Looks like the journey is over....

Feeling useless

Hey Mick..
Feeling useless here to help... I take comfort in knowing that it will all get sorted in the end

Stephen

not something i was wishing to read :(
my best wishes are with you both and hope you are sorted soon.:thumb

:comfort from me and Harry the Cat.

Best wishes to Sue and hope she mends soon.

Have to catch up on the :beer: when you get back. I'll get the first round in :)

Sorry to hear this Micky.
Give my best wishes to Sue
Can't add anymore than the others have said.
Again, anything I can do. As you know I'm not that far away from Donny.
Tail lift pickup, and/ or trailer at your disposal.
Martyn

Micky, as a fellow Yorky and ex-fed, I'm not far from your home, if there's anything you need from this end shout up. If you need transport from your point of entry back into the UK text or call 07983347469. Don't be shy.

Sorry to hear about the sudden end to your fantastic adventure but to look on the bright side things could have been a lot worse.

Completely agree with your thoughts on getting home, I wouldn't have treatment there if I had the choice either best to get home and get sorted out properly.

Here's to the a speedy recovery and your next trip!

Once in UK - I have a Van and bike trailer for both the bikes at your disposal, should you need them bringing back to South Yorks from a UK airport or port

PS ... of all the places to be stranded... a town with no :beer:

There's no such thing......:augie

(have a quiet word with one of the boys at the hotel....I'm sure that for a couple of small notes slyly exchanged, something will maraculously be found :thumb)

Otherwise, boy, you really are in the sh1t aren't you!! :blast
:tears:tears

Like everyone else sorry to hear your news but glad the damage is (relatively) light. If there's anything needs doing over here just get in touch.

P

B*gger!

Hi Micky

So sorry to hear of the news. Is there anything practical I can do? Prof Stanley at the NGH, Sheffield is a main guy for upper limb orthopaedics once she gets back. Do you have insurance to cover Medivac? She won't be able to fly if she has a full pot of any kind - should be ok with a back splint/slab as the bandaging allows swelling to be accommodated.

Give Sue my love -and a virtual hug!
Avril

Best wishes for a safe trip home and speedy recovery from a newcomer in the US midwest.

From one Geriatric to Others :cool:Sorry to read of your woes, get well soon sue and good luck with your 'Adventure' getting yourselves and the bikes back to Terra Firma.

Sorry to hear that.Having Broken 4 ribs out in the Himalayas a couple of weeks ago on a Bullet ,by hitting a tree to avoid a bus:eek: i know being out there it can seem a long way from home:comfort Hope you get back asap and are able to redo your trip when all is fine.:thumb2

Bother :(

Best wishes to Sue... hope you're back safe and sound soon :thumb

anyone got any news on Micky and Sue...has Sue arrived back to the UK?

Cheers matie :thumb2

Eventually got Sue out on a plane yesterday morning, straight to a hospital in London, close to her daughters. She will have had an operation on her arm by now, but will have to remain in hospital for several days.

The 85km taxi ride to Islamabad airport was horrendous, unmade roads, no suspension... poor Sue was in agony. The return journey for myself was even worse. The taxi broke down four times, the driver was falling asleep. I grabbed the steering wheel twice just in time to save a head on collision. I walked away and left the driver once but he pleaded (I hadn't paid him at that time) to get back in. Apart from half an hour at the airport to see Sue off, the journey took from midnight to 8.30am the next morning :eek:

Internet at the hotel gone down, also frequent power cuts, so I'm sat in another sweaty likkle cubicle a mile away.

I'm now trying to organise air freight for the two bikes back to the UK, but it's a holiday here, Eid coming just after Ramazan, then it's the bloody weekend :eek:

Joe (the Celt) Many thanks, trying to organise with DSV.
Bill (Fanum) Many thanks, hopefully sorted by a man who knows a man :beer:
Fran (Magnet) We'll have a bier or five gal :thumb
Avril (avmac7) I'll give Sue a hug when I see her ta.... give you one too :eek: a hug that is ;)

To everyone else who has posted.... thank you :thumb
I hope to have means to get the bikes back home when back in the UK, so thanks to all who have offered.

:beerjug:

Good to hear things are getting sorted and Sue has escaped. Looks like you need to watch your back / sides / above you as "they" seem to be out to get you as well :eek:

OMG, first time i've checked in for a bit and see this:blast

Glad your OK Micky and Sue is back home, a sad end to a dream trip:(

Just a thought, how about forgetting the knee jerk "get the bikes back" and leaving them there somewhere. Maybe in 6 weeks or so you can return and continue the trip?

Either way, all the best and thinking of you

Phil + Lisa

Our dream, the aim, was to ride overland to Nepal and Buthan, get there November December and then head for home dodging winter. That's not possible now, so to resume the journey after Sue mends is not in the equation I'm afraid. The stay here, getting the bikes back home to Blighty will soak up all our remaining budget.

Sue has gone home to get proper medical treatment and she feels as though she's going home with her tail firmly between her legs :tears

Mission failed :(

But nothing could be further from the truth, she's a sixty year old 5'2" lady of steel with 'tough' written through to the core. She rode 7,500 miles overland to northern Pakistan, over some terrible roads, and no roads, before the prat took her out. Even Rossi couldn't have got out of that one.... I was yards behind and I still hit the fecker :eek:

She even did it on a 250cc 'bike :thumb She even did it with me :eek:

The 'fecker' ... we asked the police to release him and not to prosecute. If I'd got hold of him at the time I'd have murdered him, but it was an accident. Anyway, if the prisons are any worse than the hospitals no one deserves that fate, even a mass murderer :eek:

The family came to visit Sue in hospital, and once back at the hotel too. The miserable one on the left is the culprit. Got to give him some due for coming to visit then haven't we :bow

:beerjug:

Attachments

• The family.jpg
    The family.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 540

Back
Top Bottom