Wow!

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What can I say?

It was a GREAT get together.:):):)

I was a bit worried that we had promised too much and maybe people would be disapointed. Last week it looked like a disaster as the workshop was still unfinished with lots still to do.

On Thursday the power to the barn went off, then the water pressure dried up, then the outside toilet blocked up. Fortunately, it all came good at the last minute.

So many great memories of fantastic people, most of whom I'd never met before but became great friends very quickly.:)

Thanks to Proff for thinking up the idea in the first place. Our respective good ladies did us proud and it is wonderful so get so many posts and pm's appreciating their hard work.

I thought Proff was mad when I saw how much food he had ordered and I thought it was far too much. Amazingly almost all of it got eaten over the weekend. ALL the curry went despite there being enough to feed an army of 100.

Thanks to Jaber for helping to make up the oil drum BBQ to go with the cheating gas one.

Thanks to Bakerman for taking over and running the cooking on the BBQs along with my neighbour Nigel who did the B&B for Phil and Mike. How many B&Bs come with free Bentley limo service?

Thanks to Kev and Rob who worked on gearbox hours before I'd managed to get out of bed on Saturday morning.

Big thanks to Peter from Sherlock's who turned up to deliver parts on Saturday morning to many people and then took further orders and came back again later with further supplies despite the torrential rain.

Thanks to Tarka for NOT putting my cat on the BBQ (please post up the pics).:D

To Geriatic Germ who I caught half naked in my bedroom with my wife.:eek: He told me he was tryingto get into her underwear.;) Moments later he appeared "on stage" and he was indeed wearing her underwear. You had to be there to believe it.:D

Amazed that Oggy had just bought his bike day before and manged to get here.

So many geat memories and a brilliant weekend.

Thanks to Kenny for not sueing me after I tried to kill him with my KTM.

Considering so many old bikes were in my shed it is perhaps surprising that not one drop of oil with spilled on my new floor. Plenty of other things were dropped mostly by Thunder on Friday night...

We must do this again next year.:)

I was horrified when we calculated the total costs of over £850 but thanks to the marvellous generosity of all in attendance we fully cover the costsand made a surplus of over £200. I will post exact figures later when everything is finalised. Hopefully, everyone was happy with the value with good food, fine ales/cider and free Devon cream teas.:)

Thanks to everyone who came for a great Wee-kend.

Now how do I get rid of the smell of wee from my barn?:D:D:D

What can I say?

Now how do I get rid of the smell of wee from my barn?:D:D:D

Sid, It's been really interesting watching this whole thing come together and TBH with you and Proff working together it wasn't ever likely to fail .:)

Wish I'd been there but well done for the entertainment and pisstaking opportunities that it's given us from the outside, in addition to the thanks that you're going to/have received from guys who were there...it certainly sounds like you all did a bloody god job :thumb2

Now, next year, Is it ok If Rosie and I turn up on a 'borrowed' airhead? I know this bloke in Birken head ya see :augie

Thank you Sid.
I'll be there next year and I'll know to bring less camping stuff that I won't need or use due to your excellent hospitality, and more monkeyjuice and a bigger appetite instead (although in fairness, I did eat like a pig. Well, more like a pig plus half a lamb plus a small side salad and about a gallon of curry. I never thought we'd get trough all that food. :drool ).

And great news that we managed to raise a bob or two as well. :clap

Sid, top job that man :clap

Thanks for letting me scare the crap out of my dad on the quad, I haven't laughed so much for ages :D:D:D

You're a very lucky boy with a lovely family, looking forward to next year :thumb

Me Scared.............. Bettcha life. sitting behind a bloke you cant get yer arms around who has never ridden a quad before on the roughest track Ive been on........ I was terrified that i'd finally lost me marbles by agreeing to go on it, then I thought No!.... Now if it had been Syco:blast

Once again Very well done Sid and Proff, the girls and all you mad buggers.:aidan

Proff and Sid

Absolutely cracking WeeKend.!
Restored my faith in human nature to rediscover a species of motorcyclist
which was thought to be all but extint on these shores.
Great when a plan comes together,and it most definitly did.What an effort
by Sid ,Proff and everyone involved.
Could it have been any better? Only with a liver transplant.
I expect the next one will be overbooked especially when Sid has completed
the new toilet and shower block::::::::::::

Most interesting, informative and enjoyable WeeKend.
A lot of work went into the organisation, and it was very much appreciated.
Thank you to Sid and family for opening up their home to us, and to Keith whose idea it was, Bakerman's scones were a treat (as was his barBQ) and Barbera and Anne were tireless in the kitchen, feeding 30-odd with very tasty curries and gut-buster breakfasts.

Thank you all.
Bill

All of the afore mentioned and some.

It must be owning and riding the Air Heads that make for pleasant people :thumb2:thumb2 even Keith cheered up a bit when I asked him to dance :eek:onyack:clap
Can I be one the first to request a proper Bed next time please :angel as that Horse Box was bloody cold :ymca

Pee Ess........when I was 'getting it on' with Anne in Her Ladyships Boudoir I wasn't expecting you to appear from the shower wearing now't but water :eek:

Thanks again for a GREAT Weak End

:clap:clap:clap:clap:hug:hug:hug:rose:rose

least you all left with a full tummy .... That was the main thing....:augie :augie

(there speaks the kitchen)

Kitchen did a fantastic job, I can still taste the sangers from breakfast, if I cover the postage can you send me a red cross parcel containing some? :D

PM me your address and I will think about it ........

Now that I know Bakerman has donated the scones, I can finalise the figures. (Devon, I owe you £50 for the Groslch and that is accounted for).

The total costs were a staggering £929. I blame Proff for insisting on only top quality ingredients for everything. Being of Jewish extraction, I had expected him to opt for cheaper choices but he was adamant that only the best was suitable for Airheaders.;)

He was equally sure that the Gentlemen (and their Ladies) would see us proud.

I never checked the cash box all weekend until Sunday pm. My oldest son was very concerned at one stage as he had checked it and found it had over £500. I told him no need to worry as we were operating on a system of trust.

We even left it unlocked with a scouser around. :D

Joking aside, it says a lot about the people on this site (most of whom I had never met before this weekend) that we could leave a cash box with up to £1,000 and have no doubt about everyone's honesty.

At the final count up, it came to £1,130 giving a surplus (don't like to use the word "profit") of £201. All banked and accounted for today (I used to be an Accountant in a former life:()
I have added another £50 to allow for the bits and pieces that were left over at the end that I have used this week (I never want to see another free range egg). There was a bit of bacon, some beers and wine and sundry other bits.

The Calum's Road Charity link is shown in my signature so I have transferred the total of £251 immediately to the charity.

Thanks again.

I never checked the cash box all weekend until Sunday pm. My oldest son was very concerned at one stage as he had checked it and found it had over £500. I told him no need to worry as we were operating on a system of trust.

Joking aside, it says a lot about the people on this site (most of whom I had never met before this weekend) that we could leave a cash box with up to £1,000 and have no doubt about everyone's honesty.

Thanks again.

You forget it was an AIRHEAD weekend, no-one would have been able to get away fast enough. :augie

An excellent result peeps :beerjug:

1st chance I've had to see this post..

Thanks to a great bunch of TOSSERS..:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
See you ALL next year....
Bring friends, :JB:guitarist:ChrisKelly buy airheads :):comfort:comfort

We [me n'Sid] don't care if they're trailered or ridden down, it is a "workshop event" primarily......

Got Pats son all fired up now after he saw the photos on the puter, so it will be me/him on the PD and him/me on the 90s next year:augie and i will be another :rob older too... Great do and thanks once agian to all.
Lyn.

Back
Top Bottom