Run to Kesh (Friday 3rd)

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Finally, details of the much discussed Friday run to Kesh :aidan

For anyone based around Dublin or arriving on a ferry that morning you might be interested in joining a few of us for the run up to Kesh with a couple of Photo Rally locations thrown in for free :thumb2

We'll be leaving from the Texaco at Ballydowd, Lucan where you should fill your tank & empty your bladder ;)
The station's after Liffey Valley and just before the Foxhunter Pub. The waypoint is N53 21.533 W6 25.097

Due to a couple of factors, not least being ferry arrival times, we won't be departing until 14.00. The route will be mainly minor roads.
We'll be heading roughly Celbridge, Photo Rally point 9, Longwood, Photo Rally point 7, Castlepollard, Photo Rally point 5, Ballinamore, Photo Rally point 22, Enniskillen & into Kesh.

The run is about 3.5 hours riding time plus stops of about 10 minutes at each of the four Photo Rally points and a comfort stop for a cuppa, probably in Ballinamore.
I plan to be in Kesh for about 19.00, just in time for a quick shower and a bite to eat before partaking of a few pints of the black stuff :beer:

If anyone's arriving into Dunlaoghaire on the Stena Explorer at 12.24 we'll have a reception committee in the shape of Bin Ridin on hand to guide you across to Lucan. If anyone's arriving into Dublin Port either by Stena or Irish Ferries let me know & we'll see if we can get you 'met' too.

Right, see youse Friday week :JB :bounce1 :JB

Im There!:bounce1:bounce1

If anyone's arriving into Dunlaoghaire on the Stena Explorer at 12.24 we'll have a reception committee in the shape of Bin Ridin on hand to guide you across to Lucan. If anyone's arriving into Dublin Port either by Stena or Irish Ferries let me know & we'll see if we can get you 'met' too.

Awww thats nice! :clap Is he going to stand outside the ferry terminal with a big sign saying "Tossers" - I Think he should! :aidan

If anyone's arriving into Dunlaoghaire on the Stena Explorer at 12.24 we'll have a reception committee in the shape of Bin Ridin on hand to guide you across to Lucan.
Typical youre a day tooooooooo late:blast

If anyone's arriving into Dublin Port either by Stena or Irish Ferries let me know & we'll see if we can get you 'met' too.

Hi Jockser.....

If you're finding it difficult to get someone to meet riders from Dublin Port let me know. I'll meet them.

Cheers

Brian

Ravenbyrne said:
If you're finding it difficult to get someone to meet riders from Dublin Port let me know. I'll meet them.

Good man, ta :thumb2
Nobody 'registered' yet but that could change.

have you a rough idea what time you will be in pollard at.
would like to meet thee and go for the spin to kesh and home after:augie:augie

would like to meet thee and go for the spin to kesh and home after:augie:augie

You not going to the Kesh Weekend Frank?

Wouild have been interested in joining in with the mob but I'm going to be in Derry rather than Dublin so it'll have to be a quick blast around Donegal on my way to Kesh.

By the way Frank I owe you some money if my memory serves me right. How much and who do you trust me to give it to?:augie

Not before 16.00 - leave at 14.00, 90 mins riding + 2 Photo stops :thumb2
Coming onto the R395 just before C'pollard & heading out the bog road (R394) to Finnea. Say opposite the Supervalu (or whatever that shop is) on that road :bounce1

We arrive at Larne 06:00 Friday.
What's the trip down to Dublin like?

Thinking we could travel down leisurely during the morning then meet at 14:00 Hrs.

T

Leisurely is right, it is 3hrs max from Larne to Lucan... You can fit is a lot on the way. Google Newgrange / Knowth...

Thinking we could travel down leisurely during the morning then meet at 14:00 Hrs.

T

Trev, could I respectfully suggest you head in the opposite direction - the m'way to Dublin is a pain & you'd effectively be doing 2 sides of a triangle to get to Kesh. Much better to head around the North Antrim Coast Road as far as Derry & then head inland to Kesh. Full details here.

Trev, could I respectfully suggest you head in the opposite direction - the m'way to Dublin is a pain & you'd effectively be doing 2 sides of a triangle to get to Kesh. Much better to head around the North Antrim Coast Road as far as Derry & then head inland to Kesh.

Trev, here is a route for you to consider. It doesn't look very long at 180 miles, but will be a good, full day's riding on some great roads and in lovely scenery.

Attachments

• Larne-Ferry-Kesh.gdb
    126.8 KB · Views: 92
Not before 16.00 - leave at 14.00, 90 mins riding + 2 Photo stops :thumb2
Coming onto the R395 just before C'pollard & heading out the bog road (R394) to Finnea. Say opposite the Supervalu (or whatever that shop is) on that road :bounce1

sound see ya there :thumb

You not going to the Kesh Weekend Frank?

Wouild have been interested in joining in with the mob but I'm going to be in Derry rather than Dublin so it'll have to be a quick blast around Donegal on my way to Kesh.

By the way Frank I owe you some money if my memory serves me right. How much and who do you trust me to give it to?:augie

no peter afraid i cannot stay in kesh,:blast its got something to do with a dress being collected on saturday morning for an wedding:beer::beer: i have to go to on the following wednesday.:augie
if it gives you a hint whose wedding it is, i am banned from riding off road for the last 2 weeks:blast:blast in case i break a leg before she get me hooked up:augie:augie
if you give that money to any of the usual suspects (jockser aidan or flash) i will see them on the kerry run.
i had forgot about that altogether 20euros i think but all donations gratefully accepted

no peter afraid i cannot stay in kesh,:blast its got something to do with a dress being collected on saturday morning for an wedding:beer::beer: i have to go to on the following wednesday.:augie
if it gives you a hint whose wedding it is, i am banned from riding off road for the last 2 weeks:blast:blast in case i break a leg before she get me hooked up:augie:augie
if you give that money to any of the usual suspects (jockser aidan or flash) i will see them on the kerry run.
i had forgot about that altogether 20euros i think but all donations gratefully accepted

CONGRATULATIONS:confused::aidan

T

Trev,

If you want to travel over to Derry I'm meeting up with Neil and doing a meander around Donegal. Might be interesting.

Attachments

• Bushmills to Kesh.gdb
    63.1 KB · Views: 92

Back
Top Bottom