Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the North West

My carer, FatAl of this parish took me out for a days rehabilitation today to The Ship Inn, Burscough nr Ormskirk, West Lancs.
Great lunchtime food and beer (Wainwright's Gold) in pleasant surroundings adjacent to the Leeds/Liverpool Canal.
Recommended.

Attachments

• IMG_20230602_133816877_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230602_133816877_HDR~2.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hey Stu, nice to see Al looking after you so well. What score does the fish get on the North West Best Batter Scale :jibberbig See your partner in crime has gone for the healthy option. :clap

Hey Stu, nice to see Al looking after you so well. What score does the fish get on the North West Best Batter Scale :jibberbig See your partner in crime has gone for the healthy option. :clap

Hi Paul, the boy done good. He's looking after me and in training for his newly ordered Guzzi V85TT.at the same time.😎
I'd say about 8/10 for the fish and chips, and 10/10 for Al's healthy option.🍔
Oh, and 11/10 for the beer.🍺👍

Last edited:
Looking at Sven's post (#2 on this thread) he mentions the cafe in SLAIDBURN. Well the other end of the Salter Fell trail (14km off-road route) is a little village called Hornby.

The Hornby Tea Room does one of the best Scones ever. Lovely with clotted cream and jam, made on the premises I believe.

So next time you meet up for a ride over Salter Fell, meet at Hornby or Slaidburn, and ride between the two cafe's having coffee and food in both. One of the waitresses in Hornby's a bit kind on the eye ;)

Map of the trail:
hornby to slaidburn.jpg

Hornby is a stop-off for us when we get off the boat at Heysham heading for the Dales. Nice soup at lunchtime as well (y)

Copied from wossisnames thread about a Liverpool to the Dales route.

"From Slaidburn head towards Settle, find a tiny village called Fiezor (it’s just off the A65) not far fro Settle.
You will find Elaine’s tea room. She does the best breakfast ever."

Popped into the Tea room at Hornby on Tuesday for the first time. Had their Hornby Pasty and Peas it was right tasty, good food and very friendly service what more could you want, I have put it on my regular call in list.

Popped into The Gasket at Appley Bridge on Sunday for my first visit, what a brilliant place. Found a warm welcome, great facilities, really good coffee and food. Its good to see good quality locally run hospitality businesses are not yet dead.

Back
Top Bottom