Not so "challenging" medium hot ,off road ride out

Jay B

Reaction score
This year Callard and myself are helping Steve out by doing the medium level off road ride out.Plan is to work our way west towards Marlbourgh and then head back in towards the plain.Its going to be pretty relaxed mainly all green lanes and tracks with a bit of everything from chalky climbs to tank tracks!
The ride will be ideal for POGO's or the brave if your on a big bike.Im guessing its going to be around 80 miles with a fuel stop around the half way point.

Let me know if you are going to join us and what your piloting.

Cheers

Jay B

If it's dry and you agree, me on a 1200 on Tourances. Unless you plan on finding every muddy and or wet chalky bit of Wiltshire... Which is fine - I'll just do the easy group. :thumb

:)

If its dry it should be fine,few tricky bits and some deeper ruts but half the fun is making sure everyone makes it thru.

Cheers

Jay B

If it's dry and you agree, me on a 1200 on Tourances. Unless you plan on finding every muddy and or wet chalky bit of Wiltshire... Which is fine - I'll just do the easy group. :thumb

:)

If it's dry you'll be fine on road tyres. A lot of the plain is very hard packed at the minute, and i didn't see much mud about today...

Spoke to PAUL STURGESS the normall offroad guide, hes doing the beginners.

TOTAL BEGINNERS 1st TIMERS, gravel roads and a bit more if they wish

Hes in my SIDECAR outfit as he has a crock knee

Hi chaps

Am keen to participate in 1 of the ride outs. Will be on a 1200 GSA with conti trail attacks.

2 rideouts under my belt which was a mix of road, dirty/wet country lanes and light gravel type tracks. Level 1 off road course done 3 or so years ago.

My balance on the big un is pretty good, so am open to advice as to recommendations.

This year i might join this group, after doing the hardcore last year. Im want to play on the plain a bit more this year. If there is mud im there.:blast

2010 Gsa on tkc`s

Hi Jay, sorry I've not been in touch, subs have expired and there just hasnt been many (if any trf ride outs of late)

Steve, Anything in particular you want me to do or just pitch up and help out?

Hi Jay, sorry I've not been in touch, subs have expired and there just hasnt been many (if any trf ride outs of late)

Steve, Anything in particular you want me to do or just pitch up and help out?

Im going out Sunday from the rugby club 9ish to ride the planned route.Would be great if your able to make it.Im not sure Callard knows the area that well so another person on the ride with local knowledge would be a real bonus.
Cheers

Jay B

I'm in for this one. Orange 990 Beastie with Scorps :bounce1:bounce1
Saying that if its a bit shitty I'm still in :augie Oh how I love to push and pull bikes on a weekend :p

If Jason has too large a group we will need to split it in half, and I think you know enogh to lead that second group.

Yep sounds good to me, happy to fit where ever works best.

Im going out Sunday from the rugby club 9ish to ride the planned route.Would be great if your able to make it.Im not sure Callard knows the area that well so another person on the ride with local knowledge would be a real bonus.
Cheers

Jay B

Sure sounds good, you can reach me by email, anything at liquidlan.com will reach me. will be interesting to ride some of that stuff up towards Marlborough, I know its there, I've just not tackled most of it.

Cheers

Jay B

+ dave on a xr 400 honda told him 9am

Might bring my Ural then if I can get it back together in time! How much for a service will be the monkey!

Im in for this group, last year rode Hardcore, would like to have fun on the plain this year instead of the balls out mileage we did last year.
Bring on the mud......:blast

As there seems little interest in a fords ride, I'll probably join this as well, Two up on an 1150GSA :thumb2

As there seems little interest in a fords ride, I'll probably join this as well, Two up on an 1150GSA :thumb2

Cool, the more the merrier :D I dont feel any pressure at all now as a run leader ;) mind you Ive still got to get the bike back together before I can genuinely have that title :eek:

I would like to join the intermediate ride ?
What time will it start
Thanks
Eddie

Back
Top Bottom