Free motorcycle parking at Gatwick

stonetown

Reaction score
Does anyone know if free parking at Gatwick still exists? Google throws up a story about it stopping last year, but then being re-instated again. Also does anyone know if there are lockers where gear can be stored for a couple of days?

:mmmm

Does anyone know if free parking at Gatwick still exists? Google throws up a story about it stopping last year, but then being re-instated again. Also does anyone know if there are lockers where gear can be stored for a couple of days?

:mmmm

No idea about the free parking but there certainly was quite a large left luggage station at Gatwick.

Failing that, go to Terminal 5 at H'row, they have miles of left luggage......:augie

I do remember seeing several bikes parked underwalkways and on central roundabouts, in fact all over the place at Gatwick.

Edit:

Still there http://www.excess-baggage.com/lost_property.php "Additional services including left luggage and long term storage"

as far as I know you can still park for free in the short term. Think you pick up your ticket at the barrier on the way in, but take it to the pay office right by the exit and they validate it for you.

Never seen any lockers there, and don't think that you are ever likely to, - bit of a security risk!

Yeah I found your link, however there is nothing about charges and if it is still free following this article http://www.uk-airport-news.info/gatwick-airport-news-180807.htm and comment at this link http://www.motorcycleparking.com/frames_index.htm

both found via a google search :augie :augie

:)

Wonderful thing Google...

....makes you wonder why more people don't use it, the company would make a fortune....:augie

http://www.gatwickairport.com/porta...___/448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/

You can park for free in the South Terminal multistorey carpark.
Get a ticket at the barrier as you enter.
When you exit you take the ticket into the office at the exit barrier sign it and put your reg on it and they';ll let you out FOC.

Simple as that.

Can't help on the locker front.

You can park for free in the South Terminal multistorey carpark.
Get a ticket at the barrier as you enter.
When you exit you take the ticket into the office at the exit barrier sign it and put your reg on it and they';ll let you out FOC.

Simple as that.

Can't help on the locker front.

Failing that there is just enough room to the right of the exit barriers to get the bike across the kerb. :augie:augie:augie

Yeah I found your link, however there is nothing about charges and if it is still free following this article http://www.uk-airport-news.info/gatwick-airport-news-180807.htm and comment at this link http://www.motorcycleparking.com/frames_index.htm

both found via a google search :augie :augie

:)

OK...

Look at the dates on the websites you found...

Then ponder the notice on the same website:

Essential maintenance and update :

Motorcycleparking.com is currently undergoing a complete re-design and update including the insertion of a new much improved search facility mapping system. Whilst this is happening the current search facility will be off-line. We apologise for the inconvenience this may have on its users but promise the wait for the new search facility and re-designed site will be worth the wait! We hope to have the new site on-line by the end of the week starting 10 March.

NOTE: Rather like roadworks, they are careful not to put any year after the month.....

Then go today's BAA website, then work out which one is most likely to be up-to-date and accurate....

You are though quite right, there is nothing about charges on the BAA's website, that's because the BAA tell you in the same piece that the parking of motorcycles (in the designated areas) is free. One can only assume free = without charge.

Failing that, simply contact the BAA and ask them....

:augie

left my R100RS there for the last 2 weeks - short stay, Red park level 1
was not sure what to do about ticket and was not in the mood to ask after 10 hours in air so just rode around barriers.
Not as good as Heathrow but seems to be ok

Thanks for all your help so far and to Mr. Wapping for being sooooooooo particular about the peculiarities if the online world. :thumb2:thumb2:blast:augie

Is the bike parking at Gatwick North under cover? Or open to the elements?

don't know about North but it is just as easy to park at South, - if you park in the far car park (orange) as you go in on level 1 you will be on the same level to walk into the terminal, go to the right towards the railway station and just hop on the overland train thingie that runs (free) every few minutes between South and North.

PS Google is the spawn of the devil, - it is doing some much damage to the education and understanding of research for kids, it should be banned in primary schools!

I'd include ebay and paypal in that spawn :spitfire

PS Google is the spawn of the devil, - it is doing some much damage to the education and understanding of research for kids, it should be banned in primary schools!

Thanks for all your help so far and to Mr. Wapping for being sooooooooo particular about the peculiarities if the online world. :thumb2:thumb2:blast:augie

You call it peculiarities, I call it reading.... :)

Motorcycle Parking Gatwick North

An update to the parking at GTW North:

There is free parking next to the NCP short stay on the ground floor. There is no need to go through the barriers or get a ticket, they have created an area next to the car park. The area has bollards allowing for bikes but not larger vehicles. There was plenty of space with 15-20 bikes parked there. If you are lucky you can chain the bike to the armco stanchions if there are any available. There is no cover from the elements (lets hope they build a cover). The walk to the arrival is approx 1 minute. And it's FREE.

Had a friendly member of staff (Goldwing rider) wander over and ask me about the price of the foglights as I was parking the bike, so hopefully there are some biker types keeping a security eye on things.

Overall a top parking spot. :clap:clap

Gatwick Motorcycle parking

I parked my motorcycle at Gatwick south terminal for 4 days free of charge no problem!

Carpark (2) take a ticket on entering, at the various entrances to car parks alot of bikes where parked under the ramps to higher levels. There is a paved area under ramps. I parked there no problem. On exiting I went to the exit office next to barriers, the guy told me to ride around third barrier from right (which is shorter than the others) large BMW bike with large panniers got past no problem.

Graham.

All

I do know this is an old thread, but hoping for recent experience!

I am flying from Gatwick South on Tuesday, returning Thursday, and wondered if anyone has a recent update on the motorcycle parking situation?

In particular, arriving at 11am am I likely to struggle to find a place to park?

All help gratefully received

Simon

Just an update to my 7 year old query. Since then I have parked several times at both North and South terminals without problems or any charges. One of the barriers has room to let a motorcycle pass by….and there are dedicated areas for bike parking in the short term parking.

Back
Top Bottom