The Workshop is ready.

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
With Proff's help, we have got the workshop ready for the event.

DSCN3627.jpg

DSCN3629.jpg

DSCN3632.jpg

We now have FOUR workstations including a super duper electric lift which my fireblade is on in photos. We have the two foot operated lifts and a smaller bike lift to the left.

DSCN3631.jpg

We should have plenty of space to get all the jobs done over the weekend.

We have two compressors, welding gear, tons of tools and lots of other bits and bobs.:)

Really looking forward to it all now

I'd buy an airhead if I could find one cheap enough just to come to the weekend!

From what I have read, it sounds a bit like a bikers nirvana... having a laugh with some good people and sharing years of expertise and knowledge helping people put bikes back together. Heck I bet many people would pay good money just to come and watch the bikes be fettled and fixed... not to mention learning a few tricks here and there.

Have a good weekend and I'm already waiting to see some photos!

Bloody hell it was hard work yesterday :rob:comfort

The electric ramp is amazing. I've got the "cross lift" for it in my cars boot at the mo'....
My other one [with monkey on it] may be for sale after the WeeKend, as I will not have room for both at Chateau Proff et Barb..

Only problem I'm going to have, is getting the 'leccy one back off Sid :augie

So 4 bikes on lifts, plus several work stations all around, means a lot of work should be done :)

Plus lots of refreshing real Ale and Proper Apple juice to quench our thirsts :thumb2:thumb2

Sids right, we are REALLY looking forward to this years event, reacquainting ourselves with the gentlemen [and ladies] of the site and meeting others who will be attending for the first time... :bow:bow:bow:bow

Looks great.. wish I had a workshop half as good!
Might have to have a go at adjusting the ate front brake whilst I'm there and have the aid of advice/guidence.. As however hard I try I just dont think I've got it at it's best!

Ahhh bollox, I'm gutted I can't attend.......:blast
Hope it all goes well......:thumb2

Timpo.

I picked up a scrap valeo starter today. Its knackered but if anyone is interested we could dismantle it and show those that dont yet know, how easy and cheap it can be to repair. I will bring it up if anyone is interested

I picked up a scrap valeo starter today. Its knackered but if anyone is interested we could dismantle it and show those that dont yet know, how easy and cheap it can be to repair. I will bring it up if anyone is interested

Great idea Pastyman :thumb
also have you got the cross ref of all the old froggy motors that used same starter as airheads ??

Sorry Proff. I know that the small citroen and peugeots used the Valeo D6ra starters, possibly renaults as well. Unfortunately the one they gave me is goosed but I think will get the gist.:rob

One of the reasons I doubt making it, is due to the rusting away of the left hand silencer mounting bracket. It's currently only held on by one bolt! plus, I have a slow puncture, due i think to the rear wheel being coroded internally. the idling is also a bit erratic.:comfort

:mad::(:comfort

Hmm, I have some tie wraps that are rated at 300 c, I might dwell on this a while longer. the availability of welding and someone who knows what they're doing is a bit of a draw!

Hmm, I have some tie wraps that are rated at 300 c, I might dwell on this a while longer. the availability of welding and someone who knows what they're doing is a bit of a draw!

put some ultra seal in the tyre and dont forget a pump :thumb2 as for the exhaust wrap some wire around it forget tie wraps :D and the run will proably give it a good clear out. think of the Beer :beer::beer:

Hey ! We have all been following the trials and tribulations of you bike for months now, you cant let us down now. as someone said, tie the bugger up with wire, get yerself to ASDA and buy a little electric pump, £6. bloody fantastic value, and ride the bugger down , you know it makes sense.:rob

Picked up all the painted parts for mine last night, they look good to me.

It will all be put in a van ( a proper basket case) and hopefully put together (mostly) over the wee-kend. I think I'll be missing some parts but there is lots to do so at least i'll be busy.

Is it OK if I bring my guitar for the evenings?

Hopefully i will set off from here early friday and be with you all before lunch:thumb2

Can't wait:bounce1

Shep

Yes please !! My pal's PD Classic had a knackered starter which I helped him change, but no idea really of how to overhaul a Valeo, so will be very interested.
Weekends looking better and better.:jager

bumpmucher, it has ultraseal in it already, put in by the previous owner. if the bike is ridden enough, the tyre doesn't deflate. But, leave it for a while & I can see the Blue ultraseal around the rim!

Back
Top Bottom