Gore lockout thingy!

• Thread starter Deleted Member I
  • Start date

Deleted Member I

Is it worth £549??? :eek:

2009 Master V suit with regular zip ~£800
2010 Master V suit with Gore lockout £1349!!!!!

WTF!!!!!

Is it worth £549??? :eek:

2009 Master V suit with regular zip ~£800
2010 Master V suit with Gore lockout £1349!!!!!

WTF!!!!!

I think you can still buy the old-fashioned, non-leaky zip version. Glad I bought my Master V with the discount vouchers last year.

I think you can still buy the old-fashioned, non-leaky zip version. Glad I bought my Master V with the discount vouchers last year.
You can but you can't get proper size trousers any more. I remember reading a press release which said the new version would not be significantly more than the old one :nenau

don't get the lockout its a pain in the arse.....

I got a new Rukka jacket in December with the lockout and I hate it, I'd prefer a normal zip. Its finicky to fasten for starters. You have to get the zip at the bottom lined up really well or it will open beneath the fastner as you zip up. Secondly its really stiff and takes muscle power to zip up. I've already broken one zip. A second is coming in the post with a silicon lubricant with the hope of putting some ease into it.

So my advice steer clear.

My jacket was no more expensive for the lockout than the zip. Even if two jackets were the same price I'd go for the normal zip... in fact I'd pay a hundred quid more to have the jacket with normal old fashioned zip, never mind paying four hundred for the lockout version, thats just plain crazy....its a piece of S**T zip.

I got a new Rukka jacket in December with the lockout and I hate it, I'd prefer a normal zip. Its finicky to fasten for starters. You have to get the zip at the bottom lined up really well or it will open beneath the fastner as you zip up. Secondly its really stiff and takes muscle power to zip up. I've already broken one zip. A second is coming in the post with a silicon lubricant with the hope of putting some ease into it.

My jacket was no more expensive for the lockout than the zip. Even if two jackets were the same price I'd go for the normal zip... in fact I'd pay a hundred quid more to have the jacket with normal old fashioned zip, never mind paying four hundred for the lockout version, thats just plain crazy....its a piece of S**T zip.

Salesman at Infinity suspect Rukka will "relaunch" old fashioned zips versions later in the year exactly because old people like you can't get on with new technology :D

hmmm... Here's a shocker:

http://admin.motorcyclenews.com/MCN...volutionary-new-waterproof-zip/?&R=EPI-117418

see the quote from Gore, about the price effect; then compare the reality...

Vote Zips!

Truth with some modifications. The real price-riser must be the Gore-Tex Pro Shell layer fabrics/Gore-Tex combo. The Gore Lockout zips themselves can hardly be the true reason for the high prices.

http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellite/product-content/pro-shell
gore-tex-pro-shell-3.jpg

In due time there will no doubt be competing and more reasonably priced fabric/waterproof membrane technology. It appears the advanced Gore-Tex Pro Shell tehnology is the culprit. :eek

Truth with some modifications. The real price-riser must be the Gore-Tex Pro Shell layer fabrics/Gore-Tex combo. The Gore Lockout zips themselves can hardly be the true reason for the high prices.

http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellite/product-content/pro-shell
gore-tex-pro-shell-3.jpg

In due time there will no doubt be competing and more reasonably priced fabric/waterproof membrane technology. It appears the advanced Gore-Tex Pro Shell tehnology is the culprit. :eek

Master V was pro shell last year :rob

Hm. You're right, off course. Since most other motorcycle apparel in Pro Shell quality
cost more than the Master V there must be some profit factors involved somewhere.:augie

Probably a combination of exchange rate (how our British rupee has fallen) and opportunity for real price rise (opportunity to discount later in the year if volumes fall too much).

Depends how much the new rukkas have risen .. if less than this then I think HG would be shooting themselves in the foot. HG only has 1 year warranty versus the rukka 5 years (although I maybe wrong .. given the warranty is gore linked)

Dear travelman,
My name is Peter. I work for the GORE-TEX® Support Team and would like to take this opportunity – even though we know that it might be a bit late – to give you and other users some advice and demonstrate improvements that we have made in regards to this product over the last few months.
Every GORE-TEX® Garment comes with a silicone oil marker. You will get this marker for free from your local dealer, if you don`t have one, yet. Please make sure to lubricate the rails with this marker regularly to make them run smooth and easy.
Moreover we are improving and testing the technology and design constantly since the introduction of the GORE® LOCKOUT™ Closure technology in the beginning of this year.
In case that yours is broken, you can return the product and get a new one free of charge from your dealer. Our partners have been informed about the known issues and are briefed to give you further support on this.
We hope that this has helped you and that you enjoy riding your motorcycle with our gear.
Best regards
Peter from the GORE-TEX® Support Team

Peter, can we get the pens directly rather than going to a dealer, would be good to be able to just order via website etc.

As for replacing the zip, not an easy thing to do when it's sown into the jacket. Can the zip slider be easily replaced at home?

Dear travelman,
My name is Peter. I work for the GORE-TEX® Support Team and would like to take this opportunity – even though we know that it might be a bit late – to give you and other users some advice and demonstrate improvements that we have made in regards to this product over the last few months.
Every GORE-TEX® Garment comes with a silicone oil marker. You will get this marker for free from your local dealer, if you don`t have one, yet. Please make sure to lubricate the rails with this marker regularly to make them run smooth and easy.
Moreover we are improving and testing the technology and design constantly since the introduction of the GORE® LOCKOUT™ Closure technology in the beginning of this year.
In case that yours is broken, you can return the product and get a new one free of charge from your dealer. Our partners have been informed about the known issues and are briefed to give you further support on this.
We hope that this has helped you and that you enjoy riding your motorcycle with our gear.
Best regards
Peter from the GORE-TEX® Support Team

The Master V Suits are great with standard zips and loved mine. I have tried the lock out system on a Rukka Jacket and to be honest I didnt really like it. Its very fiddly to fasten and if you dont get it right it can open as mine did. Also the metal fastening at the bottom is quite big with more chance to catch the tank.

The bonded goretex material is fantastic though and well worth the extra over standard gortex kit

Peter, can we get the pens directly rather than going to a dealer, would be good to be able to just order via website etc.

As for replacing the zip, not an easy thing to do when it's sown into the jacket. Can the zip slider be easily replaced at home?

Rukka's policy is to lend you a jacket whilst yours is away being repaired. I think you would arrange this thru your dealer:thumb

This not my experience at all with the new lock-out zip by Gore on a Rukka jacket. 1) Sure, if you don't get the «male» part all the way to the bottom (which, incidentally, is VERY easy, unless you are very clumsy), it'll split from the bottom as you zip up. But ALL regular zippers do that. 2) There is a very clever lock you pull up to prevent precisely that. Now, if you don't use it, too bad for you. 3) It is not stiff AT All, and zips up very easily, unless you are very weak, or very fat and don't pull in. 4) Use the silicon lubricant will render things EVEN EASIER, but it's not necessary.

The only thing is that it does not look too good. But it's minor and you don't see it when you ride, right?

So, my advice is do not let it deter you from buying a jacket you'd otherwise like.

:agree

I've only had the zip unattach itself once....that was when I was rushing at a toll and never used the lock...so only user error.

If the simple lock is used each time I've had no problems....and it doesn't leak :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom