Saturday Road Ride finalised

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
Lucy and I were out today reccying next weekends road ride, from door to door we did 328 miles but don't worry only 168 of that is the route......

293394181_wuuNX-L.jpg

Camping site
293393465_kBnLL-L.jpg

Overflow area :eek::eek::thumb2
293393848_TBk6f-L.jpg

Some of the scenery along the route
293394595_Wy6LS-L.jpg

293394960_YZXLp-L.jpg

293395257_uoxF9-L.jpg

293395625_YSwuo-L.jpg

293396029_Pzsie-L.jpg

293396341_odwBg-L.jpg

293396662_7toUU-L.jpg

293397285_AV4xT-L.jpg

293397826_T4QtW-L.jpg

293398069_dRGdD-L.jpg

293398845_KXKD9-L.jpg

293398538_RkynV-L.jpg

Unfortunately this next piece of scenery will probably not be there next weekend........ apparently she was doing a photo shot for Back Street Heroes :green gri
293399106_xjsMi-L.jpg

The route is attached below. If you're joining the road ride vote on the poll here so we have an idea of numbers :thumb2

Attachments

• Baskerville Tour sm.gdb
    81.6 KB · Views: 202
WOW Paul . . . Looks great . . .not sure about the bird at the end though ;) lol doesn't do it for me I'm afraid :D

Looking forward to it . . . lets hope the weather is as nice . . . fingers crossed.

Shirley :thumb

WOW Paul . . . Looks great . . .not sure about the bird at the end though ;) lol doesn't do it for me I'm afraid :D

Looking forward to it . . . lets hope the weather is as nice . . . fingers crossed.

Shirley :thumb

I agree with you Shirley :thumb2
If Lu had got down to same kit !! I know who I'd be looking at :augie:augie:D

Looks great sorry we're missing it all :thumb2

BTW is Lucy having a quick prayer in the first pic ? ;) :D

Great route-very familiar;)
Even though I cannot make the whole weekend or stop the night (I should be packing for the family Holllibobs-we fly on Sunday) I'd like to join you for some or all of the Saturday road ride,probably meet you en-route somewhere and get a few pics as the group approaches :thumb2

The grass could do with a cut before we get there :D
Scenery looks lovely, really lookin forward to this comin wk end. Must not forget to get an additional memory card today for my camera as think I am gonna need it.
I was warned yesterday to keep nick away from the sheep :augie
Not long now folks :beerjug:

great pics.

won't need to do the ride now, just buy a copy of BSH :)

Still hoping I can make all or some of this - looks great.

Should be an impressive wiggly snake of GS'ers going through the Elan Valley :thumb2

What are the 001 & 002 waypoints ?

Hello Paul G

I'm Shirley's other half, and I just wanted to pick your brains about the GPS route for the Baskerville Hall gig.

I've downloaded the route (Baskerville Tour sm.gdb) but I'm not having a lot of luck getting it to be recognised by my Garmin Zumo 550. I have just updated the Zumo to the latest firmware (4.20) and have installed the new City Navigator Europe NT 2008 map.

Do I need any particular software to transfer it across? I've looked at the Garmin site and thought I was onto something with a program called 'Mapsource', but in the end it didn't look like the right thing. If not, how's it done?

Any instructions or advice would be very gratefully received! :)

See y'all Friday.

Nick

At the risk of butting in......

Mapsource is indeed what you need. Open Pauls *.gdb file in Mapsource, plug the Zumo into the pc and transfer the route via the Mapsource "send to device" facility.

You can't, as I think you are trying to do, simply plonk the *.gdb file straight into the Zumo.

At the risk of butting in......

Mapsource is indeed what you need. Open Pauls *.gdb file in Mapsource, plug the Zumo into the pc and transfer the route via the Mapsource "send to device" facility.

You can't, as I think you are trying to do, simply plonk the *.gdb file straight into the Zumo.

Worked for me.......straight onto the Quest, doing as above

Thank you Popeye - mission accomplished.

If anyone needs this software to transfer the route to a Garmin, and is uncertain of where to get it (as I was 10 minutes ago), first download the route to somewhere safe on your computer (eg. Desktop). Then go to:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ils.jsp?id=209

and click on the link that says "Download (47.72 MB)". This will download the full version of Mapsource version 6137 to your computer. Once downloaded, click (or doubleclick) it to get it going, and it will install the program there and then - no further messing about required.

Connect your Garmin to your computer, run the Mapsource program, File/Open and select the route, then Transfer/Send to Device. Once it's on your Garmin, import the new data as a route.

Looking forward to it!

Nick

mine came up with following

'Some maps could not be opened because the following MapSource products are not installed'

Metroguide Europe :eek: Going on a train ride!!

Other than that, fine :thumb

Thanks for posting the route, Paul.

I'm not going to be able to make the ride - family to see during the day - but I may ride round it in reverse in the afternoon to pass you all going the other way. If the weather's nice, and if I remember, I might even set the video camera up to capture it on film.

Of course, if the weather is really nice, I might forget all about Auntie Rosemary in Gloucester and ride the whole thing.

Alternatively, there's a rugby match at Kingsholm I might visist to watch Leicester get their come-uppance.

For all us neanderthal's with no GPS and who rely on little books with pretty coloured lines, could we possibly have a non GDB file with a conventional route list please Paul.

Then I can work out where we're all going otherwise I'll feel lost and inadequate all day on Saturday. :tears

Back
Top Bottom