and welcoming with beer at sensible prices. Decent breakfast available in the bar each morning.

The Friday night band were acceptable and the Saturday night group were almost worth the ticket price alone.

The Plains ride was brilliantly organised with a very professional guide who took his time to make sure that we all enjoyed ourselves all day.

The trader stands were all friendly and low key with no hard sell. Big thanks to Slimbo on AA stand for fixing my exhaust for me. :)

Clothing sale for charity enabled me to get some quality BMW gear at half normal retail, bargain.

Raffle was good, especially as I won a prize. :D

Probably the best bit was the laid back relaxed atmosphere and friendly nature of everyone. I met up with several old friends and made several new ones

I struggle to think of any way it could have been better, which coming from a moaning old git like me is really saying something.:D

Thanks again Bakerman.

Sid

first time at the hograost for my wife and i, had a great weekend, £100 for the weekends camping, food, bands,met new friends, reasonable price, steptoes rideout was worth that much!! see you next year.

Mr Bakerman, you will never make everyone happy so don't bother trying. Thank's for a great (reasonably priced) weekend and all the good work for charity :thumb2

I had a great time (first BMW meet really).

Got there and set up on good level ground. I was next to Clive (what a nice chap..:))

Soon got chatting to a few others and then headed for the bar.....soon chatting to anyone who could still understand me...:beerjug:

Went out with the road ride on the Saturday, good fun and even the HOG owners pretended they didn't know Phil (but we know the truth..:ymca )

Met some of the 'names' Fanum, Pink, BTBR, Bakerman Romeo (hope you're leg's better), Motorhead, Pumpy etc, etc, etc.

Saturday night got twatted again, but this time I seemed to have a LOT more company....:clap

Decided that bed was a wise move when Steptoe, Woody and co thought they'd show us their dance moves..:eek:

Headed off on the Sunday morning (did'nt get the lad from Derby's name that rode back up North with me..:rolleyes: ) but had a great ride home, took all the back roads fom just north of Oxford because of the F1. Some great little roads around there..thumb2

Hope the event raised some much needed money and I'll be back again...in fact I'll make as many of thses events as I can from now on.

Well done guys.

Back
Top Bottom