HOGRAOST UNPLUGGED - 2008
An acoustic extravaganza where we invite Tossers to entertain other Tossers
Friday night - Hograost - 4th July 2008

Strum What You Brung – Open Mic Night – Organised by Shep and The Bede

… Amuse and delight your friends,
… Put the smile back on the Hog,
… Garner the accolades and adulation of your GS heroes,​

We need players and performers of things entertaining. The more the merrier: -
… Can you play an instrument, or sing us a song?
… Can you jam or would you be prepared to learn a couple of basic ‘standards’ for a bit of group entertainment?
… Do you have a short and witty piece of stand-up repartee to share with the Tossery?
… Can you do magic, or juggle, or acrobatics?
… Are you prepared to work naked?
… Can you run a basic PA, or offer other resources and expertise, in pursuit of the common craic?

- No prior experience, nor even talent, required :D

Between now and July Bede and Shep will assemble a list of runners and riders.

Post your talent and availability on this thread in the HogRaost forum.
OR
(for the very timid) Private Messages to Shep or The Bede​

- We are aiming for a few individual turns, then it would be fun if this could be as collaborative as possible. Perhaps we could get a jam going, or an impromptu acoustic band playing some basic standards.

- We know of the difficulties in transporting musical instruments by bike. We will seek the logistical assistance of the four-wheel drivers closer to the time.

Basically: -If you can strum it, pick it, bang it, pluck it, show it, blow it, sing it or hum it
- BRING IT -​

Finally, I can share my gifts on the two spoons with the world!!!:D

Who's Emceeing?

Bring it on.

Dahoum can astound the gathered congregation with his string for every occasion.

If its an acoustic night, I guess an electric drum kit wouldn't be any good.:nenau
Probably not the easiest thing to fit in the panniers either.
Mark

Will there be bingo?

... No, but how's about a Beatle drive :blast

Jamie said:
Finally, I can share my gifts on the two spoons with the world!!!

... And so you shall :thumb

(... Sadly HSE requirements mean you'll be restricted to using a pair of plastic coffee stirrers, no problem for a man of your diameter ... erm ... I mean calibre!)

Steptoe said:
Dahoum can astound the gathered congregation with his string for every occasion.

... :bow Just the sort of sensible family-friendly stuff we need - Booked :thumb

Waldin said:
I'll bring my organ

... Will Mrs Waldin be assisting or will you play with it by yourself :eek

... That'll be my coat I believe :augie

If its an acoustic night, I guess an electric drum kit wouldn't be any good.:nenau
Probably not the easiest thing to fit in the panniers either.
Mark

I can play the air drums but only to this:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/91rAHIb8BwY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/91rAHIb8BwY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

A year has passed since I wrote my note ...

... I should have known this right from the start

... Ok perhaps not a year, a month more like, but your country (& western) needs you.

Musicians and performers wanted.

Open Mic, Strum What-U-Brung, Friday night Hograost following Elvis (aka Dave the Plumber)
Bask in the roar of the greasepaint and the smell of the crowd on the Hograost main stage​

... We know there's loads of shy, retiring and unannounced talent amongst those soon to be assembled.
... Please put away your blushes and pull out your banjos.
... Dust off your maraccas and lets see if we can turn a few wallflowers into Hothouse Flowers :guitarist

... So please sign up and turn up with your turn, more definitely means merrier :thumb

A hard core of GSers have been rehearsing seriously for several weeks now - it's gonna be bloody good.

Still room for more - contact Shep or The Bede if interested, but do it quickly!

Back
Top Bottom