UK Road Passes

karnevil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok so I know the Hardknott,Wrynose,Snake,Kirkstone etc but what others are there within the UK mainland please?

1.Hardknott.
2.Wrynose.
3.Snake.
4.Kirkstone
5.Hartside.
6.Honister.
7.Whinlatter.
8.Newlands

Rosedale Chimney Bank, Yorkshire somewhere...One in Harlech Wales, but its not for powered vehicles I think.:augie

Ok so I know the Hardknott,Wrynose,Snake,Kiristone etc but what others are there within the UK mainland please?

What's yer plan?
Thinking of riding a few?

I was thinking of starting a thread asking where the most picturesque places in the UK are & riding there & taking photos.

As you're a local guy if you're planning on any ride outs this year (or next), drop me a line.
I promise not to post your reg number in any photos I post. :D

Pass of the Cross, North Wales (Blych-y-Groes)
ToBlych-Y.jpg

A little pass we did last year overseas..
-0034Medium.jpg

& one 'MUST DO' pass I did in May..
ApplecrossPass.jpg

What's yer plan?
Thinking of riding a few?Yeah I was gonna make me a list then make a few routes up
I was thinking of starting a thread asking where the most picturesque places in the UK are & riding there & taking photos.

As you're a local guy if you're planning on any ride outs this year (or next), drop me a line. OK
I promise not to post your reg number in any photos I post. :D]I dont care,was here the other week dont bother me at all,PJ06KZT,A15TDT,M493WKW I dont give a feck!!!!!
[/QUOTE

Add em to here please...............

Ok so I know the

Hardknott,Wrynose,Snake,Kirkstone etc but what others are there within the UK mainland please?

1.Hardknott.
2.Wrynose.
3.Snake.
4.Kirkstone
5.Hartside.
6.Honister.
7.Whinlatter.
8.Newlands
9.Rosedale Chimney Bank
10.Pass of the Cross
11.Winnats

One UK pass I can wholeheartedly recommend is Buttertubs in North Yorkshire.

I 1st did this pass last year & although it all motorway from where we are as soon as you leave the M6 at junc.37 it's all good.

Friday7thSeptember2007Buttertubs005.jpg

Superb pass, even Clarkson rates it!

MoorsMedium.jpg

You can even stop off at Neil Morrissey's pub for lunch & a pint on the way home.

LunchPunchbowlMedium.jpg

1.Hardknott.
2.Wrynose.
3.Snake.
4.Kirkstone
5.Hartside.
6.Honister.
7.Whinlatter.
8.Newlands
9.Rosedale Chimney Bank
10.Pass of the Cross
11.Winnats
12.Buttertubs Pass, North Yorkshire
13.Applecross Pass, West Coast of Scotland

I have started this.Maybe some one cud check it then everybody add to it?

Attachments

• UK Passes.gdb
    726 bytes · Views: 293
My 3 passes added.

Attachments

• UK%20Passes[1] update.gdb
    13.8 KB · Views: 286
Horseshoe Pass, :blast I was there today!

As I pulled up to The Ponderossa I took the road to the left going downhill, this led to World's End. In the valley there's a sign for The Horseshoe Pass & The Old Horseshoe Pass. :confused:

Spent a few hours down there exploring some "rights of way" :thumb2

1.jpg

2.jpg

One UK pass I can wholeheartedly recommend is Buttertubs in North Yorkshire.

Nah, it's boring. :augie
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2gMl0A0_kE&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2gMl0A0_kE&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

The Mennock Pass leads to Scotlands highest village, Wanlockhead. While there you can visit the highest pub in Scotland, the lead mine, the narrrow guage railway or try panning for gold.

Running parallel to it is the Dalveen pass, so you can make a nice wee trip on two great wee single track roads.

Hank. :beer::beer::beer:

do a search for the 10 highest Scottish passes, I had the pleasure to do a mini trip with some of the SS, all 10 over a weekend, just magical....:eek:onyack

The Doctor:
My Scarver look good in Bwlchy y Groes too! :thumb

:) Liv.

Attachments

• Scarver'n i Bwlch y Groes justert .jpg
    Scarver'n i Bwlch y Groes justert .jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 807

Back
Top Bottom