Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Wales

Pete’s Eats, Llanberis. Closed.

It’s been closed for some months now and is up for sale, seems it was having staffing problems. Unfortunately it seems to be having problems selling as well, it’s had a couple of price drops but I have heard that someone has bought it and is doing it up although I saw no sign of anything going on there a few weeks ago.

If it does get up and running again I hope they don’t change the format (if that’s the word) too much, I for one liked it just as it was.

A link: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/off_belay/petes_eats-752584
Last post Oct last year so hardly current. :)

doesn't look like I have recommended this one yet. Favourite lunch spot as Monmouth is my home town so I often do a loop, stopping there for a break.
Monnow Bridge Fish Bar & cafe.
https://goo.gl/maps/7VEvZfXRFC5PJ9nb6 - I park where the blue car is. They have put flower boxes there so cars can't use it now :)
The fish bar has a cafe if you want to sit indoors but there are picnic tables or go down the steps to the riverbank.

The small fish with small chips is still a substantial meal. Under £8, or go for the pensioner special deal with mushy peas or beans for £7.25

Attachments

• 2023-03-24 12.24.13.jpg
    2023-03-24 12.24.13.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 40
Another cafe/tea house in Llanberis…

…. Pen-y-Ceunant, just a little way up the lane from the Snowdon Railway station. Quirky, lovely cakes, licensed, and and a very interesting owner who isn’t at all interested in making money (he’s got enough) and is happy to chat if you want to. Doesn’t mind if you bring your own food if you buy a coffee or a tea, you are still welcome to sit on the benches outside. But do ask for a slice of the bara brith’. :thumb He has a little art gallery with several what he insists are original Kyffin Williams paintings.

A very popular stop on the path up to the summit of Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon), but seldom for bikers, although things might have changed with the sad demise of Pete’s Eats, see my earlier post #125

See: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta..._National_Park_North_Wales_Wales.html#MAPVIEW
Photo from Tripadvisor.com

Give it a try. :)

Attachments

• 244506DE-B13A-453E-99C3-6EC00D7C09A0.jpg
    244506DE-B13A-453E-99C3-6EC00D7C09A0.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 38
Pete’s Eats update.

Following on from my earlier post above, post #125, just had a reply to my message to my daughter who lives a few miles from Llanberis. She has heard that it is being converted to house the homeless of the area. She stressed that she isn’t sure that that’s true.

You can always try Pen-y-Ceunant… :)

Pete’s Eats update.

Following on from my earlier post above, post #125, just had a reply to my message to my daughter who lives a few miles from Llanberis. She has heard that it is being converted to house the homeless of the area. She stressed that she isn’t sure that that’s true.

You can always try Pen-y-Ceunant… :)
Still shut August 23

Back
Top Bottom