Got the Nuvi 550... But what would you do...

richie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Allihies again.. but off to Asia soon....
Its a white box one, maybe if I had read the whole page I would have realized.... I don't really care but its 2009 and I cannot upgrade to 2010 as it was first registered 12 months ago.:blast

Does it matter I ask myself. I can upload all my waypoints from 2008 but tried a few routes and I can't see them.

Tips for that:thumb

forget 2010

Its a white box one, maybe if I had read the whole page I would have realized.... I don't really care but its 2009 and I cannot upgrade to 2010 as it was first registered 12 months ago.:blast

Does it matter I ask myself. I can upload all my waypoints from 2008 but tried a few routes and I can't see them.

Tips for that:thumb

there on 2011 now...;)

Hi Ritchie,

To see the routes you have loaded press tools then scroll down to my data folder you shoud see "Import route from file" in the folder list select this then you will see a list of your routes select from the list and press import. After doing this go back to the main screen select "where to?" then scroll down to custom routes press on this then select route then press go and it will load the route.

As to what to do with the unit with the old mapping you can get a one off update from Garmin or maps for life for £100 or as mentioned before use Tyre for free

Hi Ritchie,

To see the routes you have loaded press tools then scroll down to my data folder you shoud see "Import route from file" in the folder list select this then you will see a list of your routes select from the list and press import. After doing this go back to the main screen select "where to?" then scroll down to custom routes press on this then select route then press go and it will load the route.

As to what to do with the unit with the old mapping you can get a one off update from Garmin or maps for life for £100 or as mentioned before use Tyre for free

cheers for that:thumb

Richie

I have the same bit of kit and managed to get Mapsource and updated maps direct from Garmin web site for free. Can't remember exactly how:blast but if you google Mapsource and free you should find loads of information.

I think it had something to do with downloading a "lite" version of "dog walker 3.0" or something and then you just simply upgraded. Seems to be a well known loop hole and apparently even Garmin customer support have suggested it to people.

Good luck, sorry the info is a bit vague, but the spirit is willing!

Richie

I have the same bit of kit and managed to get Mapsource and updated maps direct from Garmin web site for free. Can't remember exactly how:blast but if you google Mapsource and free you should find loads of information.

I think it had something to do with downloading a "lite" version of "dog walker 3.0" or something and then you just simply upgraded. Seems to be a well known loop hole and apparently even Garmin customer support have suggested it to people.

Good luck, sorry the info is a bit vague, but the spirit is willing!

Cheers for that will look into it,

But Satnaveasy have just mailled me and should be able to sort it out, will keep you informed.:clap

Back
Top Bottom