898 miles....

GeorgeH

Reaction score
Great venue folks....
Friday night after a few pints Techno said something that once suggested cannot be unsuggested..."anyone fancy a currry?"
So off we goes, meal ordered...."sorry sir we don't have a licence for alcohol but you can have a glass of water"...:blast
On Saturday Petcul, Mort, Gail, Techno, Ricardo, Sue and yours truly headed off to Lochcarron, Applecross pass and pub for lunch, then round the coast to Laide. The guy who runs the PO is from down here....he even gives us a cloth and tin of spray to clean our visors...top man.:thumb2
Petcul peeled off at Poolewe to see some friends and we headed off back to Ullapool for :beer:...
A great time had but I found out I needed to be at Carlisle for Sun 12:00 so an early start back and did not get to meet some of you....next time.:thumb2:thumb2

Attachments

• P1000123_1.jpg
    P1000123_1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 521
  • P1000126_2.jpg
    P1000126_2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 534
  • P1000128_Panorama_1.jpg
    P1000128_Panorama_1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 529
  • P1000116_1.jpg
    P1000116_1.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 531
Cheers Chap!

Just checked....906 miles

019.jpg

Great ride George:thumb

955 miles - It was the detour back through Gairloch, Sheildaig, Lochcarron and the Kyle of Lochalsh that did it. But it was worth it. Great weather until S of Glasgow when it couldn't mak up its mind whether it wanted to rain or not.

Great weekend:beerjug:

1692 miles...

..but I did go back via Tongue, John O'Groates and Edinburgh!

Great weekend and ride out!

That Indian won't do very well until it serves Cobra - let's hope it gets a licence before next year! Curry was spot on though and that water diluted most of the beer :)

Attachments

• P1010021_small.jpg
    P1010021_small.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 312
  • P1010015_small.jpg
    P1010015_small.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 312
  • P1010036_small.jpg
    P1010036_small.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 359
Thanks GeorgeH

Hi Just like to say thanks and for having faith in me on the ride out (new rider and all that) Really pleased you said there were only a couple of airpins or may have chickened out but to be honest would have called them Hair grips !!!!!.You did a great job and thanks for the encouragement .Look forward to lots more challengers . sue :thumb

Last edited:
No longer a new rider now Sue....1300 miles in 3 days including the pass of the cattle...:thumb2
Suspect your household will soon have a brace of 1200s too:cool:thumb2

Yeah already spoke about a 1200 because dont know how much more the 650 will take bless her. Going to the Hog roast weekend then on the ferry to Spain that Sunday for nearly three weeks of touring so may trade the bike when I get back will have to see but know will have too soon.Must admit though its a brilliant 1st bike easy to ride and very forgiving just right to get experience on.

What you must remember is it's a softly tuned water cooled 800cc engine. No way you're going to break it and it easily keeps up with the bigger GSs,

:beerjug:

Yeah i know what your saying but when you get her buzzing to keep up with the 1200s you get vibration white toe! after a while.but is great to ride. Clive moans about adjusting the chain and oiling it !!

Yeah i know what your saying but when you get her buzzing to keep up with the 1200s you get vibration white toe! after a while.but is great to ride. Clive moans about adjusting the chain and oiling it !!

Oh aye! The "C" thingy... good point.

1200 it is.

:beerjug:

chain n oil

Hi Chris and george nice 2 meet u again on here yea the chain thing pain in arse had to adjust it when we got home washed both bikes flippin chain was lookin crap with all the rain on way home ... wondered which way u went Chris on way back the guy who was followin u we passed him again on another m way ,u 2 goin to hog feast ?????

:beer:

Hi Chris and george nice 2 meet u again on here yea the chain thing pain in arse had to adjust it when we got home washed both bikes flippin chain was lookin crap with all the rain on way home ... wondered which way u went Chris on way back the guy who was followin u we passed him again on another m way ,u 2 goin to hog feast ?????

:beer:

I'm going to be in Portsmouth for that weekend as my oldest is having his final passing out do before he joins his RN ship....only 45 miles away but...:tears

Back
Top Bottom