Saturday's road ride

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Jockser and I have put what we hope will be an enjoyable road ride together for you for the Saturday.

In all, the run will be about 150 miles and will include plenty of photo stops and a very scenic location for lunch.

We will be gathering at 10am for a 10-30am departure and will not be waiting for stragglers, so please be ready with a full tank and empty bladder.

There is a filling station directly opposite the hotel and it would be a good idea to fill up on Friday evening. The run is well within the range of any GS so fuel stops shouldn't be necessary.

As usual we will be using the "drop off" system. There will be a short briefing on Saturday morning for anyone who is unfamiliar with this system before we set off.

Y'see I have promised Thunder that there won't be any impromptu off-roading this year. :eek: :angel

Cough cough, quarry, cough cough :augie

I know the route past isn't strictly 'off' road but I've seen trails that are less off-road, surface wise :bounce1

So that's how it is is it? You guys on the "road run" end up doing some gnarly tracks? If my memory serves me correct, I dont remember seeing too much tarmac on the photos from the "road run" in Achill either. hmmm:green gri very suspicious.

Oi Aiden I wonder should I brighten Me Crashbars Up??

CIMG1554.JPG

Do I perchance Detect a Hint of Sarcasm here???

Perhaps even Discrimination??

Is It, like, coz me Steeds Red?? Innit???

Just back from a very enjoyable day out - run was about 145miles before we parted company and headed back to sunny Ballycarry. Good choice of roads , good speed , and the system used for navigation worked vey well. I'm glad you were able to organise the good weather too .... still recovering from lunch:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom