640 adventure

Found this for sale;

2004 04 640 Adv, 8500miles, handguards , stndrd low mudgaurd, pannier frames ( no cases) and Akrapovic .

£3700.

What do you guts reckon ?

Seems like a good deal. Sideways had one in, 2004, 9000miles no Akra which they sold for £3799.

Cheers

Mark

Similar deal to mine Ian. What do you want to use it for? Give me a bell and I'll try to help.
Mark

It would have to replace the GS Mark, couldn't justify both bikes.

Would commute on it quite a bit (short commute though) , some weekend rides of about 250 miles , hope to do dirt tracks, some easy lanes etc

Can't see me doing any big foreign trips this year so if the 640 could carry 2 and luggage for trips to Lakes, Scotland and or South Coast then it might be a viable option.

Would the 640 be saleable 2 years down the line with more than 20,000 miles on it?

It would have to replace the GS Mark, couldn't justify both bikes.

Would commute on it quite a bit (short commute though) , some weekend rides of about 250 miles , hope to do dirt tracks, some easy lanes etc

Can't see me doing any big foreign trips this year so if the 640 could carry 2 and luggage for trips to Lakes, Scotland and or South Coast then it might be a viable option.

Would the 640 be saleable 2 years down the line with more than 20,000 miles on it?

Go on you know you want one :D Buy one to keep when the engine gets a bit tired have it recon'd tart it up with new graphics and plastics it'll last you years:thumb2

Hi
Rushy
Not had mine long finding alittle vibey have brought to do 50/50 road/offroad
not sure about 2 up for long trips best to try before you buy

if near worcester more than welcome to have a ride on mine

Thanks for the offer Louis:thumb

Mark (EM) rang me earlier today and said pretty much the same as yourself i.e very vibey and I should take his out for a spin. Might not be the thing for me after the 1150. I have never had a large single.

A nice 950 adv may be the way to go but i'd have to put some cash and my bike towards it.

Or maybe i'll go Orange............Barricade Orange;)

Pop the hand gaurd off rightend of the bar, make sure you tape the air hole inside the left light switch cluster drilled into the maguras and then fill the bar with silicon sealer from one end till it appears at the other. Kills vibes dead. I did this to Ricks before selling it to him and it makes an amazing difference.
Andy

Pop the hand gaurd off rightend of the bar, make sure you tape the air hole inside the left light switch cluster drilled into the maguras and then fill the bar with silicon sealer from one end till it appears at the other. Kills vibes dead. I did this to Ricks before selling it to him and it makes an amazing difference.
Andy

Now that is a good tip, cheers for that.:thumb
And the footpegs?
Mark

I rode my little 650 Dak from Falmouth to Stoke on New Years eve. Very comfy and a serious contender for replacing the 1150. Wouldn't want to do it 2 up though and you have to cruise 10-15 mph slower than the 1150.

Great bike though.

I'd tour 1 up on a 640 ADV no worries, but resale would be piss poor with high mileage.

The KTM is better off road than anything else of the same style IMHO. They have the monopoly on off road stuff. The best off roader I've had was a 300EXC but I loved the 2 husabergs more :nenau

Only thing with a KTM is regular services. Take very little oil, so better to change it very regularly, they are reliable too. Parts can be expensive (especially if orange!!!). Front mudguard for the Husaberg was £20 ish. Exactly the same part but in orange, for the ktm, WAS OVER £30!!!!!!

Think you'll find the 950 strange at first due to the 21" front wheel, but you'll be amazed how capable they are. Could be tempted with a 640 one day. Trying to slow down...........must be my age :D:D:D

Now that is a good tip, cheers for that.:thumb
And the footpegs?
Mark

Pop off your right boot and drill a hole in your ankle, don't forget to tape up your arsehole first, and then insert a cartridge gun and fill up your leg with silicone sealant until it appears out of your penis.

Kills the vibes in your feet dead...........PLUS you end up with a permanent stiffy which does wonders for your sex life :D:D:D

Hmmmm... toe in water time.

The 640 adv looks like a better bike for what I do most of the time, but what's the seat like? Comfy enough or a pain after a few hours? In which case is there the range of after market stuff like there is for the GS series?

Pop off your right boot and drill a hole in your ankle, don't forget to tape up your arsehole first, and then insert a cartridge gun and fill up your leg with silicone sealant until it appears out of your penis.

Kills the vibes in your feet dead...........PLUS you end up with a permanent stiffy which does wonders for your sex life :D:D:D

hapybnce: :jes

Cracking bikes...if only they were not so tall, even though I have lowered my 07 640 ADV and uprated the springs I still struggle a little with it loaded. On road manners are excellent even loaded up its just when at a stand still she is a little top heavy so she is going to have to go to make way for something a little more my size. Never made it to where I was going to test it trail legs so mine a dirt virgin ATM, but I have no doubts it would perform like any of my other KTM's...it just all feels right on that side of things.

I am a little shocked at the current resale values but will have to see how it goes.

Adie

Just making the switch over here. 2000 1150GS to a 2002 640A. Looking forward to a lighter bike, but will miss the stability and long-distance comfort of my 1150...

Just making the switch over here. 2000 1150GS to a 2002 640A. Looking forward to a lighter bike, but will miss the stability and long-distance comfort of my 1150...

Enjoy it, you can't do this on a GS:thumb
867728821_YixU9-XL.jpg

Thanks! I know exactly how to do that on my GS and then spend the next hour getting help to get it out.

photo-8.jpg

photo2-6.jpg

By the way, I know this subject has been dealt with many times, but every time I find it in a thread the links are expired or I can't find the item...I am interested in the crash bars on your 640...where can I find them? Thanks for any help...even a UK supplier would help.

I think mine may be Touratech but KTM Somer do them as well
http://www.ktmteamwest.com/website/index.php
it's possible to translate into english as well!

There's a guy over here, who's name I forget, who makes carbon fibre guards for the tanks too.

All the info on 640s is here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86958

Chris Barnes is the man you need for the tank guards Tim. Hunt him down on ADVrider.You can make them out on these pics ok. I have seen the fuel tap torn off twice on 640 adventures during a spill, these guards give good protection. I think the tank itself is pretty bulletproof.

Grand wee bikes!

Grand wee pics too Chubby, nice one :thumb2:thumb2

I want one now :mad:

Chris Barnes is the man you need for the tank guards Tim. Hunt him down on ADVrider.You can make them out on these pics ok. I have seen the fuel tap torn off twice on 640 adventures during a spill, these guards give good protection. I think the tank itself is pretty bulletproof.

Grand wee bikes!

Great thread revival on my favourite bike of all time:)

Even the girls like them...must be the vibes man:D
P1020082-XL.jpg

Mines fitted with 41mm FCR pumper carb, Akro etc. and really flies now:)
IMG12015-L.jpg

:clap
P1020333-XL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom