Ash

Oh Yes....
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does it take to plug to plug a puncture in a tubeless GS800 front tyre. :augie
that wasn't tubless :blast
Ooooooooooooooops

2k miles on the clock. :eek
the young lady did well to keep it upright as the tyre went flat instantly on a long strait road.
the boys and girls set about mending it. [i was on traffic duty]
plugged the tyre and set about trying to blow her up, finally had to admit defeat.
only to find out later the tyre was tubed and the tube was a bit u/s :blast cough

Felt very proud of myself that I had helped a damsel in distress using my puncture repair kit. Have carried them for years and never used them. Thought we did a good job too.

I feel even more embarassed as Mrs Haydw's Dad was an ATS depot manager and have changed bike tyres tons of times with him and never bl**dy realised..... Have told him and he nearly doubled over laughing. His first question was 'did you not see the valve locking nut???'

Felt very proud of myself that I had helped a damsel in distress using my puncture repair kit. Have carried them for years and never used them. Thought we did a good job too.

I feel even more embarassed as Mrs Haydw's Dad was an ATS depot manager and have changed bike tyres tons of times with him and never bl**dy realised..... Have told him and he nearly doubled over laughing. His first question was 'did you not see the valve locking nut???'

i am glad you are taking the blame.
and my honour is still intact :augie

:hide

Why don't they use the same kind of spoked wheels they use on the bigger boxers?

Even my R100GSs ran tubeless tyres on spoked wheels......

:confused:

Why don't they use the same kind of spoked wheels they use on the bigger boxers?

Even my R100GSs ran tubeless tyres on spoked wheels......

Not sure really, I suspect as ever, it's price related. Actually, on a less cynical note, it could be because the front wheel is pretty narrow (and a 21" wheel) or something like that?

only 6 tossers involved.
what do you won't "
Miracles :augie

Big Thanks

Well thankyou all for trying to help me anyway, Ash did excellent job on the traffic, :thumb2 and Haydw thankyou for your repair kit:hug hopefully see you all again soon x

877286225_2b43F-XL.jpg

877300997_Vyj9M-XL.jpg

877288235_2edvq-XL.jpg

traffic duty:mmmm no high viz not watching the road:eek:

did you do your risk assesment:nenau

if you can't see me.
then you should not be driving
people thought i was a roundabout :augie

Back
Top Bottom