Datatool System 3 alarm removal

Hello all, first post. I've just picked up a 1999 1100GS which has had a Datatool Veto Plus Evo alarm fitted from new. Previous experience has taught me to despise alarms and immobilizers so I would like to be rid of it. Before I start dismantling things could anyone advise as to whether the previously mentioned instruction to link out terminals 1+2 and 5+6 is applicable to this model? Any other help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Eamon

Hello all, first post. I've just picked up a 1999 1100GS which has had a Datatool Veto Plus Evo alarm fitted from new. Previous experience has taught me to despise alarms and immobilizers so I would like to be rid of it. Before I start dismantling things could anyone advise as to whether the previously mentioned instruction to link out terminals 1+2 and 5+6 is applicable to this model? Any other help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Eamon

Funny enough I removed one of these from a Ducati 748 yesterday. I would not try to short out any connectors, just remove the whole thing, its pretty easy. There will be two immobilizing circuits, and as Steptoe mentioned a few years ago in this thread it is extremely likely that the loom wire feeding each of these has been split and each end connected to a black wire coming from the alarm unit. Just rejoin them together, they will be colour coded. The rest can be sniped off close to where they are spliced into the loom (to operate the indicators, supply power etc). The veto will also have a small inline fuse to help with identification. Most dealer fitted alarms will have all the connections around one point of the loom - it is quicker, easier and cheaper for them to fit this way.
If it was a reasonably professional fitter they will have soldered the connections from the alarm to the loom. I would solder the two disturbed immobilizer wires back together, put a little silicon grease on the repair the cover with heatshrink and finally tape it all back up. Do not leave any bare wires unprotected anywhere.

Err - it was Datatool that told me how to dissarm the thing :augie

There are 14 terminals along the top of the unit - a group of 6 and a group of 8.

Numbered from the left 1-14, bridge the following:

1&2 - Engine immobiliser
5&6 - Starter immobiliser

(by "bridge" - I mean add a shorting link across the terminals, leaving the original wires in place)

Also - disconnect the output to the sounder

The above causes no damage and means that you do not have to start ripping off sheathing to follow cables.

If you decide to send the alarm back for repair - simply mark all the cable ends and link the wires to 1/2, 5/6.

Al:thumb2

After buying a triumph sprint rs with one of these damn alarms fitted I looked around the net for advice on getting it taken off or disabled.

The alarm kept randomly immobilising the bike which annoyed the crap out of me!

So following advice off here I thought I'd remove and bin the whole thing.

I spent 4 hours unwrapping the whole loom of this bike tracing wires only to find the damn thing is spliced into the loom in places, and hard wired in, in other places. Actual black wired going to relays and switches etc.

So after 4 hours I decided to retrace my steps. I cut off the alarm making safe exposed wired and basically following the steps mentioned here connecting said wires together.

Bike now works perfectly and I could of saved myself a lot of time if I'd just done the bridge connections in the first place rather than habing the bike in bits and unwrapping the whole loom ....

Disconnect the +ve feed to the alarm, open the alarm and bridge terminals 1&2, bridge terminals 5&6.

Al :thumb

Not sure if you are still on here, this post might well save me a massive headache.

Thank you
:cool:

Not sure if you are still on here, this post might well save me a massive headache.

Thank you
:cool:

If you have alarm problems this Guy would probably be able to help

https://bikealarmman.com/

My bike came with only one alarm fob and Peter was able to supply a new one and talk me through how to pair it with my bike over the phone. Really helpful chap and been around a long time. He fitted the original alarm when the bike was new in 2003!

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom