After the adventure...

black1100

Reaction score
Our real adventure began:blast

We (phil + Lisa) left Marakesh early Sunday morning with the idea of making Tangiers by mid afternoon.

It wasn't to be:eek:

At around mid day my 1150 developed a fault with the front breaks, throwing me off at 75MPH down the motorway between Casablanca and Rabat. By some mirical all the cars missed me and my kit did a fantastic job, though i sustained a broken right collerbone in the initial fall.

The Moroccan health care system then kicked in as it took 6 hours to get me to the hospital that was 10 miles away.

Disaster tunrned to Farce when, whilst following the ambulance, lisa's engine went bang big time:spitfire

So what finally arrived at the hospital was an ambulance with me in the front, and lisa and 6 cases of luggage in the back:eek:

I'll cut it short from here... 2 days in a great hospital thanks to travel insurance, followed by 2 days getting me,lisa and knackerd bike back to Tangiers and over border (another story). BMW take bike off us and taxi us to Maliga from where we flew to Manachester on thursday.

So we left home with 2 BMWs and loads of luggage in september, returned last week with a box of pain killers and a couple of bags of dirty washing:(

Finally.. Bill... Thank you for hanging on in Morocco, and returning to rescue us from Casablanca. In our hour of need you came through:clap:clap:clap:clap

Brian.... you'll be getting a lot more than tyres from us when Bill arrives, he has all my panniers and kit too:blast

We heard about your adventures... although, the story we got was that Lisa's bike had let go and you went down trying to avoid her... I'm glad to hear that you're back in one (broken) piece though... I was thinking of "having an accident" myself when we missed our plane back... let the insurance company pay to get you home :rolleyes:
I take it Bill is dropping all your stuff off at my place?
If you're too indisposed to fetch it, I can always deliver... you're much too near The Beacon Hotel in Sedgley to resist:D
You can email me on brhaywood@ntlworld.com

Brian

We heard about your adventures... although, the story we got was that Lisa's bike had let go and you went down trying to avoid her

Bloody hell, chinese whispers at their best:blast

Will email you my addy and meet up at your place when Bill arrives:thumb2

Phil

Glad to see you got home at last, hope you heal quickly.
Regadrs Paul

Glad your on the mend I,m sure one day you will look back at this as an adventure.:eek:

Rgds Allan

All the best to the pair of ya :thumb

It was great to be in your company ... glad you got 'sorted' in the end :thumb2

:beerjug:

Attachments

• Phil & Lisa-1.jpg
    Phil & Lisa-1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 634
  • Phil & Lisa-2.jpg
    Phil & Lisa-2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 662
Micky, you made my day with those 2 pics, thank you:thumb2

Had the morbid thought that the 2nd one was almost the last one of us ever, but it wasn't, so better move on and enjoy what we have as much as we can:)

It was a pleasure getting to know you,and all the best for your future adventures. Can only hope "i'm having more fun than i should be" when i reach your (just past the first flush of youth) time of life:beerjug:

All the best,

Phil + Lisa

Hello Phil and Lisa,

I've just read about your "Adventure" and I'm glad you are fine.

Hope to see you sometime soon.

José

Back
Top Bottom