HOGRAOST UNPLUGGED

Still trying to work out how to strap a snare drum to the back of the bike :blast:blast

I'll suss it out don't worry :D

Still trying to work out how to strap a snare drum to the back of the bike :blast:blast

I'll suss it out don't worry :D

Put it in a box and post it to me by thursday and i'll make sure its there at the weekend then I can post it back to you next week:thumb2

I've been looking at those chair/box type drums, i've seen them at a couple of gigs and they sound great:thumb2

Shep

If fire breathing is allowed........ I know many frown upon it as it can cause death instantly if done incorrectly.

... In your case I'm sure we can make an exception :augie :D

The moment is almost upon us

... Based on the number of PMs I've had and the growing number of responses to this thread it should be <STRIKE> the last desperate throes of a bunch of aging wannebees</STRIKE> an entertaining evening :clap

... It's all about collaboration, co-operation and grin-factor :aidan

... If everyone is true to their word we could even be over-subscribed. So kick-off will likely be ASAP after Elvis has finished his elvising

... Apologies in advance if not everyone gets to play every song they know, but we'll do our best to make sure everyone who wants too gets their shot to join in

... Participants ...

... Once all the tent erection and blowing up of beds is done, come to the marquee around tea time and we'll get to organising the gear. Please leave the 'stage' clear until we know what and how many we've got to play with

... Fret :)D) ye not, Shep & I will get you all sorted :thumb

... I thangyew :clap

I would like to post that Rosie is a good guitar player and if she's 'alcoholically lubricated' enough and approached in a nice way by someone she knows, might be 'encouraged' to go up and play.....but I can't 'cos if she saw this, I'd be dead :augie

PS If I don't turn up, please send Grapes and cake to the intensive care unit in Colchester General :D

Put it in a box and post it to me by thursday and i'll make sure its there at the weekend then I can post it back to you next week:thumb2

I've been looking at those chair/box type drums, i've seen them at a couple of gigs and they sound great:thumb2

Shep

I will need it for a gig saturday night (it's my spare and I've fallen foul of not having a spare in the past :blast:blast:blast). I'll get it on the bike one way or another. Will just have a snare, snare stand and a set of brushes (not that I have any idea how to play with brushes, but they are quiter and will therefore make for easier listening :thumb).

The boxes are called a cajon and they are brill (but dear :eek:). I'm sure you could build one good enough to this kind of thing for feck all. It's just a snare wire behind a plank of thin wood :thumb

John (Bede) & Shep

I will bring Patrick with his acoustic & electric guitars - he'll be up for a solo spot as well as jamming along with anyone else who wants some backing - he is a bloody good guitarist ETISSM.

I was going to bring my collection of gob irons (in different keys) in order to give any blues that lonesome feeling.

Do you want me to bring bass guitar? wasn't going to, but can if required and can jam along with pretty much anything as usually play by ear.

What about mics, amps, leads, mic stands etc.

Cheers - Phil

Hi Phil

I think I may be wrong but I sort of remember somebody saying it was going to be an open mic/accoustic/song circle sort of affair:nenau

I'm just bringing all my kit, the Bede is bringing his bits and bobs as well.

I don't think there will be a PA available in the tent so I think a more personal friendly atmosphere will be what we are working towards.

Bring whatever you've got we don't have to use it all and I don't think you can have too much, I suppose a mic would be handy his year:augie :D

Shep

I dont know when Austin Vince is turning up but he is good on the gob iron and as a matter of courtesy should be made aware of this wonderful sounding evening's entertainment. Who is in contact with him?

Hi Phil

I think I may be wrong but I sort of remember somebody saying it was going to be an open mic/accoustic/song circle sort of affair:nenau

I'm just bringing all my kit, the Bede is bringing his bits and bobs as well.

I don't think there will be a PA available in the tent so I think a more personal friendly atmosphere will be what we are working towards.

Bring whatever you've got we don't have to use it all and I don't think you can have too much, I suppose a mic would be handy his year:augie :D

Shep

Cheers Shep

OK - the boy will bring his Ovation acoustic geytar and I'll bring a gob iron or two along. If there's no PA, is there any point bringing a mic?

Cheers Shep

OK - the boy will bring his Ovation acoustic geytar and I'll bring a gob iron or two along. If there's no PA, is there any point bringing a mic?

Ah, I have been corrected, there is a PA in the tent, so bring what you have and we'll use what we have got gathered. The more mics leads and amps the better :thumb2

There seems to be a nice little selection of performers gathering so it should be a laugh if nothing else:thumb2

Shep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harvey Bakerstein Presents: -

HOGRAOST UNPLUGGED - 2009
An acoustic extravaganza where we invite Tossers to entertain other Tossers
Friday night - Hograost - 3rd July 2009

Strum What You Brung – Song Circle

… Amuse and delight your friends,
… Put the smile back on the Hog,
… Garner the accolades and adulation of your hograost heroes,

We need players and performers of things entertaining. The more the merrier: -
… Can you play an instrument, or sing us a song?
… Do you have a short and witty piece of stand-up repartee to share with the your fellow raosters?
… Can you do magic, or juggle, or acrobatics?
… Are you prepared to work naked?

PRIMA DONNA FREE FORMAT
For 2009 we are going to run in an open "song circle"
(Wot was tried most succesfully in Shropshire this year)
All comers sit in and join in. Novices, the nervous, the polished and the professional all jammin' together

No prior experience, nor even talent, required . Shep & The Bede will compere.

Post your talent and availability on this thread here in the HogRaost forum.

Basically: -If you can strum it, pick it, bang it, pluck it, show it, blow it, sing it or hum it...
BRING IT
Hello - new to forum and club etc ... am planning on coming Friday, equipped with several badly behaved children, a number of 'loose women' and various other 'hangers on' (oh and a scruffy dog that allways insists upon pissing up the tent poles - even before the're erect) is there going to be space for us all - as we have not pre-booked?? Thanks Andy

Hello - new to forum and club etc ... am planning on coming Friday, equipped with several badly behaved children, a number of 'loose women' and various other 'hangers on' (oh and a scruffy dog that allways insists upon pissing up the tent poles - even before the're erect) is there going to be space for us all - as we have not pre-booked?? Thanks Andy

Back
Top Bottom