Philippe Starck Aprilia Moto 6.5??

darkhorse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of owning an Aprilia Moto 6.5.

Looking at buying one for my Dad to potter around on.

Attachments

• starck09051101.jpg
    starck09051101.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 4,659
Annette`s other half Johnothon has got one.

Maybe try a PM ?

I`ve always liked them....the tank reminds me of the helmets worn by those high speed skaters or speed skiers and I think the shape of the exhaust is wonderful. :thumb2

I`ve always liked them....the tank reminds me of the helmets worn by those high speed skaters or speed skiers and I think the shape of the exhaust is wonderful. :thumb2

And I thought I was the only one that liked them - the exhaust, especially, is a work of art :)

I remember being really struck by the detailing when they came out.............things such as grey cables to match the frame colour.

Bet they are a bugger to get parts for though.....................

Andres

interesting look, but i remember them getting a pretty universal thumbs down in contemporary reviews :(

i fancy an alessi jota myself :p

My pal had one for a few years. Sold on ebay T&T earlier this year made £1100. He did some digging and it had been down to Morocco with the previous owner prior to a front end prang. Only problems he had were a stripped sump plug..fixed with a BM 650 kit..and a gunged up rear master cylinder. We fixed both these things and serviced it ourselves . Cables were indeed colour co-ordinated and parts are scarce. The tank is fibreglass. I think the tyres are old school size. The ride is very firm and the bike tallish.
I love the looks although I see Starke himself now rides a Kawa W650, gone the days when he had a Honda trail in every city he lived all with the same key! I have a Starke toothbrush somewhere.

He has a design reality prog on BBC2..Design for life.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mw165/Design_for_Life_Episode_1/

If I found a decent one I would buy it tomorrow. Always wanted one :(

Tarka's right, we've got a lovely one sitting in the carport right now. Is there anything specific you want to know about them. Here's Jonathan's (and he won't let me ride it :mad: )

134168834_L3BwE-M.jpg

Didn't they do all sorts of accessories as well? :nenau

Starck crash helmets, panniers etc? :cool:

I like the orange one but the metallic grey one was a bit boring

Starck Moto..6.5..are these ok or ...?

Tarka's right, we've got a lovely one sitting in the carport right now. Is there anything specific you want to know about them. Here's Jonathan's (and he won't let me ride it :mad: )

134168834_L3BwE-M.jpg

Anyone got one of these --are they good/bad or ???, what about servicing, parts --thx

I ran one, as per Annette's pic, about 20 years ago. Had it shipped to Spain for a while, but that didn't work out as it didn't really like 2-up work, so it came home & was sold on to a guy in Farnham.

The design detail is amazing, but I always thought the choice of engine was inappropriate for what was intended. They need looking after carefully, as the finish is poor in places, so watch for salt damage. Suspension is a tad budget too & only that single front disc sans ABS - clearly the bean counters got involved. Chassis/body parts are becoming difficult, as you would expect, given the numbers produced. I'm not sure about the tank, carb etc when it comes to E5/10 fuels, so that needs research.

If your father wants a bike to polish & admire, that won't depreciate, for the occasional sunny Sunday, then fine. If he wants something easy to ride then look elsewhere - I would have thought an Enfield 650 or the upcoming Goldstar (not that we've seen one OTR yet) might hold more appeal & be more easily managed when it comes to parts/service.

I’ve been looking for one of these for some while but their either stupidly overpriced or tatty. Grey orange is the one to have.

I was tempted a couple of years ago and still wish that I had bought it. Prices on these are rising so potentially a decent investment.

Back
Top Bottom