Gentlemen's Wee-Kend 5th to 7th June 2009

Thunder

Reaction score
Following on from the discussions on the aaahhh thread and speaking with Proff this morning it seemed like an idea to start a new thread with the details of the Airhead shaftie gathering next June.

Date: Friday the 5th to Sunday the 7th of June 2009.

Accommodation: Camping, local b&B's spaces for Wobblyboxes available.

Bikes: Airhead shaft-drives only!

Further details to follow! (When Proff finishes emptying his colostomy bag:eek:) :thumb

Confirm your attendance below!

Pencil me in, best check with my social secretary if I'm allowed out for a weekend though :eek: In a B & B or other non tent enviroment.

Best get the topbox sorted out :D

arent 2cvs shaft drive :augie. would love to come but i think i was born the wrong side of 1975 :handbag love the idea of ale airheads and cider :thumb2:beerjug:

arent 2cvs shaft drive :augie. would love to come but i think i was born the wrong side of 1975 :handbag love the idea of ale airheads and cider :thumb2:beerjug:

My son rides a 1981 R100cs, 2 years older than him.:eek
So come along old boy, get your airheads cobwebs removed :D

My son rides a 1981 R100cs, 2 years older than him.:eek
So come along old boy, get your airheads cobwebs removed :D

:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2 only reason its gathering cobwebs at the mo is the gear box is with voyager and drive shaft is in USofA. yup i am up for it. one space under a hedge please :beerjug: ( thats if i am brave enough to try the cider :hide) Bm

Count me in for camping please.

Non-snoring section as usual.

So if I can get that old nail of an R80/7 running ("Starts first time!") then I could come.

Where exactly is venue? Surely not all held on Proff's lumpy sloping garden?? No room for bikes or wobblyboxes and local pub is a bit small. For a National Event this could attract serious numbers which could easily overpower the venue.

Why not base event at Bettie Cottles just down the road? Only 5 minutes from Proff's place and perfect venue for a bike gathering. They have large camping area, plug-ins for wobbyboxes, a decent bunk house and even luxury B&B for the softies. Good food and good ales. Even the barmaids looked OK and that was before I'd had several pints of Stella.:)

I could help with a ride out on the Sat or Sun as area is local to me. Coffee stop at my place if you like as I have space for numerous bikes.

Why not base event at Bettie Cottles just down the road? Only 5 minutes from Proff's place and perfect venue for a bike gathering. They have large camping area, plug-ins for wobbyboxes, a decent bunk house and even luxury B&B for the softies. Good food and good ales.

This the place: http://www.bettycottles.co.uk/ :nenau

So if I can get that old nail of an R80/7 running ("Starts first time!") then I could come.

Where exactly is venue? Surely not all held on Proff's lumpy sloping garden?? No room for bikes or wobblyboxes and local pub is a bit small. For a National Event this could attract serious numbers which could easily overpower the venue.

Why not base event at Bettie Cottles just down the road? Only 5 minutes from Proff's place and perfect venue for a bike gathering. They have large camping area, plug-ins for wobbyboxes, a decent bunk house and even luxury B&B for the softies. Good food and good ales. Even the barmaids looked OK and that was before I'd had several pints of Stella.:)

I could help with a ride out on the Sat or Sun as area is local to me. Coffee stop at my place if you like as I have space for numerous bikes.

NOPE !!
The Barn at the farm where I keep my wobblybox is the venue for the workshop.
It's a stagger from our local pub. and my house, has electricity plenty of room and is under cover if it rains

I also prefer to drink in MY local, you know it's a good place and so what if it gets full, they'll cope :thumb2
We also have electric plug ins for wobblyboxes FOC !!!, PLUS a camping field IF we need it. 1 mile from farm. with River OKEMENT encircling it almost
50°48'54.09"N 4° 0'42.94"W on google earth

and we live by the crossroads at the A3072
My garden had 30 Rockers camping on it in 1990 and no one complained , 22 tents IIRC..
the outside loo will be recommissioned for the event.

It could be ok for B+B if I can't get local in the village...

Besides A30 rescue who are based at Betty cottles don't like me :rolleyes: I shopped them for ripping a broken down motorist off, to the tune of £1500....
Thats why I never go there...
Thats why they lost a lot of recovery work .

If anyone can post a google pic covering the three places mentioned, I'd appreciate it..

wobblybox barn is under 24 hour cctv surveilance and has feck off strong gates and locks...

Is this one ?

O YES :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2
You bringing Doughnuts ????

This is from the original thread that mooted this meeting of old fart type bikes>>

Bloody hell !!
This is gathering Impetus fast
Just got off phone to a "local" purveyor of parts to the airhead fraternity, and got quite a good response :clap
More details when and if finalised

I'm hoping the rebuilder of Kennys beautiful bike will be able to confirm his attendance also :thumb2

Looking good :rob

Also, as a lot of you know, I trailer my bikes to "Do's" because my infimity and the weather sometimes limits the amount I can physically ride.

Anyone who wishes to do the same to ours is free and encouraged to do so
No one will pisstake under pain of being force fed a Gallon of Autumn mix Scrumpy and pictures being posted World wide :D

To all you oilheads feeling left out :dabone:dabone:eh:eh
OR BUY A AIRHEAD

Proff do you really want to give details of where you keep your Wobble box and bikes at?
would you not be better PM'ing people the exact locations and leave rough locations in the thread

Back
Top Bottom