Langdale Quest Plan B

I will be booking in here
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=5487&map=on

Be good to know who else is staying over and where?

Bill has contacted me and he is still willing to lead us on our trip.

I really hope this comes off as I could do wiyh the boost.

Dont leave it too long if your thinking of booking camping space, camp sites in North Yorks seem to be having a bumper season, local tv reported no spaces available last weekend.

Knock Knock any one there????

Right chaps new tent so I definatley coming. I am planning to start Friday am visit some track I fancy then Spurn Point then all places up to the camp site. Will book site mid week. Anyone want to joint me on Friday.

where are we all

I have booked in at Pugsley's suggested camp site Marfit Head Y18 7NR for Fri & Sat £4 per night STU is at Rectory Farmhouse B&B YO18 7NL 3miles from the Marfit head camp site.

I have searched for the Horseshoe Inn discribed by Stu, this appears to be at Humandby YO14 0PU and it seems to be 28 miles away from the Rector B&B, is this the correct Pub. If we could supply post codes or address of places of stay we would know where we all are.

Coming on the 1200 GS on Touramnces will this be OK for tracks we are using I have no crash bars at present. Looking for a weekend of riding to suit the bike. Comments please, no not that type.

I have booked in at Pugsley's suggested camp site Marfit Head Y18 7NR for Fri & Sat £4 per night STU is at Rectory Farmhouse B&B YO18 7NL 3miles from the Marfit head camp site.

I have searched for the Horseshoe Inn discribed by Stu, this appears to be at Humandby YO14 0PU and it seems to be 28 miles away from the Rector B&B, is this the correct Pub. If we could supply post codes or address of places of stay we would know where we all are.

Coming on the 1200 GS on Touramnces will this be OK for tracks we are using I have no crash bars at present. Looking for a weekend of riding to suit the bike. Comments please, no not that type.

I will be on Tourances to as well as two up. As for suggested site that would be Karnevils Idea so ya cant blame me if it's crap :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: We should be arriving no later than 8 pm hopefully. What type of ride out is it ???????????

The Horseshoe Inn is in Levisham - website here -
http://www.horseshoelevisham.co.uk/

Postcode is YO18 7NL

What are the arrangements for meeting up, is anything arranged yet?

Stu

We all want to eat together

If karnevil is happy, as he started the trip and has done some contacting locally(ie Ride Route) If the campers went to the Marfit Head Farm Site we could arrange a taxi down to the pub and back and share. I will ring the pub and ask
Hunter

Taxi from Marfit Camp site

KARNEVIL'S party, we must remeber he is the instigator

We could ,the campers arrange for a taxi from the camp site and back shared, helped if we are all at the same site I am willing to change if anyone has a preference. Marfit Head Farm is only 3 miles fron the Horseshoe at levisham I have rung the Horse Inn at Levisham as STU directed, they could not advise of a taxi service yet but later when some other people come to the bar she may be able to let me know. I have just been trying the camp site but they are engaged ( for 10 Min) they m,ay run us the short distance i n a (landrrover) for some reward.

Booking meals at the Horseshoe Levisham
The girl Kath who I have just spoken to says book meals by the 9th-19th June for the weekand as they get busy, and if there are few of us maybe 10 we should

Arrival time
I would arrive and pitch, 5.00 ish wash change drink tea could walk to the pub 3 miles 1 hour (bloody hell I can hear you say)
Some may arrive say 6.00 to 8.00 we could book a meal for 8 o 'clock

Not, as I have said before wishing to go over KNAREVIL haed (he is probaly bigger than I )

I will start an arrival list below

Hunter (John) Area arrival time FRIDAY camp site 4.00 to 5.00 pm Pub for meal 7.00/7.30

We could check all riders in for near final times on Monday 8th. Will check camp site for taxi they are still engaged.

Remember will fall in line if other arrangments have already been made

HUNTER

Two posts

Sorry for the two posts on the same subject, lost the first thought I'd erased it, must have posted it.

Are we booking meals for both nights ??? or just sat. When I booked with the campsite , she said there is a local taxis service available I think.

Friday Meal

I am happy to eat in the tent on Friaday to keep the cost down if others wish then ride down for one drink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????
Oh well

Hi All.
Clubbing together for and sharing a taxi is fine by me.Some nice fish and chip shops around Pickering and Thornton so Friday not too much of a problem for me.
As yet I have not been able to confirm with Bill a suitable meeting place and time.
Gonna E mail him Now

Please dont forget we will need to All make a donation for Bills time and petrol

I suggest £10 each?The trip with Langdale quest wouls have been £20 so I think thats a bargain?

CALLING ALL CAMPERS

Hi.Just been speaking with the Lady from Marfitt Campsite.
Could I please have a list of Surnames of people who are going to camp so she can put us all together.

I am really looking forward to this now.

I think my life is taking an up turn,We had some overtime last week with three 12 hour days :thumb

Hi.Just been speaking with the Lady from Marfitt Campsite.
Could I please have a list of Surnames of people who are going to camp so she can put us all together.

I am really looking forward to this now.

I think my life is taking an up turn,We had some overtime last week with three 12 hour days :thumb

we are booked under Beach for 2 people. Please count us in.

Not camping but will be eating Saturday night. Depending on times I might nip back home after the ride and come back in the car, if so I'm happy to ferry up to 4 between the campsite and pub.