A Great Weekend (And Some Photies From It)

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

A big, big thanks to the Royal Couple, Johnny and Tash for hosting a totally brilliant weekend at Stein, Oonyakistan. Top location, top company and top fun. It really doesn't get much better...

The Isle of Skye is a really lovely part of the world and the locals couldn't have been friendlier. Now to let my liver recover. :beer:

Here are a few photos from my weekend.

The ride up to the event was a beaut. This is heading north for the Glenelg ferry and a fag break for G.C.. Nice spot :thumb2

183085087-L.jpg

The view of Stein village with the Inn and campsite on the foreshore. What a location...

183085446-L.jpg

Here's Tuned In relaxing and shaking off a fuzzy heid from Friday's ceilidh. Like last year, he was glad of the en suite facilities that the campsite provided.

183085493-L.jpg

A Tossers' Team was entered for the Tug O' War at the Stein Gala on Saturday. We got beaten 2-1 by a local team who included an 80 year old man. Shapeshifter looks to be confusing Tug O' War with Formation Water Skiing. No wonder we got beat!

183085531-L.jpg

The Saturday Night Charity Ceilidh was a magical night out. Bring your own drink (or in this case, everyone send Tash into Portree for it :thumb2) Top entertainment all night and raising money for a good cause. Can't be bad.

183085620-L.jpg

Here's Whatton and Mrs Ronno (in matching outfits) getting their Heedrum Hoes mixed up with their Heedrum Hays.

183085703-L-1.jpg

HRH having a well earned dram. He didnae look as fresh faced as this later on. Mind you, who did? Strong drink was taken.

183085759-L.jpg

The view from outside the village hall just as the heavens opened up on Saturday night

183085594-L-1.jpg

We set off fairly early for the run home on Sunday. It was torrential rain for the first 20 miles or so but then the Gods were kinder.

The obligitory photo stop at Eilean Donan Castle

183085825-L.jpg

It was good to see some weel kent faces and meet some who will be weel kent at the next event.

:beerjug:

Many thanks for a great weekend from Ronnie and Christine

:clap:clap:clap

Great pics Ronno. :thumb2 Glad you and Christine got back safe and not too soaked!
The place now seems very empty without everyone!:( We've already started talking about next year..:eek::D

some photos.....

Beautiful Place that Skye!

Attachments

• DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 627
  • DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 645
some more....

The pics dont do justice to a fantastic night! (Rushy's will be better:clap) - I'm a bit concerned about the last one!!

Attachments

• DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 610
  • DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 594
  • DSCF0015.jpg
    DSCF0015.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 611
  • DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 739
As the others have said, top weekend.
I haven’t laughed so much in ages.
Strong bench
183039637-M.jpg

A warm welcome
183041147-M.jpg

The weather had us running for cover
183042206-M.jpg

183043202-M.jpg

183047392-M.jpg

Dangerous combination !
183036633-M-1.jpg

The DJ said "hands up if you want a drink.
183031860-M.jpg

One for Cookson, we stopped for a fish supper on the way home.
183038161-M.jpg

Thanks to all, but specially Johnny and Tash :hug:hug

Some great pics in here, the bar seems to be getting higher each week :eek:

Once again ... Thanks to Johnny and Tash, what a great event, looking forward to next year already :beerjug:

Well I can only echo the comments made so far about the quality of the weekend, for us it started early Thursday morning with Ms Cheeks receiving the obligatory cup of tea in bed at an 4.35 am before heading for Larne to catch the ferry to Troon.

Being her first trip after passing her test we heading North with plenty of stops to enjoy the scenery arriving at Castle Oonyak for some of Tash's excellent Spag Bol in the evening.

DSCN0930.jpg

Friday evening started quietly enough but as the night progressed the volume got louder!

DSCN0932.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

At the end of the night we headed back to the B&B with a merry Shapeshifter who had been celebrating yet another successful raffle.

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

Great craic, great company and a great location, many thanks to all involved. :thumb

A wee photo contribution ...

Took the Dunoon ferry from Gourock on Thursday . What a cracking day for it ...
IMG_0127.jpg

Then to Portavadie via Tighnabruaich ...
IMG_0133.jpg

You are here ...
IMG_0132.jpg

Then on to Fort William, a great meal, a wee bevvy and some good laughs with the guys at GCs pub / bunkhouse.

On Friday, it was over to Skye via Ratagan ...
IMG_0142.jpg
where the weather got all Highland and I got a soaking and a good few midge bites.

On to the Kylerhea ferry where I bumped into Voyager / Bob ...
IMG_0145.jpg

The entertainment started with Bob putting up his daughter's tent. (Next time go to T in the Park with her Bob - get a tutorial!)

IMG_0146.jpg

Others arrived and the Tossers flocked to see who might skite onto their arses on the wet grass. Sympathetic bunch eh!

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

The Ceilidh that night was simply staggering! Yours truly wandered home while still conscious - just! Sorry about the snoring again Mike. Next year you'll ken where not to pitch your tent!

Next day, I had to leave early due to a pal's anniversary (oh no, not more swallie!)

But stopped long enough to see Bob / Voyager's pump in action ....

Arise Sir Guzzi!

IMG_0153.jpg

Took the scenic road via Strontian and the Corran Ferry. Pish weather. For the benefit of the Sassenachs, this an A road in the western Highlands ...

IMG_0155.jpg

Got home around 7pm after a couple of stops for coffee etc.

Great weekend. Thanks again to Johnny and Tash and Tash's mum for the hospitality. See you next year.

Hello everyone. Most of my photos were blurred, nothing to do with the Vodka:confused:
Managed to get this one..couple of posers!:rolleyes:

1106040011_3e669dabaf.jpg

Not too bad thanks Ronno. It was all that break dancing that did the damage!

Thanks to Johnny and Tash for a fantastic weekend .
Wonderfull warm welcome .Great food and entertainment.:clap
Nice to meet some new Tossers hope you all got home safely:thumb2
And the best camping Coo field Fantastic...

Attachments

• skye.jpg
    skye.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 410
Big thanks to tuned for letting us fly our flag...

Attachments

• Skye 3.jpg
    Skye 3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 413
It did'nt last long Johnny got his shotgun out and tuned wiped his arse on it...

Attachments

• Skye4.jpg
    Skye4.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 400
Great pics everyone didn't take any at the weekend myself :eek:

A Few More Skye Pics

From on board the Glenelg ferry

183214489-L.jpg

Carbost, where the Talisker Distillery is based

183085413-L.jpg

Looking out towards the Utter Hebrides (I think) from Waternish

183085582-L-1.jpg

Sunset on the foreshore at the Stein Inn

183085135-L.jpg

View from Castle Oonyack (imagine waking up to this every morning...)

183214641-L.jpg

Looks like a warm welcome awaits in the Stein Inn

183214860-L.jpg

The road out of Waternish towards Carbost. When I switched my engine off to take this photo, all you could hear was... nothing.

183215419-L.jpg

Storm clouds gathering at Stein

183085258-L.jpg

Eilean Donan castle (again :D)

183217099-L-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom