Hot Airheads - Your PHOTOS please

This has been posted before.......

thebox2s.gif

I book-marked it and sometimes go back and read the story when I'm dreaming of a lottery win.

http://www.teamincomplete.com/Boxer/boxerhome.html

Special Airheads

Here's my latest toy, I bought in from Mick Bingham ( mickbd1) ,she's a lovely R80GS ,nice and scruffy and well loved and used ( abused!!) . Please feel free to take the piss out of the fence etc as it is Mick's not mine!!

I've obtained the heads,barrels and pistons from a Herbert Scheck built 80's Dakar bike ....this one in fact. This is now over 1000cc and goes like stink,so the 800cc bits were no longer required. Should I just fit the engine bits, or go the whole hog and change the forks,rear shock and go for a lary paint job.My winter project. Whaddya rekon guys, just a tweak or the full monty.?:thumb

Marcus.

Attachments

• New toy.jpg
    New toy.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 6,711
  • Airhead bling 002.jpg
    Airhead bling 002.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 6,668
  • Airhead bling 005.jpg
    Airhead bling 005.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 6,591
  • BMW landing.jpg
    BMW landing.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 6,643
Some of the parts used on these bikes are very popular and appear again and again:

One of the common mods is the Q Tech rear sub frame and seat unit - Q Tech are here http://www.q-tech.de/

GSHeck4_HiRechts.jpg

Another one using the same subframe

Now thats really well suited to the basic, im wondering on how much that conversion might be.
steve

Now thats really well suited to the basic, im wondering on how much that conversion might be.

I think this is it:
790.00.0 Rahmenheck wie Art. 790.00, jedoch ohne Schalldämpfer. 890 EUR

Rahmenheck = subframe.
So I hope that price includes the plastics & seat & ...

Cheers,
Michel

Nearly Finished

It's took a while :augie
But the latest project is nearly finished
Once i get it sorted i wonder how it will compare :handbag

hp-twoLarge.jpg

Engine wise no chance....67 hp r100 unit :thedummy

hp1-1Large.jpg

Suspension wise it's got a chance
Wilbers rear and white power 50mm extreme forks
1100 swing arm :thumb
It should stop aswell :eek:

hp-3Large.jpg

It will no doubt be a lot less fragile :rolleyes:

hp-4Large.jpg

It's got a small amount of electronics

hp-clLarge.jpg

I should be able to see where i am going in the dark too
Just a few more jobs to do including painting the tank
Can't wait to try her out :D

hp-2Large.jpg

Well done sir,bike looks fantastic.What was the process of fitting the 1100 final drive,looks very neat.

1100 swing arm :thumb
It should stop aswell :eek:

hp-3Large.jpg

Looks fantastic!! how difficult is it to fit the 1100 swingarm? i have a stock 80g/s and was thinking about doing more or less what you have.

Rob.

Nice link I missed that on ADV rider, not sure about the tank looks as though it sits ' high '.

Sometime after christmas would you call me one evening on 01942 601931, I think you know I have a number of airheads which I haven't used for a couple of years .
I have an idea that may appeal to you .

Merry Christmas Bomber

Rob.

Nice link I missed that on ADV rider, not sure about the tank looks as though it sits ' high '.

Sometime after christmas would you call me one evening on 01942 601931, I think you know I have a number of airheads which I haven't used for a couple of years .
I have an idea that may appeal to you .

Merry Christmas Bomber

Hi Bomber. Have a good one. I'll speak to you after christmas :thumb2

Rob, I found the bike on Ad Rider, the guys ' blue ' bike is listed on Ebay.
He seems to be setting up a business converting airheads into cafe racers and selling kits.
Bomber

Back
Top Bottom