Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Wales

Thanks for your kind comments, nice to chat to fellow bikers now and again. hope to see you again with your new shiny toy
Thanks Mike and Teresa

Dylan's, Menai Bridge

Right on the Menai Straits and a stone's throw from the bridge. Mainly sea food, unsurprisingly, but there's always something else if you're not into fish etc. Always busy, and for a good reason- it's brilliant. See:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dylans+bangor&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari
:drool

EDIT: I've just noticed that the thread's title refers to cafes, coffee stops and greasy spoons so perhaps Dylan's doesn't really fit in here. But it's still brilliant and well worth a detour, believe me.

just taken over the Croes Y Ceiliog Inn, B & B and Café (formally known as the Poacher's Pocket). We are open 7 days a week from 8.30 am (9 am at weekends) till 5pm we would love to see some fellow tossers call for a cuppa. We are in Llanwrda just off the A40 between Llandeilo and Llandovery just off the Lampeter junction. Great roads in the area, near the Black Mountains on the edge of the Brecon Beacons. Oh aye and a good breakfast is served with a warm welcome to all
cheers Mike and Teresa

We're off to St David's on Sunday, so will pop by for a slab of cake in the afternoon.:thumb

Called in this morning at Croes Y Ceiliog Inn for a breakfast. Didnt know whether to eat it or climb it! Washed down with nice cuppa. If your in the Llanwrdda area call in and give it a try.

just taken over the Croes Y Ceiliog Inn, B & B and Café (formally known as the Poacher's Pocket). We are open 7 days a week from 8.30 am (9 am at weekends) till 5pm we would love to see some fellow tossers call for a cuppa. We are in Llanwrda just off the A40 between Llandeilo and Llandovery just off the Lampeter junction. Great roads in the area, near the Black Mountains on the edge of the Brecon Beacons. Oh aye and a good breakfast is served with a warm welcome to all
cheers Mike and Teresa

Called in the other weekend with the "mini me" had one and a half breakfasts it was lovely. with a warm welcome and a chat. Could not face fish and chips in newquay that afternoon. well worth the money. I will certainly be back:thumb2

thanks mike.

always good to meet fellow bikers and catch up. glad you enjoyed the breakfast hope to cu again sometime
cheers Mike

West End Cafe Llandovery

Took a spin up to the West End Cafe from Abergavenny today along with my buddy on his Tiger. The road and views coming out of Bwlch with crystal clear skies and snow on the mountain always puts a smile on my face no matter how many times I ride or drive this road.

Not too many at the cafe, was surprised to see a few big hogs there though. Back to Aber and called into the Bus station for a look around just after 3pm, just 2 bikes in there so headed home to get the bike washed, took long enough to do my GSA bet the guys with the Hogs are still at it!

:beerjug:

I stopped off at Croes Y Ceiliog Cafe (formerly Inn) on my way back from Hereford to Carmarthen today and whilst it has changed hands, it does look as though the baton has been passed successfully. I had a lovely chat with Chris the new owner & sometime friend of Mike and Teresa she cooked me a fabulous breakfast comprising of 2 bangers, 4 bacon, beans, shrooms, fried egg, black pudding, fried bread sautéed potatoes - all washed down with a glorious cup of tea, all for £5.80 with a friendly chat thrown in.

I heartedly recommend the place to fellow hungry Tossers.

Not a "biker" place but for those new New Inn (Ponty/Cwmbran area) then the Polo Grounds Diner takes some beating.
Brekkies are disgusting(ly well proportioned) but the sausage and onion pie dinner (well any of the dinners) is just outrageous and £5.60.

Not a "biker" place but for those new New Inn (Ponty/Cwmbran area) then the Polo Grounds Diner takes some beating.
Brekkies are disgusting(ly well proportioned) but the sausage and onion pie dinner (well any of the dinners) is just outrageous and £5.60.

Might have to look that place up as I will be in the Pontypool area for a couple of days next week

Thanks it's great that others enjoy the cafe as much as us. Chris works really hard and as you found is very friendly. She deserves to do well, hop to see more gsers as we are still around at weekends.
cheers Mike

Stopped at the Ponderosa today and couldn't resist the look of the homemade steak pie.
Ordered it with new potatoes and peas. Despite its mouth-watering appeal it had as much taste as a dried-out sponge.
Egg and chips next time or the chilli on a jacket spud, which was rather good on my last visit.

The chippy attached to the Castle Hotel in Talgarth is pretty reliable.

Not open Sundays but a favourite stop off on a Saturday or now Fridays since dropping to 4 days a week

Battered sausage and chips - you can munch away in the pub beer garden

Attachments

• 2018-08-11 12.27.31.jpg
    2018-08-11 12.27.31.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 188
Welsh Venison centre cafe,just,off,the A40 at Bwlch.
Superb breakfast and butchers.
Close to some beautiful views.

Attachments

• IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 143
Devils Bridge

I went for a spin on Sunday with a few mates,ended up in the Woodlands tea rooms in Devils Bridge, great menu ,great coffee and a very tasty ham sandwich. I did 160 miles in total from Gorseinon, about 35 miles of which were on A roads, some of the roads we used had grass 6” high in the middle, they didn’t look as if they’d seen vehicles for years, absolutely brilliant.

Attachments

• 4B7D9F8B-3601-4E74-AD5E-FEA4B0FF1880.jpg
    4B7D9F8B-3601-4E74-AD5E-FEA4B0FF1880.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 149
Groundhog Day

zYGww5xzmumkytWUSVPRQfedJhLhBzNsxDAc0WmibJUg4KVP_MFbQRfqOeSAPF0mZb8ik-pjxLTocXupIJAXv4IwX5XlOPfQxQd8B--HOEgtuUnyH1hC8OUx7HsqiW9k1rqnZK6-Gl2tBsWyXGKB1o6ygcg_VPwxVJ1Vt7nroJ-fQZimfmb3bmbg7nC2_2PzU7J2S3lwuBJnXbembaLwWjDczQhOTUSQKtS16nxVa27ewUZs2kdBXMFBqHyWZyNbGBa5U38Vbs7KHxVDBKyaOJTed9TADD43AGcL5ew0guTh2Y2H68aWK9NLubu2NUgVCq-jGbA0pYHEATAFsEb0Cx392QrSP-KTXhpaF_SkOPMPNfqh9o4cKQzr1MqW-cul2dcM-rn22SMTl7UrYz2IqV3mp_lGduvlOKcM6C3jHq8lQifHylGdoyM2YHHN2hagEnJ7HZtVWmKSb8FlUXFocNhUjagrODbfEzv1jAvuhQ-AFX2FLXayjKfbsxyAQwX5hUQz-aGL-hCYMc4eiCGGybe2xtAWf6ObWoE2FiX5qbBwigazL8-BcR2ErmRiSoPIhk5RgBaiF4are9v-WMTTNSRZJfQYkVHNG3HvsZ6xvUKUcwcHYFXq1zRRVoaxV4yEn01_dwR7nWF45h83Pqtwm7Xv=w835-h626-no

PHtrA2r8NHE2LYE8A

PHtrA2r8NHE2LYE8A

Hello chaps,

I'm going to be passing thru Wales next week. I'm looking for a tea stop/cafe in snowdonia on the way to the ferry. Any recommendations would be most welcome.👍

Doof Cafe in Ruthin is ok if nearby
c8be7d4c5eec47f174a00383e55c4ab4.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom