Hot Airheads - Your PHOTOS please

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The nights are drawing in and it's getting to that time of year when we start to think about winter projects. Maybe rebuilding/modifying an existing bike, buying in a restoration or even building from scratch. So I thought we would have a new "Sticky" to show some inspirational bikes and perhaps give a run down of some of the parts used. Bikes don't have to be your own, maybe something you have taken a picture of or found on another site.

I'll start with these lovely bikes taken from Motoren Israel http://www.motoren-israel.com/

Attachments

• Moto Israel.JPG
    Moto Israel.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 13,333
Some of the parts used on these bikes are very popular and appear again and again:

One of the common mods is the Q Tech rear sub frame and seat unit - Q Tech are here http://www.q-tech.de/

GSHeck4_HiRechts.jpg

Another one using the same subframe

Attachments

• HPN GS.jpg
    HPN GS.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 12,934
Cool!

Mr Moderator sir, are we allowed some road bike projects? :green gri I've always liked a bit of cafe racer....

122_2242_IMG.jpg

Cafe Racers..mmm! We'll have to see if I get my legs slapped with a ruler. But untill I do then...I like this one :cool:

Late model R100R or Mystic, GS collector box, Twin shock sport seat and 'S' fairing. The under seat exhaust is a nice touch.

2.jpg

Gary,

Can you give us a run down on some of the bits please?

Is that a Q tech rear sub frame and what are the forks off?

I know the swinging arms from an 1100 and there's loads of one offs on it. The tanks an Acerbis and fairings a genuine HPN.

Here's one that I really like :bow

Attachments

• izny_05_16.jpg
    izny_05_16.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 12,523
I think this is a great thread , so has not to be like other forums I think what we also need is also a list of suppliers of trick parts for Cafe Racers and Off Road specials , not just pictures .
Keep em coming !

Bomber

Here, here!
Please don't delete it. I'm sure eventually more people will add to this (me included when I get the damn thing finished!). I personally love to look at one offs to see what others have done etc. (a lot more than I like to look at yet another standard bike. Not that there's anything wrong with a standard bike of course, before I get shot down, just a personnal preference!).

Is this thread a dead duck guys. Should I delete it?

I think it's a great thread :clap

This is one of my favorite hot air heads and an inspiration for my very own G/S special which is slowly progressing :thumb2
GStt-seat.jpg

Dan

I'll take some pics of my latest toy, MickDB1's old airhead,at the weekend along with some ex Dakar bling I've got hold of for it.It's going to be my winter project.:clap

Interesting site for Cafe Parts

Not sure if many people know of this site www.motorne.com
Click on menu on left for B*W parts, anybody got any other good sites for cafe parts ?

Bomber

Back
Top Bottom