Soakin' dry...or "Luck of the English"

Mr K

Reaction score
Left Chateau K at 6 am... in a light drizzle...

3 mile up the road I go to switch on me heated grips....:eek

DSCF0386.jpg

...the rain put in a bit more effort and continued all the way across, through the Galloway Forest and to just outside Newton Stewart where the bike died for the first time....
...she started again and by giving the throttle a big handful I could continue until everthing chimed in again and I made it to the ferry with a couple of splutterings...
...off the boat about 20 minutes and the bike had a go at cutting out again, but as I was cold and wet I just nailed the throttle 'til it behaved...

Less talk more pictures:

CP1; Monaghan:

DSCF0385.jpg

CP2 was at Ballyronan Marina...no pictures - I was tired, cold and a tad moist.

End of day was the Causeway Hotel, Bushmills where I had a hot bathe and met up with some other victims for an evening of Guinness testing.

The relentless eating machine aka Hairnet 600 Ceasar salad followed by mixed grill, followed by Orange Dime Bar Cheese cake...

DSCF0389.jpg

Fortunately the Weather Witch stopped her teasing: Saturday am:

DSCF0391.jpg

DSCF0390.jpg

Saturday CP1, Lifford:

DSCF0393.jpg

On my way to CP2 the bike died again at some traffic lights. This time it wouldn't fire up, so I decided to try the FPC by-pass, but found the orifice in the fuel pump was full of water....Andrex and free squirt ofWD40 from a hardware shop owner and the beastie was ticking-over like a metronome....

:JB

CP2, Drumcliff:

DSCF0394.jpg

DSCF0395.jpg

CP3 was in Balllinamore, which told us of our final destination at The Lakeside Manor, Virginia, Cavan..... I followed pinkytiff on a short-cut across a load of unclassified roads ....we nearly got tugged by some Bobbies in an unmarked car but they U-turned in and joined in a chase with a marked car after an NTV650 going the othe way..

:nenau

Saturday night:

DSCF0396.jpg

DSCF0397.jpg

DSCF0399.jpg

DSCF0401.jpg

DSCF0402.jpg

DSCF0406.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

DSCF0409.jpg

DSCF0410.jpg

DSCF0411.jpg

DSCF0412.jpg

DSCF0414.jpg

....as Ash said "If the Devil had cast his net..............."

Sunday morning - struggled to find out what time it really was as various devices had auto-updated to BST... had breakfast overlooking the lough and set-off for Larne....

Got there to be told my boat was late, so I could go on the fast one.. leaving 5 minutes earlier than my original boat....

:JB

Mixed weather on the way back, but home just before 6pm, mostly dry.

:comfort

Top weekend - Thank you again to all those who gave their time to make it all run smoothly, from the riding to the paying of hotel bills - everything worked a treat..

.....and thanks for the great company.

:Duchess

Soakin' wet...or "Bad Luck of the English"

:blast
a wet day playing on the mourne mountains.

Attachments

• mourne 003.jpg
    mourne 003.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 401
  • mourne 004.jpg
    mourne 004.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 384
  • mourne 007.jpg
    mourne 007.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 347
  • mourne 008.jpg
    mourne 008.jpg