Twinshock Trials Bike - Collective views?

Here you are Tim, told you I had a pic of my old bike somewhere!

586171285_CtK6L-L-1.jpg

And strangely enough, that photo was taken not 100 yards away from where we were on Saturday, but about 30 years ago!
Mark

Nice one Mark, great bars:) pillion seat and pegs too!

Spent all afternoon at Vern's today sorting footrest positions.

Ange thinks my £2 Montesa badge is getting a little obsessive/sad:D

Attachments

• P1010443 (Small).JPG
    P1010443 (Small).JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 374
And now my 1964 Triumph Tiger Cub trials which i have owned for several years and has been an ongoing restoration and ride:thumb

love the cub how,did you get the clearence for the chain after fitting the bigger rear tyer?:comfort:aidan

Its had a modification done to the swing arm(widened) and the rear hub has also be made wider:thumb

Nice one Mark, great bars:) pillion seat and pegs too!

Spent all afternoon at Vern's today sorting footrest positions.

Ange thinks my £2 Montesa badge is getting a little obsessive/sad:D

Blimey, hadn't noticed the pillion pegs! Must have been when I first got it, as they got taken off very soon after.

I saw the badges on fleabay, wondered if you had. :p
Mark

Flashback like I was on acid.

These oldkool bikes were the things dreams were made of when I grew up in the 70's

Thinking is never a good thing when it comes to bikes.

I was 48 in January, been riding since age 14 (which is not a redeeming feature at all)
Always wanted to just play "foot ups" but nver had a dedicated bike, closest I came was an IT250 with a YZ racing kit fitted.

How costly is it to "play" in this part of motorcycling.

I mean, average price, so average bike (advice on what to avoid will help)
How many meetings cater for this sort of riding, I am in Kent.

Any other advice , piss taking etc gratefully received.

Video of the sort of stuff that set my mind thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnVof7mSX_c&feature=related

Thanks.

Now then JB you've started this thread due to all the nonesense thats currently going off in the bowels of the universe namely Rainbows workshop haven't you ??

Any one got a spare bottom yolk stem as Gav's just shagged that along with the stem nut ? Made outta same stuff as 1200 rear axles me thinks!!

i had a ty 250 as my 1st bike and use to frash it round the wood and up on the hill it was a good bike and the engine did not leak even those it was rev,ed out load and load

Now then JB you've started this thread due to all the nonesense thats currently going off in the bowels of the universe namely Rainbows workshop haven't you ??

Any one got a spare bottom yolk stem as Gav's just shagged that along with the stem nut ? Made outta same stuff as 1200 rear axles me thinks!!

I started this thread long before the Rainbow trials team came into being:augie

Sherco....................deep joy - too many wheelies:blast

Phone Malcolm Rathmell's @ Harrogate - he's the importer - MRS Sherco - they'll sort Gav out

Another great day's practice as the guys were preparing a virgin course in readiness for next weekend's trial.

Here's Russ on his old James, giving it beans on ther red route:thumb

Attachments

• 190765_1886572125177_1267639943_32322763_5757499_n.jpg
    190765_1886572125177_1267639943_32322763_5757499_n.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 355
Another great day's practice as the guys were preparing a virgin course in readiness for next weekend's trial.

Here's Russ on his old James, giving it beans on ther red route:thumb

Awesome pic.

Wish I was even a smidge as good (Having a bike would help too ;) )

Some guys just make it look easy.

Oh, he's good alright!
Bit of a poseur before the ride though:D:clap

Attachments

• 189586_1886558804844_1267639943_32322737_5900128_n (Small).jpg
    189586_1886558804844_1267639943_32322737_5900128_n (Small).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 450
Six hours of coaching from a top rider today with Aqueduct Classics and I'm knackered but learnt loads......in particular to open my legs more!:augie

The big event tomorrow so let's hope for a better result:)

See you there, finally finished the OSSA, tomorrow will be a good test to see what fall off:augie
Havnt done trials for about 18months (and i wasnt very good then)so looking forward to it:thumb , is Timpos bike up and ready to go?

I don't think Timpo's bike will be ready and Johnny Boxer's chickened out...either that or he's 'on the nest' with some irish bird:D

Paul 'Moz' Owen, a succussful TT rider was there today and tomorrow on a 'very special 1948 rigid Bantam':D...he's been loaned it.

It goes to show, we can talk bollox about bling, which is the best this or that, he's only ever done one trial before and today you can see it ALL about the rider not the bling:thumb
If he can do it on this rigid there hope for Grizz yet.
:D

Attachments

• P1030094 (Small).JPG
    P1030094 (Small).JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 455
Where is a good place on t'internet to look at 2nd hand classic trial bikes for sale?

http://www.willbrown.co.uk/adz/index.html

Some people have had disappointing experiences using Ebay, the bike I have now is superb, it came recommended and I had chance to talk to the guy who built it before he reluctantly sold it to me:)

Just decide how much you want to pay and keep looking until the right one comes along:thumb

Back
Top Bottom