Trail ride - earthmover's exceptionally easy run.

earthmover

opinionated, me?
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Testing the waters really. Looking at the trail ride runs, there does appear to be a niche waiting to be filled (fnarr fnarr).
If there is enough interest I would be able to lead a run that was essentially a "white" road ride, with some gravel tracks thrown in.
I'm a shortarse who'll be 2-up on a 1200 with Tourances and panniers on, if this gives more of an indication of how easy the tracks will be. :D
Not looking to poach anyone off the other rides, just offering an alternative to those who may want to venture off tarmac, but gently.
Mark

Well I would be interested in doing that, not into hardcore off roading, getting stuck in mud and riding bouldery ravines is not my idea of fun, so if you do organise something count us in (thats the 2 of us on big bikes not pogos).

Testing the waters really. Looking at the trail ride runs, there does appear to be a niche waiting to be filled (fnarr fnarr).
If there is enough interest I would be able to lead a run that was essentially a "white" road ride, with some gravel tracks thrown in.
I'm a shortarse who'll be 2-up on a 1200 with Tourances and panniers on, if this gives more of an indication of how easy the tracks will be. :D
Not looking to poach anyone off the other rides, just offering an alternative to those who may want to venture off tarmac, but gently.
Mark

Not at home at the moment, but did a recce yesterday to confirm that the route is as "easy" as I thought. Should be a nice run, will post more details later in the week.
Denise and I will be at the Hand on friday night.
Mark

Well I would be interested in doing that, not into hardcore off roading, getting stuck in mud and riding bouldery ravines is not my idea of fun, so if you do organise something count us in (thats the 2 of us on big bikes not pogos).

Looks like I'll be taking the 12 on this one then.

Val.

Back home again!

The route I ran on saturday is approx 120 miles (don't know exactly, 'cos I rode from home and back!) and took about 6 hours, with a few coffee and fag stops, and a couple of places where I took detours to see where there were any "ride rounds" should the weather turn inclement.
95% is tarmac, the rest is hard packed gravel. We take in some of the most scenic single track roads in the area, there are a few coffee shops en route, and fuel within the first 40 miles. Starting with the Panorama road, over Worlds end, then some green lanes into Ruthin. Down through the Clocaenog forest to Bala, then across to Lake Vyrnwy before heading back to Llangollen via another couple of green lanes. I would have put up some photos, but I forgot to charge my camera! If the weather is kind to us, there are some stunning views from these roads.
Any queries at all, just yell.
Mark

Just a thought, whereabouts are you all staying on the Friday night?
The route runs past the camp site, so there would be little point coming to the Hand (where Denise and I are staying) if you are camping.
Was thinking about a 9.30 start, if that's ok.
Mark

Sorry Mark, I'm going to pull out of this one. I'm going to Aberwristwatch to have lunch with my eldest instead. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom