HID50.com exclusive

Thanks Les, that was quick, fitted sidelight bulb and no more error. :thumb2

May well be in touch soon about the fast start kit for the high beam, will have a run in the dark to see how effective the BMW led spots are first.

Cheers

Mark

Yet more good service..shiny light for the wife's f650gs. Cheers Les:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Thanks Les, that was quick, fitted sidelight bulb and no more error. :thumb2

May well be in touch soon about the fast start kit for the high beam, will have a run in the dark to see how effective the BMW led spots are first.

Cheers

Mark

LED good but not quite as good as HiD :thumb2

Just got back from HID50 HQ where Les installed a pair of foglight HIDs. They look absolutely fantastic. A perfect match for the HID headlights.

I'm a very happy Tosser :D

Thanks Les. :thumb

Never easy getting a good picture of HiDs there to bright :D

Great result though, glad your pleased :thumb2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 279
Not just pleased, They were a bloody life saver this morning on my comute to work through these Herefordshire country roads.

Pitch black when I set off at 0500hrs and when I set out and first switched them on, WOW! :eek: I've always bemoaned the fact that any light (dipped beam) is always undermined by a poor reflector and whereas the HIDs go a long way to improve the 1200's hopelessly OEM headlights there has always been those gaps in the spread which are purely down to the reflector! Well, with these auxillaries fitted that's a thing of the past. They are brilliant and dont just fill in the gaps but give a wider spread (as you would expect).

Well, on my way in this morning, due to the sprwead of the light, I caught a moving shadow in the offside hedgerow and (having hit a dog before and written off my previous GS) I immediately slammed on the brakes, thereby narrowly culling one of our local badgers. He was a big bugger too, so I have no doubts that if I hadn't seen him I'd have beehn off and in a lot of pain. :eek

Not only that but it would be extremely embarrising to be taken to hospital by some of my colleagues. :blast

So these lights are worth every penny and I cannot praise them enough. :clap

Thanks again Les, you're a saint. :D

MM

Thanks for the ballast bracket and LED sidelight bulb Les. Next day delivery:thumby:

I will be in touch re the auxilliary HIDs

Ballast playing electromagnetic games?

Hi,
my question might be a stupid one, in that case I'm sure someone will let me know :hide

I recently did the HID conversion (only for the dip beam) and placed the ballast underneath the bracket that holds the center of the front screen. That obviously locates it very close to the rev counter.

I now see something funny when I start the engine:
During the first seconds when the engine is at idle after start, the needle of the rev counter will still point at "0" but vibrate. Then, after say 3-4 sec. it jumps up to where I would expect it to be and function just nicely all the time when riding until next engine stop.

I have never noticed this before installing the HID, now it shows the described behavior every time I look. However, I can not be sure that it is not just a coincident.

Have to admit that I am not very knowledgeable with the electric bits and it might just be stupid to place the ballast where I did.
Anyway, I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me :augie

Thanks in advance.

I would move it, the EMF could be interfering, it does on the 1150 bikes if near the RID, and if you have a Chinese copy kit that could be a problem, my ballasts have a slightly thicker insulation than most kits to avoid these problems, but electrics is a funny beast.
Get one of my mounting brackets and put the ballast under the beak, sorted :thumb2

Hi Les,
thanks for the quick reply. I actually did not notice the strange behavior of the rev counter before yesterday.
I'll move the ballast before riding again. As it is only one in my case I still think I should be able to fasten it somewhere save and nicely. If that fails I'll get the bracket.

Was riding in the dark for the first time yesterday with the HID and, well, I should have bought it earlier :beerjug:

Hello Les.

Just bought a Yamaha Super Ténéré, (S10).

Have you supplied HID kit for this bike previously? One of the few problems with the S10 has been with some bikes having headlight wiring and lamp connectors melting, often I think when owners have upgraded the lamps. The standard lamps are rated at 55w each.

On HID's what is the actual power draw, 1) at strike; 2) sustained running for a) 35 watt units; b) 50 watt units? What is the heat output for each burner rating compared with 55w halogen lamps?

I'd like to install a pair of HID's but don't want to run the risk of cooking the wiring 200 miles from anywhere in Scotland on a cold dark night with no mobile phone signal:D A low temperature colour would be good. You supplied me a burner as a replacement in my 1150 which worked well, about 4k I seem to remember.

To be fair even the standard halogens are so much better than standard 1150GS lamps as there are two for both dip and head using what seems to be a solenoid controlled shutter system to mask the lamps on dip beam.

so how much is one of these kits (discounted to us)? R1200GS, dipped and main beam with a fast start ballast on the main beam, 55w on both...

Cheers,

Marc

Hello Les.

Just bought a Yamaha Super Ténéré, (S10).

Have you supplied HID kit for this bike previously? One of the few problems with the S10 has been with some bikes having headlight wiring and lamp connectors melting, often I think when owners have upgraded the lamps. The standard lamps are rated at 55w each.

On HID's what is the actual power draw, 1) at strike; 2) sustained running for a) 35 watt units; b) 50 watt units? What is the heat output for each burner rating compared with 55w halogen lamps?

I'd like to install a pair of HID's but don't want to run the risk of cooking the wiring 200 miles from anywhere in Scotland on a cold dark night with no mobile phone signal:D A low temperature colour would be good. You supplied me a burner as a replacement in my 1150 which worked well, about 4k I seem to remember.

To be fair even the standard halogens are so much better than standard 1150GS lamps as there are two for both dip and head using what seems to be a solenoid controlled shutter system to mask the lamps on dip beam.

I've recently installed one of Les's kits to a S10 for a long term customer.

I opted to fit the 35w kit with the ceramic core burners to eliminate as much heat as possible. They're utterly superb!
You'll need to get a little creative with mounting the ballasts though!

Back
Top Bottom