Cambrian Rally 2007 who's entered? Advice wanted

You have to bring you own fuel. With a GS, you can probably do the first day on a tank full, and then just ride to get some more in the evening. Or bring a jerry can. If you run low, there'll probably be someone you could scrounge some from :)

Entry accepted, will be on my 400EXC, ability rating is either 7 or 8 (can't remember).

I'm using a 13 litre MXC tank, I guess I'll still need to refuel before the end of 3 laps? Do the organisers take your fuel cans out to the refueling point for you?

Can anyone confirm/clarify the following:

Your overall position at the end of the event is based on your times through the timed special stage?

The special stage on Sunday is different to Saturday's?

The first attempt at thye special stage on each day is untimed & is really a sighting lap to familiarise yourself?

Assuming you finish all the laps, all your timed stages are added up together to calculate an overall time or are they averaged out?

Thanks

Steve

Entry accepted, will be on my 400EXC, ability rating is either 7 or 8 (can't remember).

I'm using a 13 litre MXC tank, I guess I'll still need to refuel before the end of 3 laps? Do the organisers take your fuel cans out to the refueling point for you?

Last year, the refueling point was at the start/finish area where there was parking for vans/trailers. The final instructions will confirm arrangements.

Can anyone confirm/clarify the following:

Your overall position at the end of the event is based on your times through the timed special stage?

Yes

The special stage on Sunday is different to Saturday's?

It's the same stages (the whole course in fact), but run in the opposite direction to Saturday.

The first attempt at thye special stage on each day is untimed & is really a sighting lap to familiarise yourself?

Yes

Assuming you finish all the laps, all your timed stages are added up together to calculate an overall time or are they averaged out?

Yes, added together for an overall time. The results sheet will list your times for each stage as well as the total.

Thanks

Steve

See my responses above, based on what's happened the last couple of years.

Tyres

Hi all,

Read a few posts asking about choice of TYRES so a quick note to you all :

The scrutineering of the bikes is very strict regarding tyres. Check the Regs. for the wording and if in doubt ask the organisers.

Tyres must be 'E' marked and have a speed rating shown, tyres marked "not for Highway Use" (even if this is for US Market) will not be allowed, 'road-legal' Motocross tyres (Mich. AC10's etc.) specifically not allowed.

If in doubt, fit FIM approved Enduro tyres or Trail tyres. ( the event is entirely suitable for trail tyres such as MT21's etc - in fact they are better on the gravel fire-roads which make up the bulk of this event)

You do not want to turn up and be told you cannot ride!!!

I'll get off my soap box now.

Cheers, Helpful Rick.

Apart from tyres, is there anything else that needs to be carried to pass scrutineering? I'm assuming that if the bike's up to MOT standard, has event legal tyres, indicators removed & everything works as it should, then it will pass?

does any one know about TRELLEBORG TYRES

are these allowed at the cambrian.

was going to go for T913 super enduro rear

T914 maxi grip front.

cheers,kyle

I've got Trelleborgs on my EXC.

They are fully road legal but much better grip than FIM enduro tyres.

I'd love to have a go at the Cambrian myself.

I'm even on leave this year when it occurs but I don't have any way of getting my bike to the event,apart from riding it,which would bugger the tyres before I even started !

Apart from tyres, is there anything else that needs to be carried to pass scrutineering? I'm assuming that if the bike's up to MOT standard, has event legal tyres, indicators removed & everything works as it should, then it will pass?

mmmm. nobody has mentioned removing indicators, can anyone clarify this?? I got my entry back today and spaoke to Mandy who is doing all the entries and apparently the fuel has to be stored in the refueling area which is near the start finish.

I also asked about what boots to wear as I struggle with MotoCross boots as they are to small in the calf and aparently they don't check footwear so its up to yourselves to protect yourself, (They do check hats though!).

See you all down there

AndyT:thumb

the regs for trail bikes as follows re indicators

3.Trail bikes must be fitted with pillion footrests and inicators.

end quote.

I think you will find that if your indicators are not fitted (as with rear footrests) you will be entered into the sports class. I asked because my WR has no rear footrest hangers though it does have indicators!!!

Fred:thumb2

kyle - the T913 super enduro rear and T914 maxi grip front are fine.

Each day is a number of laps of a course - this year it will run the same way each day but will have some significantly different loops on each day.

You will pass through the start / finish area at the end of each lap and you can refuel your bike and body there - you can go back to your car/van/whatever to refuel and there will be a burger van there - you will be given a voucher for a burger/hot dog/whatever & drink each day (it's included in the entry fee). We can't take your fuel cans to the start area, we've been "told off" for doing it in the past, something about a van & trailer with about 1000 litres of fuel being a fire hazard :augie

Helmets are checked but no other clothing - they're your legs, feet and other body parts and if you can't be bothered to look after them why should we be :eek: :augie

We don't check Tax discs, it's your responsibility to have a road-legal bike ;)

You don't have to be in a team, most are not, the extra £5 is just to pay towards a team award and only those in with a chance i.e. Teams, have to pay it.

If your bike doesn't qualify as a Trail Bike it's just changed to being a Sports Bike, it's only if it then doesn't qualify as a Sports Bike that we don't allow it in the event. To not qualify as a Sports Bike someone would have had to completely ignore all the entry requirements and rules and be a complete :ymca :tears - and it's usually by coming with motocross tyres :spitfire

The special stages will be the same each day and only the first run through them will not be timed. The times for the special stages are added together for the finishing positions.

There's no "buffet" on the Saturday night this year, we've had to throw away most of the food for the last two years so this year everyone will get a burger van voucher instead, but we (the organisers) will still be in the Castle Hotel bar for most of the Friday & Saturday nights :beerjug:

Hope I answered most queries, any more questions just ask.

I'm even on leave this year when it occurs but I don't have any way of getting my bike to the event,apart from riding it,which would bugger the tyres before I even started !

Ever heard of bike trailers ... useful things you know, I'm sure you could russle one up from somewhere.

Soooo, no motocross tyres..... hmmmmmm:augie...............:D

Thanks for the info Bob, now if you could make time pass faster I'd really appreciate it.:bounce1:D

The main things that they usually check at scrutineering are wheel bearings, spokes, suspension, tyres (as discussed at some length!), brakes and exhaust (not too loud).

The main things that they usually check at scrutineering are wheel bearings, spokes, suspension, tyres (as discussed at some length!), brakes and exhaust (not too loud).

Thanks, 400 EXC recently MOT'd, standard exhaust & new Michelin Comp 3's with Mousses fitted.

Got a broken indicator, courtesy of a trip to the local MX track, am I better of removing them all or replacing the broken one? How does this affect the class I compete in?

Possu - leave the broken indicator on until after the rally, that way you won't break a new indicator :D The scrutineers won't mind a broken indicator.

iv been on that rally last year, it can be a bit muddy in places but not that bad, if its not had a lot of rain. if you are a fair rider it will be fine. if i had a HP2 i would go and im 5 foot 6 fat and unfit. i finish in the top 60 last year on a 400ccm

Back
Top Bottom