One Space Available

Denis Milne

Reaction score
Sorry for the late notice...
I'm fogged in in St Johns Newfoundland and I won't be home before Saturday at the earliest. I think it's only fair to offer the spot to someone else.

There is an upside (for me). I get one extra night, at least, in St J where the people are very friendly. The Irish connection is strong here, particularly the drinking culture :beer: And did I mention that the women were friendly? :thumb

Sliante
Denis

I'm fogged in in St Johns Newfoundland and I won't be home before Saturday at the earliest. I think it's only fair to offer the spot to someone else.

There is an upside (for me). I get one extra night, at least, in St J where the people are very friendly. The Irish connection is strong here, particularly the drinking culture :beer: And did I mention that the women were friendly? :thumb

Sliante
Denis

I dinnae mean this as a personal dig at you Denis but I hope a'b'dy that has cancelled late in the day remembers to square Johnny up for room deposits if their rooms havnae been taken.

I hope I managed to escape in time but I'm no' certain that I did...

Sliante
Denis

Lucky escape - ye were sharing wi' Garfield :ymca

Al :thumb2

Sliante
Denis

Been there many times Denis....have you been 'screeched' down in Duckworth St? Some great pubs and great people, would be an ideal starting point for a North American bike tour, good sea link to get the bike in etc:thumb Like you say...they all talk as if they are from Co Antrim...suppose Ireland is the nearest landfall. Is there still a direct flight to Heathrow or do you need to go to Halifax now? Had a few hairy moment in take off in blizzards at that wee airport....fond memories though, was last out in 2005 working with Hibernia (on-shore drilling support for tools we were runnig in their wells) but have worked with Husky and Petro-Canada in St J's as well.

Ronno - no probs mate, if nobody takes the room then HRH can owe me the difference :augie

Jazbee - no direct flight any more. Rather than 3 1/2 hours to London you now need to fly 3 hours, IN THE WRONG DIRECTION, to Toronto or New York and then 7 hours to Europe. The hot-spot now is George Street. Not as long as Rose Street, not as many bars, but twice as many Irish singers. It's awful. In fact I'm off there now. Purely in the interests of science you understand.

Back
Top Bottom