Turkish Delight

Tiffany

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
BMW for some reason have decided I need taking in hand and are flying me and Thelma to Turkey to film us travelling.
Not quite a Charlie and Ewan- definitely a lower budget job as instead of the glamorous Claudio alongside on his own GS, I'll have Trevor riding pillion with his camera - he's a brave (or stupid guy) as we all know what happened to the last guy who was pillion with me!:augie

I'll keep you all updated, though as it's only for a week - this should be quite a short thread.

MORE JAM THAN HARTLEYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mind you its bout time Boing.Moto.Wobbler gave you your brucie bonus for years of inadvertntly peddling their wears .....................

Turkish Delight indeed- enjoy the sweet results of your years of travel on your bike - oh and I thank you as well for your stories and reports( sadly cant afford to fly you and Thelma anywhere but if our roads cross somewhere I will buy you some Turkish Delight !!!)

fun and more fun

quick run down on what the week has produced so far:

It's been absolutely amazing, we started in Istanbul and were flown to the southern city of Antalya- palm trees along the beaah and snow-topped mountains just 40kms away.
I've had a close encounter with a goat running into the road
had to get used to not one but THREE support vehicles with a team of 11 people, and of course not one of them in sight when the battery died and I needed a push start. Off the bike and push her up the nearest hill,
as for the innocently made request -
"go as fast as you want for this shot and pass close to the camera on your return"
well, they didn't request that again in a hurry:augie

a beachside breakdown enabled me to slip off for a dip- turned around to see them setting up the camera just as I was getting into the waves in vest and knickers - perhaps one day I will remember NOT to wear my saggy arse knickers.

I keep forgetting I have got a microphone attached to my helmet though I've only been caught once swearing under my breath at the director :blast and I think the Turkish sound guy was too embarrrassed to repeat what I had said so I may have got away with that one.

Back to Istanbul at the weekend to catch up with fellow GSers David and Ellis

Back
Top Bottom