HOGRAOST UNPLUGGED

The Bede

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harvey Bakerstein Presents: -

HOGRAOST UNPLUGGED - 2009
An acoustic extravaganza where we invite Tossers to entertain other Tossers
Friday night - Hograost - 3rd July 2009

Strum What You Brung – Song Circle

… Amuse and delight your friends,
… Put the smile back on the Hog,
… Garner the accolades and adulation of your hograost heroes,

We need players and performers of things entertaining. The more the merrier: -
… Can you play an instrument, or sing us a song?
… Do you have a short and witty piece of stand-up repartee to share with the your fellow raosters?
… Can you do magic, or juggle, or acrobatics?
… Are you prepared to work naked?

PRIMA DONNA FREE FORMAT
For 2009 we are going to run in an open "song circle"
(Wot was tried most succesfully in Shropshire this year)
All comers sit in and join in. Novices, the nervous, the polished and the professional all jammin' together

No prior experience, nor even talent, required . Shep & The Bede will compere.

Post your talent and availability on this thread here in the HogRaost forum.

Basically: -If you can strum it, pick it, bang it, pluck it, show it, blow it, sing it or hum it...
BRING IT

Can we please ensure that all fruit thrown this year is fresh and edible, thanks:thumb2

Shep

I have some experience of performing butt-nekkid in front of a large gathering but that's another story. Nobody wants that to happen again, of that I'm certain. Even the Mrs. turns off the light nowadays. :nenau

Thanks I less thing to worry about :thumb

thats such a Great help,

also thanks to Motorhead for sorting out a Sunday speaker in the shape of Mr Travel guide Austin Vince.

Keep it comming :thumb

Thanks I less thing to worry about :thumb

thats such a Great help,

also thanks to Motorhead for sorting out a Sunday speaker in the shape of Mr Travel guide Austin Vince.

Keep it comming :thumb

Will he be bringing Lois along too?

Patrick (pint6x offspring) is threatening to come along..........

Can we please ensure that all fruit thrown this year is fresh and edible, thanks:thumb2

Shep

Feck that, I would hope that this event attracts a better class of heckler that pops down to the bakery first. If I manage to attend, I would like pasties thrown at me please :D:D:D

Calling any drummers out there

... Enjoyed a great little pub jam the other night, just the sort of all-inclusive, interactive endeavour that I would like to achieve for the Hoggy on friday night, also as was demonstrated at Syco's frost-fest back in January :guitarist

... Wot was specially fun was the drummer who joined the jam, not with a full kit, he just bought a high-hat and snare along (almost loadable on a lardy GS) and did a sterling job of percussioning :drums

... Any drummers out there fancy making a similar contribution at Hograost ? :nenau

... Gettin' your guitars tuned, adding the missing strings, practicing yer moves in front of the bathroom mirror :nenau

... Great I thought so :thumb

... Friday Night is talent night, bring yer banjo and a sense of humour.

... Feck Health & Safety, artistes will NOT be required to don Hi-Vis*

... *It makes them too much of a target!

... Friday night is talent night :thumb

... I hope we get the vocal talents of Woody and there are hidden talents such as Slimbo, Woody who should feel moved to enter into the spirit of things.

... Shep & Pint7X - Bring yer charts from last year and stands, it'll give us a basis for a jam (a la Shropshire). Philip, don't forget to bring Patrick!

... Flipfly - be there fella!

... Format: -
- Elvis will be elvising in the Bar early evening
- Players can set-up as and when in the tent
- I am arranging loan of a few extra mic's and stands to supplement Bakes' PA. But still bring what you can, including extra instruments, amps, mics, DIs etc. I'll bring a 'loan' guitar for the distant travellers.

- Reverse the order a bit from last year.
- Any solo turns to open up after Elvis, prolly kick-off 9pm ish (Bakes - I hope your son will take the opportunity to entertain us again)
- Anyone can sit in, it's all about spontaneous creativity and collaboration
- Ending with song-circle / Jam as more players sit-in.
- I hope this will encourage players to hold onto some of their crowd pleasers for the later drinkers, who will no doubt feel compelled to join in vocally, jamboree stylee

... A good time will be had by all, looking forward to it :friday

Me too

I'll try to get there. Hopefully without trapping my finger in the van door on the way down. Bugger that hurt:eek

... Shep & Pint7X - Bring yer charts from last year and stands, it'll give us a basis for a jam (a la Shropshire). Philip, don't forget to bring Patrick!

Are you going to be "chemically refreshed" again??? :spl1f:

I am up for a spot of fire breathing combined with really poor comedy.
If fire breathing is allowed........ I know many frown upon it as it can cause death instantly if done incorrectly.

as it's you that would get snuffed out. :augie
cant see there being a problem ;)

I am up for a spot of fire breathing combined with really poor comedy.
If fire breathing is allowed........ I know many frown upon it as it can cause death instantly if done incorrectly.

I'm prepared to let you risk it :aidan

Anyone gonna bring some sheets of words to songs?

I'll sing some if I've got an aide memoir:augie

Back
Top Bottom