Gathering of the Clans 2008

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

There can be only one gathering...

GATHERING OF THE CLANS 2008

148066945-L-1.jpg

The UKGSer Gathering of the Clans 2008 event will be held over the weekend of Friday 20th and Saturday 21st June, 2008 at the Glen Clova Hotel, Angus.

Glen Clova Hotel

I've booked the entire hotel and Bunkhouse for the weekend which means that there are 8 x hotel rooms and 30 x bunkhouse beds available for Tossers. Availability is fairly restricted due to the limited bedspaces in this small complex.

I'm sure that anyone who attended the Gathering of the Clans 2007 will agree that the hotel and location are both first class and worthy of our return. The meals are also excellent and good value for money.

Bookings can only be made through me and will be on a first come/first served basis.
The only exceptions being rooms/bunks already reserved for a few guys whom I've enlisted to help organise the event.

Please do NOT phone the hotel for bookings.
Everything is booked in my name and the staff will not accept any other booking for these particular dates. Please post your booking request on this thread.

Prices are £40 pppn for a hotel room (bed and breakfast) and £11 pppn for a bunkhouse bed. Breakfast for "Bunkers" are around £7.50 (over and above the price of the B/H bed!)

There will also be camping in an nearby field with it's own toilet facilities. Camping is £6.50 pppn. A slight increase over last year but the camping fees are the only part of the accomodation prices that come to me and not the hotel. Last year, the camping fees did not cover the hire of the toilets.

Now the part that I regret asking for: In booking the hotel complex, I've had to pay a substantial deposit (10% of the total price) amounting to a good few quid and I'd prefer not to be out of pocket for this amount until next June. Happy campers do not require to pay any deposit just now. They can pay me in full at the event.

Could anyone booking a hotel room or Bunkhouse bed please pay me their 10% deposit within say 3 weeks of their booking and that way, they can deal directly with the Glen Clova Hotel in respect of the outstanding payment (obviously 90% of the total price) on the weekend of the event.

This also prevents me from greeting arriving Tossers with a clipboard asking for money and ticking names off :rolleyes: It will also hopefully prevent me from chasing people up looking for money on the Sunday morning.

Hopefully, GOTC 2008 will be as successful as the first one was and we may even be blessed with better weather! It can't be any worse anyway...

There will again be road runs on the Saturday and I'll do my very best to try and organise at least some kind of off road route. In all likelihood, it'll be the same route for the road run in 2008. No one saw anything last year thanks to the rain and fog.

We're hopefull of having another Whisky Tasting (Blowzorn, are you reading this?) as last year's one proved really popular.

I'm looking forward to the 2008 Gathering already.

We hope to see you there for a dram or two (or three).

Slainte
Ronno

ACHTUNG

There is a seperate thread

Here

showing the list of booked attendees.

To try and keep this thread relatively tidy and keep important information easily accessible, I'm going to delete "booking " messages etc from here once the Runners and Riders thread has been updated.

Ronno

As at 21st January, 2008,

there are only camping spaces left.

The Hotel and Bunkhouse are both fully booked.

Riding from Portugal

Hi guys

I 'm planning on a GS ride from Portugal to Loch Ness, with my wife, next June, when i bumped with this event on the same dates.

beeing pretty much ignorant about it, i ask you some more infos about it.

Cheers

MAC (aka "Naza") from Portugal

Well Folks you are passing my door on the way up (and on the way back) so feel free to look in If I am in.

I live at the foot of the Glen in Kirriemuir.

Saturday would be best.

If somebody wants to PM me for directions I will oblige.

Hope the snow is away by then

Was wondering if any tosser that lives close enough. i.e. Fife could just pop up for the day? And say hello, still quite new and would be good way to meet some of you guys.

:eek:onyack

Was wondering if any tosser that lives close enough. i.e. Fife could just pop up for the day? And say hello, still quite new and would be good way to meet some of you guys.

:eek:onyack

No problem at all, mate. A few folk came for the day last year purely for the Ride Out. (and it pished doon!)

Better still, bring yer tent :thumb2 You won't be "new" for long :beerjug: We're a friendly bunch of tossers :D

Either way, it'll be good to meet you :beerjug:

PS Whereaboots in Fife are you, Sir?

Hi guys

I 'm planning on a GS ride from Portugal to Loch Ness, with my wife, next June, when i bumped with this event on the same dates.

beeing pretty much ignorant about it, i ask you some more infos about it.

Cheers

MAC (aka "Naza") from Portugal

Hi Naza,

Are you and your wife camping in Scotland? If so, why don't you join us at Glen Clova?

What would you like to know about the event?

Ronno :beerjug:

Well Folks you are passing my door on the way up (and on the way back) so feel free to look in If I am in.

I live at the foot of the Glen in Kirriemuir.

Saturday would be best.

If somebody wants to PM me for directions I will oblige.

Hope the snow is away by then

Hi Derek, Careful you don't get dozens of Tossers on your doorstep :D

Why don't you nip up for the Ride Out or for a pint or better still, bring yer tent the 5 miles and join us? :beerjug:

Hi Derek, Careful you don't get dozens of Tossers on your doorstep :D

Why don't you nip up for the Ride Out or for a pint or better still, bring yer tent the 5 miles and join us? :beerjug:

Get the picture:thumb

Probably take a run up the Glen instead and meet up with you.:beerjug:

camping full

have just joined and noticed gathering is full. I am on clova hall committee,the hall is let out sometimes if theres any interest in extra accomodation let me know.toilets,kitchen,comfy wooden floor!

Nice one Doyle, Ronnie will be along soon and get in touch with ye
welcome aboard :thumb

If ye pay the £12 in the subscription bit top left on the banner we'll be able tae send ye private messages rather than putting details up on the site yi'll also open up other parts of the site :thumb

my email is oonyack@skye-windscreens.co.uk if ye want tae forward a mobile no

Cheers
Johnny

have just joined and noticed gathering is full. I am on clova hall committee,the hall is let out sometimes if theres any interest in extra accomodation let me know.toilets,kitchen,comfy wooden floor!

Hi Doyle, Welcome to UKGSer :beerjug:

The GOTC isn't fully booked. Just the hotel and Bunkhoose. There are still a guid few camping places left. The hall would be a great "back up" if we get a weekend like last year :eek: It pished doon for two days!

Hope to see you there, mate :thumb2

You can email me at ronniekimmel@btinternet.com and leave some contact details until you can use PM facilities on here :beerjug:

Hi All,
Seeing as there are no hotel places left I guess we will be attending the camping department (assuming there are pitches available), I take it that formal dress and clean underpants is expected.:augie

Cliff & Brenda Grant:rob

Hi All,
Seeing as there are no hotel places left I guess we will be attending the camping department (assuming there are pitches available), I take it that formal dress and clean underpants is expected.:augie

Cliff & Brenda Grant:rob

I'll stick you down for a pitch, Cliff :beerjug:

Ronno

Afraid I won't make it for camping on Friday as we are having an end of course celebration night out then. So that's a pitch up for grabs then.

Still plan on making it up early Saturday again for the Ride Outs.

Cheers Iain

Ronno

Afraid I won't make it for camping on Friday as we are having an end of course celebration night out then. So that's a pitch up for grabs then.

Still plan on making it up early Saturday again for the Ride Outs.

Cheers Iain

Duly amended :thumb2 Will you be wantin' to camp on the Saturday?

I haven't forgotten I owe you £17, I have run out of cheques and not got a new book.
I'll get to to you somehow before the event.

Back
Top Bottom