450x chain tension check

Brommer

Reaction score
Does one put the bike on its side stand, or on a mx stand (so the wheels are off the ground? in neutral or in schift?

thank you.

Makes no difference, it's coaxial pivot with swingarm pivot, so rear wheel arc does not increase tension.
5mm chain slack in any position.
And why not.......:rtfm

:D

Timpo.

the manual satys put it on his stand.... but the pic shows the side stand "up"..

maybe i am crazy but the left arm markings on the swing arm seem to be off lin up and down. The right had markins on the swing arm ar up and down "level".

it also seems that left and rigth are different...... in distance.

if i measur the distance between the end of the sing arm to ther "block: that holds the nut.. left 15 mm right 15mm.
then on the right side its on the second marker an 2-3 mm more, but on the left side its half way 3/4 from the third marker........

or iam a just crazy???

As Timpo says it doesn't make any difference, the only thing that does is if you have someone to hold the bike to save wearing out the sidestand:D if you don't and you don't use the sidestand it will fall over:D:D

the manual satys put it on his stand.... but the pic shows the side stand "up"..

maybe i am crazy but the left arm markings on the swing arm seem to be off lin up and down. The right had markins on the swing arm ar up and down "level".

it also seems that left and rigth are different...... in distance.

if i measur the distance between the end of the sing arm to ther "block: that holds the nut.. left 15 mm right 15mm.
then on the right side its on the second marker an 2-3 mm more, but on the left side its half way 3/4 from the third marker........

or iam a just crazy???

Haha, no mate, you are not mad, the markings on the swingarm are useless, BMW made a BOOBOO, I have been using calipers and measuring from axle centre to the rear edge of the slot in the swingarms, I first carefully measured the distance the slots are from the swingarm pivot and they were equal each side so use that as a reference.

I bet there are loads of misaligned rear ends being ridden on these bikes

Back
Top Bottom