Advanced Training - SwiftlySorted - any views?

you're right there.
Tyre threads ALWAYS go the same way too.

So has anyone done either RoSPA or IAM standard offerings AND the swiftlysorted course who can comment on the "extra".

I've done the IAM Standard "observed" training and will be doing some extra "tuition" training with Simon of Ride-Smart (as recommended above) a week on Sunday... will post here my observations of the differences... hope I get my money's worth :thumb

you're right there.
Tyre threads ALWAYS go the same way too.

So has anyone done either RoSPA or IAM standard offerings AND the swiftlysorted course who can comment on the "extra".

I have done the IAM and RoSPA. I did extra with Mike Waite - the guy that SwiftlySorted emulates.

What you gain is intensive one-to-one tuition over a number of days.

Because you'll be riding 200+ miles a day, you cram in an awful lot.

If this will be your 1st experience of advanced training, I suspect that you'll go into brain-overload long before the day is over.

Many riders I train for RoSPA find that doing 100 mile rides taxes them.

You'd be surprised how many riders don't cover large mileages, or are incapable of maintaining concentration for 6 hours or so.

Depending where you're coming from, I'd think it might be best to take it slowly. Nothing would be worse than shelling out for 3 days and finding that you're brain-dead by lunchtime on day 1.

I have done the IAM and RoSPA. I did extra with Mike Waite - the guy that SwiftlySorted emulates.

What you gain is intensive one-to-one tuition over a number of days.

Because you'll be riding 200+ miles a day, you cram in an awful lot.

If this will be your 1st experience of advanced training, I suspect that you'll go into brain-overload long before the day is over.

Many riders I train for RoSPA find that doing 100 mile rides taxes them.

You'd be surprised how many riders don't cover large mileages, or are incapable of maintaining concentration for 6 hours or so.

Depending where you're coming from, I'd think it might be best to take it slowly. Nothing would be worse than shelling out for 3 days and finding that you're brain-dead by lunchtime on day 1.

I've just booked one day for now, which includes an assessment so I can have all my bad habits identified. Expect (and want) it to be intense. We'll see how much is "new" and how much is "re-enforcement" on top of the IAM advanced stuff I've already done... watch this space :thumb

Paul

Swiftly sorted advanced rider training

Hi (i'm a newbie / first post)

I completed the "swiftly sorted" 3 day intensive course in august '07.
I found it to be a great eye opener after riding for 2 years since passing a das course.
My reason for doing the course was to develop further skills & not be left wondering how i got home after a ride, or trying to copy my mates into accidents. i did not do it for the certificate.
Hearsay about many of the named organisations having a stigma attached to them for being too focused on certain aspects of advanced riding or slightly up there own ar*e made me choose swiftly sorted.
It helped me with road positioning, cornering, hazard perception & overtakes.
I plan to take another day course this year to develop further.
In my opinon, i found the course met my needs. NAB. :clap

Swiftly Sorted

Anyone got the swiftlysorted contact details?

Also, anyone know of any advanced riders / IAM groups that ride Bikes around Colne / Burnley / Skipton BB8 ??

Anyone got the swiftlysorted contact details?

now under the website - www.sortedride.com <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = SKYPE /><SKYPE:SPAN onmouseup="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'0',true,16,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class=skype_tb_injection oncontextmenu="javascript:skype_tb_SwitchDrop(this,'0','sms=0');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmousedown="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,2,'0',true,16,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id=softomate_highlight_0 onmouseover="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'0',true,16,'');" title="Call this phone number in United Kingdom with Skype: +441270624393" onclick="javascript:doRunCMD('call','0',null,0);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,0,'0',true,16,'');" durex="499" context="(01270) 624393"><SKYPE:SPAN onmouseup="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',1,1,16);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class=skype_tb_imgA onmousedown="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',2,1,16);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id=skype_tb_droppart_0 onmouseover="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',1,1,16);" title="Change country code ..." style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\PAULMA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\inactive_a.compat.flex.w16.gif)" onclick="javascript:doHandleChdial(this,1,'0',1);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',0,1,16);"><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgFlag id=skype_tb_img_f0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\PAULMA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\famfamfam/GB.gif)"></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgS id=skype_tb_img_s0></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_injectionIn id=skype_tb_text0><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_innerText id=skype_tb_innerText0>(01270) 624393</SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgR id=skype_tb_img_r0></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN>, terry.

hope this helps. :thumb

This is different to the traditional method of teaching, a process called pedagogy, which involves the tutor instructing the learners as in traditional teaching of children & adolescents.
Pedagogy model suggests:
the teacher dominates learning;
teacher does most of the talking;
teacher dictates pace of learning;
essaytyper.pro
students are rather passive.
Continuous commentary (instruction) is modelled on pedagogy. The instructor is dominating the learning & it is not really required with adults. It may be useful for a very short periods of time but should very quickly become redundant & as the learner becomes more proficient should not be required at all.

So an effective teacher an tutor must mean that he/she is good at teaching to the test in which case the teacher is worthless, because we know all too well about standardize testing.

Welcome, James. You are asking for comments on a post from 07/08. Most of the posts are from guys who have not posted on UKGSer for years.??

Back
Top Bottom