Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Wales

great idear, please give also good foad
-Chrickhowell the Bear

Newport

(N51 35.615 W2 58.897) If you are going through Newport (cannot thing of any reason to stop :augie :nenau) The Duckpool Cafe on Duckpool Road open from 8am until 2 pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 2 pm Sunday. :thumb
£3.95 for a sausage, two bacon, egg, fried bread, beans or tomatoes, hash brown or chip potatoes (real flat chips, you know the flat round ones), toast or Bread and butter and a cupper tea or coffee. It is A one. This is normally the start to my days ride out as after this I am fit to go until early evening. Although have been known to fit the odd cheese burger in with loads of unions as well during the day. (healthy eating, its the way of the future, so I am told :ronno)

Otherwise South Wales Supper Bikes (N51 34.301 W2 56.674) open until 3pm.
They have a road side cafe outside, food is good and always loads of bikers.

For a quieter option you could try the Glanbran Cafe in Cynghordy on the A483 about 5 miles North East of Llandovery.

Makes a nice halt between Epynt and Abergwesyn.

Might even organise a monthly gathering there in the near future.

Great coffee and cake :thumb2 Nice view outside too! Plus you get the bonus of hearing all the power-rangers coming and going past, cocking up the corners, in the wrong gear and the like. Highly amusing that :D Thank god I put my standard exhaust back on then :augie

grid ref ish n5202.524 w344.219

Going down west?

Try the cafe at Withybush airport Haverfordwest - terminal 1! Good value breakfast.

near bala

Call in at LL23 7LG Caerau Uchaf, best Bikers stop b4 Bala. Great Cafe, amazing views when you can see them. I'm biased, its our open garden signposted off the A494 but its a bit different. Cafe serves Tai Chicken Curry, Bolognaise, Burgers etc. I can send you away cross country when you leave if you like! Done more since you were last here timolgra!

Call in at LL23 7LG Caerau Uchaf, best Bikers stop b4 Bala. Great Cafe, amazing views when you can see them. I'm biased, its our open garden signposted off the A494 but its a bit different. Cafe serves Tai Chicken Curry, Bolognaise, Burgers etc. I can send you away cross country when you leave if you like! Done more since you were last here timolgra!

Toby, are you at the end of the minor road that heads towards Llyn Caer-Euni? What are your opening times? :thumb

Toby, are you at the end of the minor road that heads towards Llyn Caer-Euni? What are your opening times? :thumb
sorry didnt look again. Yes we are where you thought, there are signs to our place now. We are open 10 till 5 but any time really

sorry didnt look again. Yes we are where you thought, there are signs to our place now. We are open 10 till 5 but any time really

Welcome to the site. Would you be interested in becoming a site sponsor?

Thanks, as you can see I'm not very regular checking the site so I doubt I am much use, what is a site sponsor? I've registered to this site 3 times now over the years and it keeps lapsing because I look at it so rarely

Surprised that no one has mentioned Crossgates at the junction of the A483/A44.

There's also a nice cafe in Rhayader right on the junction of the A44 and A470, directly opposite the war memorial. Think it's called Morgan's.

If you have not been there the Dolwyn cafe which is located on the Newtown to Llanidloes road (A470) approximately 12 miles from Newtown and 2 miles from Llanidloes,its on the same plot as a TATA dealership,the food is fantastic,the warm welcome brilliant,i stop there every year going to and from the Dragon rally with a load of mates,have a full Brekky and then some jam sponge and custard,there is always a good choice of cooked dinners too plus the portions are of a good size

Back
Top Bottom