Still in Kanab, Utah 04/05/04 10.00pm

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ended up back in the same motel in Kanab tonight so I am able to access internet fro free!

I have been to Lake Powell today , across the Glen Canyon Dam and on a 3.5 hr boat trip down a couple of Canyons . Nice to not be riding or walking somewhere.

ITS DAMN HOT...........the weather has been amazing the past two weeks with record temps when I was in California and the heat has follwed me thru 3 states. It was 37+ degrees C today and still in the low 30's when I left Page at around 6.30pm.
It hasnt rained since Oregon, except for a few spots one day walking in San Francisco, and the daytime temps have always been around 25 degrees and above, and 30+ for the last week.
Of course the hottest day was in Death Valley, 45+ degrees or around 115 to 120 Fahrenheit at one point. Riding was like standing in front of 50 hot air hand dryers blasting into your face.

Quick quiz;

Question - Its 79 miles from Page in Arizona to my motel in Kanab. I cruised the whole way at 70 -75mph. The are only a couple of curves in the road , its mostly straight, and none required dropping below 60mph. I didnt stop and yet it took me 2 hrs 10 mins WHY?

Answer - because you cross into a different time zone along the way.
Its mega confusing because I have had 8 changes in time zone in the past 4 to 5 days but have never travelled more than 200 miles. I go somewhere in the morning and gain and hour and then I lose it again when I come back!

Add the fact that my watch broke a week ago and I never know what time it is!

Met two Germans tonight ( Peter and Dieter) who have invited me to join them on a flight over the Grand Canyon at 8am from the local airport. They are then riding their rented Harleys to Bryce Canyon which was my destination for tomorrow a.m. so it looks like I will have a couple of riding buddies for most of the day.

Bye for now!

Back
Top Bottom