Langdale Quest

karnevil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This event will take place over the weekend of 12/13/14 June.
The owners of the site have planned us an 'Extra long way round' route of about 120 miles for the Saturday and provide Road Angel GPS navigation units so we will not be getting lost.Apparently there are more challenging routes for those so inclined!
The cost of the days activity is £20.00 per machine with a reduction of 10% if we get more than 10.

This activity needs to be pre booked so please hang off till we know how many want to attend then at least we will all be paying the same amount.

PEOPLE WHO WANT TO ATTEND SHOULD PM ME AND WHEN WE HAVE 10 OR MORE I WILL INFORM THOSE WANTING TO ATTEND THAT THEY SHOULD BOOK SO WE GET THE DISCOUNT.

http://www.langdalequest.co.uk/trailriding.html

Sunday we can take a run on some of the exellent roads available in the area,ride Heartbeat country,maybe even a trip on the North York Moors Railway where one can book a Sunday meal on one of their Pullman coaches.Visit Whitby and it's Abbey (meet Dracula!)Or just fish and chips on Scarborough Seafront.

www.nymr.co.uk/
www.discoveryorkshirecoast.com/scarborough-welcome-new.asp
www.blacksheepbrewery.co.uk/Default.aspx

Accomodation
We will be based in and around the picturesque North Yorkshire village of Levisham.I have contacted some highly recomended establishments and they are fully aware that they may well be recieving bookings from UKGSer members.All the accomodation sites are within 3 miles of the Horseshoe Inn
which serves exellent food and will be our base for the Saturday evening meal and get together.And for those worried about a drinkie or two the beer is from the Black Sheep Brewery in Masham.

There is a camp site 3 miles up the road for those wishing to spend the weekend under canvas.

Please book your own accomodation,but mention the UKGSer Langdale Quest weekend.The prices are in the region of £30-£35 PP PN Bed and Breakfast.

www.farfieldsfarm.co.uk/

www.levisham.com/

www.horseshoelevisham.co.uk/

www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=5487

I'm very keen to be involved, are the people and of course yourself sure the route is OK for GS type bikes? 120 miles is a long way off road or is this 120 miles of road/off road?

I'm very keen to be involved, are the people and of course yourself sure the route is OK for GS type bikes? 120 miles is a long way off road or is this 120 miles of road/off road?

Yes I am confident that the route will be suitable for the GS's.Below is a quote from the Langdale quest site owners email reply to my enquiry.

Considering the bikes you are riding (quite heavy machines I think?) I'd suggest doing our 'Extra Long Way route', this covers some interesting terrain, lots of gravel, some river crossings etc. The route covers approx 120 miles & should take around 6 hours ride time.

There are some muddy sections, but ones which are not too sticky as a loaded GS is no fun to recover!

Un-quote.

Langdale forest along with wykham,Dalby etc is huge there is a 40 mile rally stage in Dalby.

Yes I am confident that the route will be suitable for the GS's.Below is a quote from the Langdale quest site owners.

Considering the bikes you are riding (quite heavy machines I think?) I'd suggest doing our 'Extra Long Way route', this covers some interesting terrain, lots of gravel, some river crossings etc. The route covers approx 120 miles & should take around 6 hours ride time.

There are some muddy sections, but ones which are not too sticky as a loaded GS is no fun to recover!

Un-quote.
Langdale forest along with wykham,Dalby etc is huge there is a 40 mile rally stage in Dalby.

Good enough for me, I'm in:thumb2

Come on peeps, there is nothing going on in the North East of England next year so how about giving Karnevil some support.

I'm not sleeping with him on my own:eek:

I'll be up for this, but it will be on my Yammy WR250F.

Yes all legal, ride with the TRF. I'm no off road riding God so like to keep it very manageable!

If you do, will you try not to damage my bike riding over it when I fall off ?:)

The wife and I will be very interested in this one one our GSA

Great things are looking good for this event.
Do not forget as soon as we get 10 definates I will get in touch with Langdale quest and arrange a discount code for us to book

So far it looks like we have.(Feel free to add your name to the list)

karnevil.
Mort.
KMD.
stu650.
garfield.
Andres.
Scooby.(and his bro)

sounds great me & the wife will be there if we may, will have to get me honda plackie out, brush up on me off roading skills:D:

Great things are looking good for this event.
Do not forget as soon as we get 10 definates I will get in touch with Langdale quest and arrange a discount code for us to book

So far it looks like we have.(Feel free to add your name to the list)

karnevil.
Mort.
KMD.
stu650.
garfield.
Andres.
Scooby.(and his bro)
harryb (& Wife)

I recieved this today from a fellow member..............

Hi i am a member of a local Yorkshire motorcycle club. we organise enduros and rallys in and around the North Yorks Forest Complex .
At a club meeting last night we were told by one of our members who liases between ourselves and forest enterprise that Langdale Quest MAY have ceased trading , at the moment this is unconfirmed but it may be worth you checking before continuing to organise your event.
Hope it turns out to be unfounded
Cheers

I have looked at their web site and it states that they are on Christmas holiday untill the 15 January.I will contact them then to see how the land lies.

Andy.

Hi guys

I did work at Langdale Quest. I would advise, at present, that the site is closed.

I currently have no further details.

Back
Top Bottom