War.. what it is we're fighting for

sorry... but how the feck was it in any bad taste

maybe badly interpreted.... but that's more to do with the people who didn't understand it rather than the picture itself

Sometimes its hard to keep up with the great minds on here, sure att will be along in a minute :rolleyes:

sorry... but how the feck was it in any bad taste

maybe badly interpreted.... but that's more to do with the people who didn't understand it rather than the picture itself

didnt say bad taste just poor taste at this time of year, maybe posted in the pub in a few days time it would have got the desired results:thumb2

i thought it was great use of oil industry symbolism exposing the hidden story with the X-ray type scan
I would hardly describe it as a hidden story, your posting it in a section which is frequented by blokes that have served in the Gulf not once or twice but three or four times, I knew at 18 in the first Gulf war it was all about oil and I'm sure every bloke who's been there since has thought the same, what were you fighting for at 18 I wonder? As has been said it should have been posted in the Pub but still not very original is it.:rolleyes:

I just don't get what is wrong about fighting for Oil. Would it make it better if it was fighting for food? Because it just as well is. What the fcuk would we do, if we had no Oil?

Anyways it's more than just Oil.

And I support the Troops.:thumb2

I would hardly describe it as a hidden story, your posting it in a section which is frequented by blokes that have served in the Gulf not once or twice but three or four times, I knew at 18 in the first Gulf war it was all about oil and I'm sure every bloke who's been there since has thought the same, what were you fighting for at 18 I wonder? As has been said it should have been posted in the Pub but still not very original is it.:rolleyes:

Well it seemed hidden enough that more a few on here didn't get it:augie

and if you can post the jingoistic full of sentimental bullshit Army strong thread in this section why can i not post my one.. it done no more than put what i thought was a clever way of linking the way the US and the UK hide that they went in for Oil nothing more plain and simple.

And although you say Oil is well known as what they went to war for... i don't see any of the governments admitting that.... yet thats another point of the pic.

The Yanks widnae dare come into Oonyackistan

I'm armed with a bottle of Aberlour and a dug :rob

As for the British forces they'd drink my drams and shag ma dug:(

Happy New Year tae yin an aw:beerjug:

Good God!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZgHH72G8wQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZgHH72G8wQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Well it seemed hidden enough that more a few on here didn't get it:augie

and if you can post the jingoistic full of sentimental bullshit Army strong thread in this section why can i not post my one.. it done no more than put what i thought was a clever way of linking the way the US and the UK hide that they went in for Oil nothing more plain and simple.

And although you say Oil is well known as what they went to war for... i don't see any of the governments admitting that.... yet thats another point of the pic.

Maybe thats where we diffy, you thought it was clever thinking, I thought it was boring, old hat and done to death :rolleyes: you are right alot of the US soldiers I talked to thought we were in Iraq for freedom, but not one Brit thought we were there for any other reason than for oil, so maybe you should find a US site to post on instead to get a reaction.
:stopbeing

oh and Happy New Year

Well that was an interesting read....Was only looking for something to buy lol...

All i will say is i see both sides of the story...Ned see where ya coming from mate...Tuned In, you to Pal......Was just a little old thats all.....

Happy New Year to you all :thumb2

I just don't get what is wrong about fighting for Oil. Would it make it better if it was fighting for food? Because it just as well is. What the fcuk would we do, if we had no Oil?

Good point. One that is often overlooked. :thumb2

Would it make it better if it was fighting for food? Because it just as well is. What the fcuk would we do, if we had no Oil?

We'd have to use lard or margarine. Yuck! :(

wow, I go skiing for a week (your tax money at work everyone) come back and everyones getting all hot under the collar!!

odd place to put the pic, but i agee with ned, any brit who thinks its for anything other than oil needs their head read!

Back
Top Bottom