Hinterstädtelfest Jockgrim Germany 2010

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Hi Ron,
Joyce & I are still going:thumb2 - we haven't booked ferries yet, what's the plan?
At the moment we intend crossing from Newcastle-Ijmuiden on Thursday 2nd Sept sailing & returning from Ijmuiden on Monday 6th sailing - anybody else doing these dates?
We'll book our ferries soon.

Cheers...............Grizzly:beer:

MCN Discount on DFDS Ferries

DFDS - Newcastle to Ijmuiden
Just remembered, using the link below to book you ferry gets you a 10% discount over prices though their normal web-page:thumb

www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/Offers/MCN

Cheers..................Grizzly:beerjug:

Hi Ron,
Joyce & I are still going:thumb2 - we haven't booked ferries yet, what's the plan?
At the moment we intend crossing from Newcastle-Ijmuiden on Thursday 2nd Sept sailing & returning from Ijmuiden on Monday 6th sailing - anybody else doing these dates?
We'll book our ferries soon.

Cheers...............Grizzly:beer:

I was just looking at ferry prices and dates today, Geo. We can't get the required time off work to go with our original plan (a four week holiday). My intended plan is now to sail on the Wednesday (1st) and we're then staying on in Germany/Austria for a further 3 weeks :bounce1 I'm booking my ferries this week.

I think your dates are roughly when Cunning Fox is travelling.

Doing a week in Holland first with the Buzzards Relatives, Getting the Ferry From Newcastle to Ijmuiden on Thursday the 26th of August and having a nice time riding about Holland and Belgium doing the Breweries.
Then Friday the 3rd heading down from The Hook of Holland to Jockgrim and getting Sunday the 5th night Ferry back to the Toon.:thumb

Could everyone (apart from Beetle, Grizzly and Coolcarbon) gi'z an idea of how many nights accomodation they'll need in Jockgrim so that when I give Zum Elefanten and s'Froeschl a final number for beds, they'll know for how long the beds are needed. It's likely that some folk will want to book rooms for less time (or maybe even more time) than the anticipated Thurs/Fr/Sat/Sun/Mon

:beerjug:

That's my ferry booked. :D :D £238 for me and Frau Ronno in a double bed cabin, courtesy of a nice discount from RBoS :thumb2

I've decided to skip the onboard meals and play it by ear when we're on the ferry. If you stop for a bar lunch on your way down, you don't really feel like a buffet meal in the early evening. Leaves more room for the drams :jager

Now, the trip is starting to become a reality as opposed to a distant plan.

Back
Top Bottom