Do NOT test ride a GS

Test rode a GS yesterday and i was very impressed, only hit the horn twice :blast but after about 20 mins i had mastered it :clap after an hour the GS felt so right and i didnt want to hand it back :tears But i only have to wait until Saturday to pick my very own R1200GS SE :JB:JB

I take it you missed the post a few above that said i was aleady hitting horn and start buttons on Jap bikes after 2-3 days of GS ownership.......... so from that i would say its getting natural already and despite your suggestion i wont be buying a different bike but thanks for the recommendation anyway
:clap:beerjug::D

Tested 1200GS and GSA, wasn't really sure about the ride, trying to compare it to my MT01, hated the indicators, but loved the look of the bike (particularly the GSA), had to have one anyway, bought it, initially thought what have I gone and done:eek:, 8 days and 800 miles later I'm in love :) and the indicators feel fairly natural now, except for the trying to cancel quickly scenario but I'm sure in not much time it will be fine. I did use my MT01 a couple of days after getting the GSA and was trying to find the right indicator switch, so it's surprising how quickly you get used to what initally looks like a stupid system!! Biggest downside so far to the GSA...it's about 5 times wider than the MT01 and filtering feels like I'm going to put big scratches down car doors from the panniers...might be safer to drive over traffic rather than between it....

More to the point...when did you turn up....?

FFS, it's getting like a GUM Clinic in here....:blast

:eek:onyack

Wondered if you would still be about.................... see the newbie forum, but i've been afflicted with the GS bug finally a couple of weeks ago :thumb2

EnergizerBunny.jpg

:augie

I saw Jack out on the road on his Pan at about 6 o'clock tonight. Is he still VD'ing...?

Yes mate, i think he still visits the old place and also pops up on TRC as well from time to time where the rest of us expats went ;)

hi people, my name's vikram, im new here! well id been on aggressive sportsbikes for the last 5 years, was struggling to keep my sanity and lisence, test rode the gs for a DAY !!
(thans to cooper bmw in tonbridge) loved it !
so now i have an 08 gs with all the goodies
Love it!!

hi people, my name's vikram, im new here! well id been on aggressive sportsbikes for the last 5 years, was struggling to keep my sanity and lisence, test rode the gs for a DAY !!
(thans to cooper bmw in tonbridge) loved it !
so now i have an 08 gs with all the goodies
Love it!!

another convert:) welcome aboard dude:thumb

I ordered in London and bought a maxed out GS 1200 Adventure by mobile phone from a Romanian hotel room without ever having even sat on one let alone ridden one.

I flew home to London to pick it up the next day.. after a wobbly 15 minutes I have since done around 11,000 miles on the thing across maybe 20 countries.

I now know I will never ride anything else.. period.

I don't even look at other bikes any more.. I don't even want to talk about them.. I have no interesting at all in any other bike. because I know I have in my possession probably the best bike on the planet. except maybe another new model GS1200 Adv in a few years..

I've ridden most about anything you can name.. but now I am now BMW for life.

Game over...:cool:

PS. The switches and stuff took some getting used to.. could ever find the horn in a hurry or get to the full beam quickly when I needed it.. now they are all second nature so I have no gripes at all. I don't even know how heavy it is either and have learned to lift it up from a fully laying down position quite easily... once you get your balance and confidence sorted this thing is as nimble as hell.

I have to admit, bought my bike private and the chap said do you wanna go for a test ride. No thanks was my reply and handed the mullah over.

First bike i saw although i had options on other F8GS's, best move i've made in 10-years.

I confess that having passed my test last year with BMW (Mid Life Crisis), my first and only bike is a 1150 GS, only having ridden the test centres' bikes (CB125 for CBT and new 650bmw for course and test). Never rode a GS-or anything else, as too nervous as a new rider to ask for a demo on anything. Love my bike, done 3000 miles since purchase in December. Biker friends say its a big heavy lump, but I know no different. Safe riding.

I confess that having passed my test last year with BMW (Mid Life Crisis), my first and only bike is a 1150 GS, only having ridden the test centres' bikes (CB125 for CBT and new 650bmw for course and test). Never rode a GS-or anything else, as too nervous as a new rider to ask for a demo on anything. Love my bike, done 3000 miles since purchase in December. Biker friends say its a big heavy lump, but I know no different. Safe riding.

big heavy planted Jagd panzer:cool: cant feckin beat em:cool:

Uhm.. I am the opposite I got a 24 hour test ride around the twisty island roads of Majorca. Was going to hire an XT660 but my mate who has a KTM 640 said he wanted a go on the F800GS so I hired that instead. I have always been a traille fan but mainly 2 strokes (with a bit of Honda NSR400 chucked in) except for a spell with KLX600.

That one day has left me totaly smitten, I just want one everything else is a haze. I like everything about it and I have never been on a big superbike before so I found it plenty powerful enough for me, in fact I love the power delivery of it, will just need to get a bit better going round corners on it. Will be a challenge to take it off road though as 2 strokes are way lighter and smaller.

Anyone got any tips as a good place to get a new one from, I am in Cheshire.

All the best
Mat

Uhm.. I am the opposite I got a 24 hour test ride around the twisty island roads of Majorca. Was going to hire an XT660 but my mate who has a KTM 640 said he wanted a go on the F800GS so I hired that instead. I have always been a traille fan but mainly 2 strokes (with a bit of Honda NSR400 chucked in) except for a spell with KLX600.

That one day has left me totaly smitten, I just want one everything else is a haze. I like everything about it and I have never been on a big superbike before so I found it plenty powerful enough for me, in fact I love the power delivery of it, will just need to get a bit better going round corners on it. Will be a challenge to take it off road though as 2 strokes are way lighter and smaller.

Anyone got any tips as a good place to get a new one from, I am in Cheshire.

All the best
Mat

As you boys are so happy with the wonders of the GS anyone want to buy buy 57 plate GSA with 3960mls on it? go on you know you want one £9500 white and black PM if interested.:blagblah

Had my 1150 for a month now. I rode an r80gs for a couple of hours in 1989 before a friend rode it to australia, and I've wanted one ever since. Finally bought one, turned up, took it round the block just to check all the bits worked and then paid money and rode it home. It's been a hugely entertaining month since then.

J.

Back
Top Bottom