Off Road Ride - Pics

petcul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What can I say? What a fantastic day. Great planning by Gaz and for his reward he spent much of it picking up our bikes:augie

Thanks to Phil for his heroic work at the rear whose reward was his lovely bright suit being sprayed in the variety of products from our wheelspins. Perhaps a more muted colour next time?:D

A great crew to ride with, lots of help and advice (mostly useful although some gratutitous:p. It's not that I'm sensitive you know!:augie).

Some images of the event are on the attached Flickr set - with the odd gratutitous comment:p:p

In the interests of privacy none of the participants are identified. Well hardly any:augie:augie

Brilliant day, can't wait for the next one:thumb:thumb:thumb

Baskerville Off-Road Run

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9096451@N05/sets/72157605130225869

In the interests of privacy none of the participants are identified. Well hardly any:augie:augie

Aahhem :augie great photos, Peter :thumb I'm sure someone will be along soon to show us how you hurt your ankle :eek Hope it's getting better now :beerjug:

Sorry to have missed saying 'bye to you on Sunday morning :eek: Great to meet you and hopefully see you at the next one :thumb

wow

peter great pics as usual:thumb2 how is the ankle holding out:(lookied very sore
sorry did,nt get a chance to see you off but thannks for a great weekend hope to see you in tipp:aidan

Great Pics Peter :clap:clap:clap:clap

It was a fantastic day, big :beer:for the 1200 riders, proving that even the big stuff can get around (with a helping hand or 12 :D:D:D).

Hope your ankle is feeling better :thumb

I would like to thank Gaz again and all the attendees, these things only work with team work, lots of piss taking and good planning......................you know what they say, 2 out of three ain't bad :D:D:D:D

Attachments

• Gaz where are we.jpg
    Gaz where are we.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 364
Some great pictures just that you labeled one with a quote that their was no tread on the back tire clearly opinion is divided on the subject one of us must be wrong? Cheers chaps for the good day out

Some great pictures just that you labeled one with a quote that their was no tread on the back tire clearly opinion is divided on the subject one of us must be wrong? Cheers chaps for the good day out

As we spent a fair amount of time pushing it, I would guess it's not you who's right :p:D:D:D

Once I had heard that you guys were back I had to come out to see the state of your bikes :eek: Hats off to you all, it looks great fun if you have the right bike for it as you all did. Nice to finally meet you Flipfly :thumb

I know opinion may be divided - 7 to 1 against you at the last count - but in fairness those pushing had the evidence before their eyes. You were sitting on the bike and could only see the front tyre:augie:augie:augie

Hmmmm 7 to 1 at the last count I like the odds the way I look at it every one else had to much tread on their tires? and it takes a special person to sit on their bike and let every one else push without compassion? thats not easy you know. And I was only there to make everyone else look good.

Once I had heard that you guys were back I had to come out to see the state of your bikes :eek: Hats off to you all, it looks great fun if you have the right bike for it as you all did. Nice to finally meet you Flipfly :thumb

At least you know who to avoid now :D:D:D

Mrs Flip is definately the better half :thumb

Nice to meet you and so glad you decided to keep the bike, you know it was the right choice :clap:clap:clap

Thanks for that Peter...

Some great pics there... I am sure I have some and will download them tomorrow as just home from my parents after the weekend frolics..... I may just have the odd video clip too........

Hope the ankle heels quick... I was as stiff as a board at the end of the day and felt like I'd done 10 rounds with Joe Calzaghe.... great fun though with a great bunch of guys.:thumb

AndyT:cool:

Great photos Peter, I hope your ankles ok, I did see you hobbling around in the morning.

Great photos Peter, I hope your ankles ok, I did see you hobbling around in the morning.

Thanks Tim for your concern and that of everybody else. Managed to get the boot on early Sunday so after packing up headed off by 07.30. Great trip up through Wales following Miss Direction (GPS). Got to Chester about 09.30 then Penrith, Alston and home before 13.00. Great ride.:thumb:thumb

Took the boot off. Ankle still swollen so I thought I would go to the local hospital. Drove there in the car. Great service. Xrayed and diagnosed.

"Mr. Cullen, sorry to say you've a broken ankle".

Whoops:augie

Plastered up and driven home. Will be off the bike 4 - 6 weeks:mad::mad::mad: provided it doesn't move. If it does they will operate:eek:

Still Saturday was a great day.

PS Twat boots brilliant. :thumb:thumbWouldn't have made it without them.:thumb2

PPS Heard yesterday that my brother nearly got wiped out by another parachutist skydiving in Russia and is currently on his back in a Russian hospital with broken ribs.:eek::eek::eek:

Broken ankle and being at home with loved ones doesn't seem so bad.

Roll on Tipperary:aidan

Jesus, Pete, sorry to hear that. Guess you weren't exaggerating then!!:eek:

p.s. great pics and comments by the way, real photo-journalism there :thumb2

Thanks Tim for your concern and that of everybody else. Managed to get the boot on early Sunday so after packing up headed off by 07.30. Great trip up through Wales following Miss Direction (GPS). Got to Chester about 09.30 then Penrith, Alston and home before 13.00. Great ride.:thumb:thumb

Took the boot off. Ankle still swollen so I thought I would go to the local hospital. Drove there in the car. Great service. Xrayed and diagnosed.

"Mr. Cullen, sorry to say you've a broken ankle".

Whoops:augie

Plastered up and driven home. Will be off the bike 4 - 6 weeks:mad::mad::mad: provided it doesn't move. If it does they will operate:eek:

Still Saturday was a great day.

PS Twat boots brilliant. :thumb:thumbWouldn't have made it without them.:thumb2

PPS Heard yesterday that my brother nearly got wiped out by another parachutist skydiving in Russia and is currently on his back in a Russian hospital with broken ribs.:eek::eek::eek:

Broken ankle and being at home with loved ones doesn't seem so bad.

Roll on Tipperary:aidan

Really sorry to hear that chap :( Although quite pleased that after your fall I didn't just tell you not to worry and get straight back on the bike!

Glad you enjoyed the ride - I did too. Much thanks to Gaz for leading and to the rest of you for putting up with me :D

I will hopefully post some pics later tonight...

peter you nut case you must have been in some pain :( walking around on that saterday night had a feeling it might be more than a sprain , anyway speedy recovery :thumb2

Peter.................................................:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Rambo......pah, he's a puff!!!!

Can't believe you finished the day. Sorry to hear that it's worse than expected, but you may get the prize of toughest tosser of the year :thumb

Best wishes for a speedy recovery (and to your brother too:beerjug:).

Imagine what would have happened if you'd have had road boots on :eek::eek::eek:

Let that be a warning to those of you that don't have proper off roady boots :rob

I feel pretty bad about this now. That wasn't meant to happen at all and I'm really sorry Pete and gutted that you'll have to spend a month in plaster.

whhooooaaaa we have a hardened Tosser in our mist... real sorry it is a brake Peter and so unlucky especially in the GS boots. I must admit to have done the off road in ankle length road boots which although very comfortable I really shouldn't have done. I left my Tech 3's in Warrington after throwing them across the garden when the battery was completely flat on my HP2 and by the time I got it going I just put on the first thing to hand - very luckt as I think I dropped it more times than you did as I was well and trully cream crackered at the end of the day.

When I can figure out how to load the visdeos onto You-Tube I'll post a link and you can witness yourself "Falling in Style" as Buzz LightYear would say:D

Great, great day with a not so happy ending.

Respect is due to you Sir:rob

Get well soon

AndyT:cool:

Back
Top Bottom