Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Wales

Your not wrong mate.

Over priced, over rated yes.

But full of posers no,

When I'm off I spend probably a minimum of 2 afternoons a week chatting shit there with others.

I would say the posers I chat shit with have a 100k average mileage on their bikes.

one fireblade has 165k on it and he has 3 bikes.

What the west end has is location and that you cannot beat,

Also there's a shop over the road:thumby:

Surprised that no one has mentioned Crossgates at the junction of the A483/A44.

There's also a nice cafe in Rhayader right on the junction of the A44 and A470, directly opposite the war memorial. Think it's called Morgan's.

Just to reiterate, these two are still nice places to visit. I have visited both in the last month.

The Rhayader one is called Ty Morgans to be precise. This one gets very busy on Sunday lunchtimes as they do a carvery.

Normans Cafe on the downs is to close for good from the end of september....:(

planning in for a two bed cottage conversion...

Steel Horse Cafe Abergavenny

Great food and drinks good place to meet other bikers.
Abergavenny to Raglan old road NP7 9AY

Hi

+1 for theSteel Horse Cafe Abergavenny, even better when the waitress wears her stockings and suspenders (and I'm not joking):thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Regards Jessydog

Owls Nest Tea Room and Diner. Better than the other Llandovery offering by far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No vista,Full of bus biking anoraks and the proprietor takes pictures and puts them on facebook without asking and dont wash his hands after sitting outside smoking and then serving drinks and food.
look carefully!

No vista,Full of bus biking anoraks and the proprietor takes pictures and puts them on facebook without asking and dont wash his hands after sitting outside smoking and then serving drinks and food.
look carefully![/

Horses for courses old chap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought my trip advisor comments might have been an abnormal one-off for Pebble Cafe, Newgale. But it wasn't. This place is terrible. Worse food than a WSB Round at Donnington and more expensive too. And you get to sit next to the bogs.

38% Recommend
Excellent 3 Very good 2 Average1 Poor1 Terrible7

new cafe

just taken over the Croes Y Ceiliog Inn, B & B and Café (formally known as the Poacher's Pocket). We are open 7 days a week from 8.30 am (9 am at weekends) till 5pm we would love to see some fellow tossers call for a cuppa. We are in Llanwrda just off the A40 between Llandeilo and Llandovery just off the Lampeter junction. Great roads in the area, near the Black Mountains on the edge of the Brecon Beacons. Oh aye and a good breakfast is served with a warm welcome to all
cheers Mike and Teresa

just taken over the Croes Y Ceiliog Inn, B & B and Café (formally known as the Poacher's Pocket). We are open 7 days a week from 8.30 am (9 am at weekends) till 5pm we would love to see some fellow tossers call for a cuppa. We are in Llanwrda just off the A40 between Llandeilo and Llandovery just off the Lampeter junction. Great roads in the area, near the Black Mountains on the edge of the Brecon Beacons. Oh aye and a good breakfast is served with a warm welcome to all
cheers Mike and Teresa

The web-site says the cafe is closed for refurb?

cheers Mike and Teresa

Stopped by today (okay i was in the car) open for business and doing some nice nosh too. Big slab of carrot cake (one of my 5 a day) and coffee. The guy opposite had a full brekkie only wimping out on the black pud.

From the conversation they have B&B and it'd make a great base for a long weekend or mid-week base, near enough to the Brecon Beacons and the Gower... or pop up the back roads, all twisty and scenic to Talley Abbey or the Gold Mine then on to the West Coast.

Chuffed that these guys have got this off the ground and it deserves our support. Good chatters to.

51° 58′ 1.23″ N 3° 52′ 34.41″ W
51.96701 -3.87622

Thanks Lamble for you support I've got problems with the Web at the moment but it's all open 7 days thanks again hope to see you all mike and Teresa

Stopped by today (okay i was in the car) open for business and doing some nice nosh too. Big slab of carrot cake (one of my 5 a day) and coffee. The guy opposite had a full brekkie only wimping out on the black pud.

From the conversation they have B&B and it'd make a great base for a long weekend or mid-week base, near enough to the Brecon Beacons and the Gower... or pop up the back roads, all twisty and scenic to Talley Abbey or the Gold Mine then on to the West Coast.

Chuffed that these guys have got this off the ground and it deserves our support. Good chatters to.

51° 58′ 1.23″ N 3° 52′ 34.41″ W
51.96701 -3.87622

Tried the full breakfast and it was well worth the trip up.

Followed up with desert in Aberaeron :)

Great to have an alternative to usual Llandovery location.

Good luck with your new business,

I'll be back for sure.

thanks

Thanks Paul for the write up, glad you were happy with breakfast, worked hard training the wife. nice to put a face to the name. Had a few more bikers stop by later this afternoon on way back up North

thanks

Quick thanks again internet nightmares, hoping to have it sorted tomorrow, so watch this space :beer:

Fancy somewhere a little different for a coffee and cake or even a bit of lunch cooked by an up and coming young chef? If you happen to be on the Pembrokeshire/Cardiganshire border in Llechryd cross the narrow stone bridge over River Teifi from the A484 Cardigan to Newcastle Emlyn road turn right through a stone gateway and follow the tree lined avenue to Hammet House, a quirky country hotel.

cheers Mike and Teresa

Called in here today for breakfast/brunch. A small clean cafe with plenty of parking to the rear though it is gravelled so bring your side stand puck. Parking on quiet road to the front.

Opted for the full breakfast with the option of beans or toms, bacon, egg, mushrooms, black pudding, sauté tattles and a cuppa. Cooked fresh to order so a bit of a wait, which I think is worth it because you know it's then fresh. Guessing that it was the owner mike that chatted to us as we waited for our food, a fledgling cafe with B and B and pub attached as someone else states an alternative to the usual Llandovery fare and in my opinion a better option. Good access to the main biking roads as well. Will be the favoured stop from now. The cakes looked pretty damn good too, will be back to try them

Back
Top Bottom