Who are we meeting and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaz

Reaction score
Getting close now, so think its probably about time we started to arrange some rendezvous points for the start of the trip!

So, you all know that the official starting place of the trip is at the Green Welly Shop in Tyndrum on Saturday morning. Who is going to be there and who wants to meet up on route? (and where on route?)

Where?

The ferry into Stranraer is arriving @0930.
From the list there is 3 from Ireland.

We`re going to be ahead of you guys, so i was thinking that we push on to Cairngaan, and meet there ? (Breakfast on route of course:rolleyes:)

Wookie / Marthas.... what do you guys think... (i`m easy :thumb)

The ferry into Stranraer is arriving @0930.
From the list there is 3 from Ireland.

We`re going to be ahead of you guys, so i was thinking that we push on to Cairngaan, and meet there ? (Breakfast on route of course:rolleyes:)

Wookie / Marthas.... what do you guys think... (i`m easy :thumb)

Sounds good to me. I'd rather wait at Cairngaan than at the Ferryport.

Charlie: are you still planning on making a GPS waypoint list beforehand? If not I'll have a go at putting in the main stop points (although I'm not sure exactly where some are :nenau )

Oi Chas!

I'll meet you at the road end

Bike22ndjune014.jpg

That sounds good to me, we'll meet up with you guys at Cairngaan for scones, probably early afternoon. I have done the route on mapsource with the help of Wully but unfortunately it's on my laptop which is now fecked!!

I'm having to type this message via iPhone as it is, however I will retrieve the route before long and get it to all who want it before the trip.

Wully I'll meet you at the big finger

Whit aboot the rest of yeez?

Where

Charlie,
I'll be leaving fae Forfar, going via Perth, however, I can easily change this route to meet up with anyone heading from this neck o the woods. What time you aiming to be at the Welly? Still no got the new tent yet:eek:at this rate I'll be sleeping in my Bivvy Bag:blast

Charlie,
I'll be leaving fae Forfar, going via Perth, however, I can easily change this route to meet up with anyone heading from this neck o the woods. What time you aiming to be at the Welly? Still no got the new tent yet:eek:at this rate I'll be sleeping in my Bivvy Bag:blast

Thinking the Green Welly at 9am, to leave at no later than 9.30am, that should get us at our rendezvous point in Cairngaan to meet up with the other guys for early afternoon, about 2ish I estimate:D We then have to travel further south of Cairngaan to reach our first compass point so by the time we get aquainted and all that we should be leaving Cairngaan at no later than 3ish which is another couple of hours from Castle Douglas if you go via Kirkcudbright (for a nosey). Should get us at the campsite with tents up in time for tea:D:clap

Rendezvous Points

So on the first day I will be meeting up with a couple of riders from my off point, then rendezvouing with Wully and Fruitcake on-route at their road end.

Another rendezvous in Oban for a couple of riders then off ot the Green Welly for 9am.

Leave the Welly by 9.30am and meet up with the other riders at Cairngaan early to mid afternoon.

Then meet up with the remaining riders at Castle Douglas itself.

Anyone want another wee rendezvous point put on that route or is that the plan:nenau

So on the first day I will be meeting up with a couple of riders from my off point, then rendezvouing with Wully and Fruitcake on-route at their road end.

Another rendezvous in Oban for a couple of riders then off ot the Green Welly for 9am.

Leave the Welly by 9.30am and meet up with the other riders at Cairngaan early to mid afternoon.

Then meet up with the remaining riders at Castle Douglas itself.

Anyone want another wee rendezvous point put on that route or is that the plan:nenau

I'll be heading from the Forth Road Bridge around the bypass and the all the way to the end of the A702 onto the A713 (Lovely ride alongside loch Ken to Castle Douglas. Is anyone else coming down from my way? After that run i might need a :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom