Short circular routes on the plains....

Slowdown

Reaction score
Can anyone help with some short (4-5 mile) circular routes suitable for one of these on the plains?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WP9nqBTqEvM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WP9nqBTqEvM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't know the plains well and wondered if some of the regulars could recommend a good route? - I have a knack of finding the world's most boring paths/tracks

I believe Fanums leading one on the very same vehicle :augie

I don't know the plains well and wondered if some of the regulars could recommend a good route? - I have a knack of finding the world's most boring paths/tracks

What is it like on hill climbs & ruts?

What is it like on hill climbs & ruts?

It's not great going up loose gravel as there's no real weight on the front (drive) wheel. Hence the need for 'short' as it's best if I walk along. While it'll top well over 10mph hooning at that speed canes the battery and I can't find a reliable supplier of a 36v 20Ah lithium battery, hence another need for a short pootle.

As the little wheels are still on the front of the chair, it has little ground clearance, so I'm guessing it's be a bit pants in ruts/long grass etc.

It's not great going up loose gravel as there's no real weight on the front (drive) wheel. Hence the need for 'short' as it's best if I walk along. While it'll top well over 10mph hooning at that speed canes the battery and I can't find a reliable supplier of a 36v 20Ah lithium battery, hence another need for a short pootle.

As the little wheels are still on the front of the chair, it has little ground clearance, so I'm guessing it's be a bit pants in ruts/long grass etc.

I'd suggest starting around Bustard Inn then.

Several flatish, reasonable surface byways around there and if you are walking, then even more tracks to choose from. Head North-West and there are several loops of various length, that will probably be suitable.

Back
Top Bottom