Road Ride

I'm sorry for anyone who missed the road ride,

I took over leading the ride at the 11th hour and was expecting a group of maybe 30 odd bikes, not the nearer to 60 who set off with us!!

Have you ever tried keeping a group that size together and on schedule? Not as easy as it sounds:eek:

Not an ideal situation and my apologies to everyone on the ride for the lack of organisation. I honestly thought we would have lost far more of a group that size before the first stop:D Well done everyone for sticking to the drop off system, especially those who had never used it before.

It would have made far more sense to split the ride into 2 or even 3 smaller groups but unfortunately there just weren't the volunteers available to do that,
So far the feedback from those who did make the ride has been good, thank you all for coming and thanks for putting up with the problems along the way:thumb2

Ian,it was my Puncture that started things unravelling :eek:.
As i said earlier,it was a credit to you for stepping in when the plans had to change and anyone sending flak in your direction is being unfair.There are lessons to be learned,you are right about Party numbers and to that end i am willing to put myself forward as a Lead for a Run next year.I have a few ideas about that and will be in contact with Bryn about them.

To all that went on the Road Tour,Thanks,and please come back for the Upgraded 2009 Version :thumb.

Ian,it was my Puncture that started things unravelling :eek:.
As i said earlier,it was a credit to you for stepping in when the plans had to change and anyone sending flak in your direction is being unfair.There are lessons to be learned,you are right about Party numbers and to that end i am willing to put myself forward as a Lead for a Run next year.I have a few ideas about that and will be in contact with Bryn about them.

To all that went on the Road Tour,Thanks,and please come back for the Upgraded 2009 Version :thumb.

DONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT ONE

http://www.stopngo.com/../../../motorcycle.asp

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Back on the road in less than twenty mins (I know coz I've used mine :blast:blast):thumb:thumb top bit of kit

Lost and Found Scotoiler 'Buff'

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for a great Rideout, and especially to the person who found my blue scotoiler neck warmer, I lost it somehow when i was stuffing my face with chocolate cake at the first tea stop:nod.
I only realised when we were about to leave just as I was putting my gloves on etc, I was quite annoyed with myself for dropping it:doh.
Later I was talking to a couple back at the site when they mentioned someone had found it and had put in on the back of their GS! so after 15 minutes of walking round the site looking at the back of lots of GS's I gave up, :( only to find that the person who found it, had put it on the way in to the camping field, on the gate post :JB I know they don't cost much but it did please me to get it back as it has sentimental value. Thanks once again to the person that helped me get it back.. Was it you?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for a great Rideout, and especially to the person who found my blue scotoiler neck warmer, I lost it somehow when i was stuffing my face with chocolate cake at the first tea stop:nod.
I only realised when we were about to leave just as I was putting my gloves on etc, I was quite annoyed with myself for dropping it:doh.
Later I was talking to a couple back at the site when they mentioned someone had found it and had put in on the back of their GS! so after 15 minutes of walking round the site looking at the back of lots of GS's I gave up, :( only to find that the person who found it, had put it on the way in to the camping field, on the gate post :JB I know they don't cost much but it did please me to get it back as it has sentimental value. Thanks once again to the person that helped me get it back.. Was it you?

If ya lost it at wetton mill cafe ???? then that would be me :thumb:thumb

Back
Top Bottom